PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane start up

Blue-lph
Feb-01-2015, 12:05
Hi guys,
Recently had a bit of trouble starting the Hurricane. Is it best to be on full rich and auxiliary tanks or main tanks, etc? Whats the correct sequence cuz there are differences in the tutorials I've seen.

Thanks guys

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-01-2015, 12:17
Hmm next time i see you online i will take you for a spin. We will go through all procedure. Its not complicated, but you need to get some hints first.

DRock
Feb-01-2015, 12:23
Hi guys,
Recently had a bit of trouble starting the Hurricane. Is it best to be on full rich and auxiliary tanks or main tanks, etc? Whats the correct sequence cuz there are differences in the tutorials I've seen.

Thanks guys

Keep mixture at 100%. There's no need to mess with that unless you are running short of fuel.

Use your main tank until you get low, then switch to aux.

Blue-lph
Feb-01-2015, 14:09
Thank you. I also need help with recognition of enemy planes. I guess more eyes in the sky, the better? I recently watched a scrap and had trouble making out the 109's from the Spits until very close...almost too close.

DRock
Feb-01-2015, 14:17
Thank you. I also need help with recognition of enemy planes. I guess more eyes in the sky, the better? I recently watched a scrap and had trouble making out the 109's from the Spits until very close...almost too close.

First rule for me. Never pull the trigger unless you are 100% sure of target.

Behavior can often tell you who is who, but not always. For instance the plane pointing straight up and accelerating is often the 109. If you are entering a dogfight, target the highest contact and work down from there. Stay above your enemies, unless diving away to escape.

TeamSpeak is the best tool for identifying targets, IMO.

If approaching target from the rear, look at the belly of plane. Two radiators means a 109, one on the right wing is a Spitfire.

Hope this helps.

Blue-lph
Feb-01-2015, 14:21
I found anti aircraft can quickly give them away at times, that is if I don't get hit myself! Yikes! I've got alot to learn...but having fun doing so.

klu.peete
Feb-02-2015, 12:35
109 .: 2 radiators
G50. : No radiator
110. : Duble tail.

Spitfire.: 1 radiator right on wing
Hurricane : radiator in middle under the plane. .
Most germans hafe yellow nose and rudder.. and yellow wingtips .. this is a start.. :-)

Loopback
Feb-02-2015, 22:06
I also need help with recognition of enemy planes.

Hi Blue-lph

Here's something I did a while ago which helped me with my aircraft recognition. I cut them out and stuck them to my monitor until I learnt to look for the things like radiator position, wing shape and also how high the tail section was on the head on profile (109's are high when looking at the cockpit from the front and the spit and hurry are low).

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5207

Hope it helps.

Loop

Blue-lph
Feb-03-2015, 04:25
Those are great ideas..I'll try them. Thanks guys.