PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Dowly
May-07-2012, 13:19
Starting my CloD online career and the little birdies told ATAG is a good server, so here I am!

A wee bit of my simming history:

The first flightsim I remember playing properly (i.e. with a joystick) was Microprose's
"Dogfight - 80 Years of Aerial Warfare" at mate's place. Quickly picked "European Air War"
after that, again at mate's place (had no PC back then). I had an old 486 PC for a brief
moment on which I was first introduced to "B-17: Flying Fortress", absolutely loved it!
My first flightsim on my first proper PC was IL2, it had just been released at the
time I got my PC, so it was also my first game on it. :thumbsup:

IL2 remained as my only flightsim for a long time, with the exception of B-17 II that I
played few times a year. Some years back I heard about "Battle of Britain II", so got
that and fell in love with the AI. But not being able to fly properly as a single pilot,
I never got into it as much as I would've liked.

As for my flightsimming today, I fly more or less frequently Rise of Flight, IL2 1946,
DCS: A-10C, DCS: Black Shark 2 and of course Cliffs of Dover.

Think that's about it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I go park my flaming wreck next to Herr-B's. :bgsmile:

S!

ATAG_Colander
May-07-2012, 13:40
Welcome to our forum and our server Dowly!

I see you like bombers. I'm sure the ATAG bomber crew will be happy to assist you in order to get you on the air.
Don't forget to install Teamspeak and join us there. It feels like a different game when you have comms.

Dowly
May-07-2012, 14:43
I actually prefer fighters these days. Was kinda spoiled by the nice crew management
aspect of the B-17 games, so flying a bomber in other sims feels a bit lonely.

Oh right, I did have a question too:

I assume there is no way to change the view to external/non-cockpit if the track has
been recorded on a server with external view disabled?

Doc
May-07-2012, 14:47
No there isn't a way. Wish there was but not at this time.

And welcome to the ATAG forums.

Dowly
May-07-2012, 14:50
No there isn't a way. Wish there was but not at this time.

Just as I feared then. Shame, would've liked to make some gun camera clips from the
server.

Herr-B
May-07-2012, 14:53
Now if you'll excuse me, I go park my flaming wreck next to Herr-B's. :bgsmile:

S!

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Looking forward to catching up with you on the server, even more so on TS. :bgsmile:

Red or blue?

Herr-B

ChiefRedCloud
May-07-2012, 15:04
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4378/willeywelcome.png

Dowly
May-07-2012, 15:05
[...]even more so on TS. :bgsmile:

Oh shut up! :Grin:

Red or blue?

Herr-B

You know I like them 109s, so that would be.. err.. blue?

Doc
May-07-2012, 15:07
You know this is a common request and it should be implemented in game. But as you can easily tell from reading the forums there are higher priority issues the developers are working on at the moment. But I and a lot agree with you on that one.

Doc

Herr-B
May-07-2012, 15:13
Oh shut up! :Grin:

You know I like them 109s, so that would be.. err.. blue?

Aye, blue- I've got about 80+ starts in an E3, one in an E4, two in a Hurricane and two in a 110 - my fear is now being labled something by choosing a 109 now after the degradation of the red stuff.

I'll buy you a mic if that's the problem. . . :scream:

ATAG_Septic
May-07-2012, 17:09
Welcome Dowly old chap!

Septic.

ATAG_Bliss
May-07-2012, 19:34
Hi and :welcome!:, Dowly!

As others have said hop on TS and get straight into the action :)

Lovin' the avatar picture btw. :thumbsup: