PDA

View Full Version : Take the time to help 1C

ATAG_Deacon
May-07-2012, 06:49
As we know, this is a alpha patch. I've had more than 30 Launcher Crashes over the past two days. I just sent an e-mail to 1C with the information regarding the crashes, I hope they find some useful information.

Please take the time to do the same...it can only make CloD & ATAG better!

Today, 06:28 AM

Ataros

Good news about crashes!
naryv, one of the developers, wrote at sukhoi.ru that developers specifically addressed the issue of multi-engine aircraft crashes when flying in formation. 2-3 weeks ago I PMed BlackSix that this is the most fast way to reproduce online crashes. Then the devs reproduced and fixed it. Guys from ATAG tested it after the patch flying bombers in formation without crashes.

What does this mean?

This means that each individual type of crash has its own reasons and having received crash dump files of each individual crash developers will fix them one by one, and this is good news. But to fix crashes for your particular hardware and drivers developers must obtain crash dump files from your PC. If you do not send crash dumps you will crash more often than others eventually.

This is what this alpha-release was issued for.

Please take crash dumps from Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cppcrash

and send them with a description to ishevchenko@1cpublishing.eu

together with log.txt which you can find in Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover (enable logging in conf.ini first by changing Log=0 to Log=1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix
Please enable logging in your conf.ini (Log=1). If the game crashes, send us your log as well as any crash dump files created in the cppdump folder in the main game installation. Email everything to ishevchenko@1cpublishing.eu

So! Get testing. Get reporting. Make sure your logging is enabled, and send us your crashlogs!
Now, when the engine core is mostly rewritten and time for bug-fixing has come I hope we'll have new beta patches releases more often.

~S~

Deacon

Dutch
May-07-2012, 07:40
I spent Saturday evening and most of yesterday collecting crashfiles and logs. I've sent them dutifully along to Mr Shevchenko.

I'll spend a little time later on today doing the same, but then I'll be reverting to the old version.

I don't mind helping them sort the crashes, but I very much mind what I've seen of the new 'flight models'.

ATAG_Deacon
May-07-2012, 08:14
+1

Reverting back tonight. I have precious little time to fly and I would rather not spend it all on Launcher Crashes.

ATAG_Septic
May-07-2012, 11:03
Thanks for the reminder Deacon, I've sent a load of dump files now.

Septic.