PDA

View Full Version : Help: Programming the X-55 Joystick and HOTAS

Aikeedoh
Jan-31-2015, 12:20
Sorry if this topic has been discussed previously.

I have been trying to get the X-55 Rhino to work with Cliffs of Dover without success. It is quite frustrating. The game can only recognize the joystick x/y axis and the POV hat, but not any other buttons. I tried programming the joystick using Saitek's software to assign SPACE key to the red fire trigger button. I even assign JOYSTICK+KEY0 to firing gun using the in-game option setup, but that still didn't work. Firing gun only works using the space key.

I also notice the plane nose tends to drift upward to the right, which forces me to push it forward and to the left a bit to keep it level. This after multiple times trying to calibrate the joystick by using Saitek's software and in game option.

I search for programming instructions using Google and Youtube, but found none. I saw videos of people demonstrating/playing the game with the X-55, and not sure how they were able to get the stick to work.

I appreciate any help in getting the X-55 to work with this game.

Thanks.

ATAG_Jeepy
Jan-31-2015, 14:55
Hi there Aikeedoh.

Got the very same x-55 and also Your problem, but in DCS..:D
Working great for me in CloD.
Try a setup without the Saitek softw. -program it by "control setup" in CloD.

Haven't had mine long here so no adv. setups, but I could send You
my "profile" if You want.

btw, are You running Win8.1? :joystick:

:salute:

ATAG_((dB))
Jan-31-2015, 14:59
I think your problems is the software. Don't use it, turn it off. Just map it in the game settings

1lokos
Jan-31-2015, 15:08
One thing that I notice with external keymappers (Xpadder, Joytokey) - that work like these joystick Software (Saitek HUD)
is if you are tuning the game "As administrator" is need set the software in the same way, or the keypress are not registered.

Aikeedoh
Jan-31-2015, 23:27
Thanks all for suggesting turning off Saitek's software. That seems to work.

ATAG_Jeepy, if you don't mind, can you please post your profile?

Thanks again.

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-01-2015, 00:42
Anytime man:thumbsup:

71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G)
Feb-01-2015, 11:07
Hi there Aikeedoh.

Got the very same x-55 and also Your problem, but in DCS..:D
Working great for me in CloD.
Try a setup without the Saitek softw. -program it by "control setup" in CloD.

Haven't had mine long here so no adv. setups, but I could send You
my "profile" if You want.

btw, are You running Win8.1? :joystick:

:salute:

How do you turn off the Saitek software?

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-01-2015, 11:37
Hey Doc, just don't map or create a profile on it on the HUD. There is no on or off per see, you however have a CLEAR if you right clic on the hub icon on the task bar

o7

Aikeedoh
Feb-01-2015, 14:06
71st: Go to your system task bar (I am using Windows 7), right click on the X-55 Rhino icon and click clear.

Decibel: Does the in-game option allow for joystick calibration? I see a green slider bar showing max and min travel of the joystick, but not sure if that is calibration.

Reason I ask is if I leave the stick in the center, the aircraft nose tends to slowly drift to the right and up, I had to push the stick forward a bit and slightly to the left to keep it level.

Thanks.

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-01-2015, 14:34
Decibel: Does the in-game option allow for joystick calibration? I see a green slider bar showing max and min travel of the joystick, but not sure if that is calibration.

Reason I ask is if I leave the stick in the center, the aircraft nose tends to slowly drift to the right and up, I had to push the stick forward a bit and slightly to the left to keep it level.

Thanks.

Yes you can fine tune it in the Axis into the control setting, you can also set your curve direct into the HUD but don't map anything there.
as for the drift it is a normal think on any aircraft because of external force like the torque or the prop precession. To counter that you need arm juice or trim tab

;)

Aikeedoh
Feb-01-2015, 15:18
Not sure I understand your first line. Can you please show me how to do that?

I am in the CONTROLS OPTION screen, Axes page, Category Aircraft.
Select Aileron, I program it to joystick+X Axis.
At the bottom are 3 bars:
Sensitivity: 0.50
0% Dead Zone: 0.05
100% Dead Zone: 0.05
To the right are two green bars
Out: 0.00
In: 0.00

I see the same for Elevator. I don't see any other option for fine tuning or play with the curve.

Also when I restart the game, I had to reprogram it again. I tried saving the ini file and reload, that messed up the control all together...:-)

ATAG_Jeepy
Feb-01-2015, 15:36
Aikeedo, U got a pm.. :salute:

Aikeedoh
Feb-01-2015, 17:09
Got it. Thanks.

71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G)
Feb-05-2015, 06:18
Yes you can fine tune it in the Axis into the control setting, you can also set your curve direct into the HUD but don't map anything there.
as for the drift it is a normal think on any aircraft because of external force like the torque or the prop precession. To counter that you need arm juice or trim tab

;)

thanks dB!