PDA

View Full Version : TSNotifier for Beginners [Definitive Guide]

69th_Turn
Feb-08-2015, 01:27
Who said that?

Want to see who's speaking in TeamSpeak without taking your eyes off the sky? While there are plenty of awesome folks here who have posted useful information already, nobody has as of yet created a complete guide for beginners - current to today's environment. My intention here is to provide that reference post, and to save you from repeating the many days effort it took me to figure this all out.

This guide assumes you have both IL2CoD and TeamSpeak already installed and functional.

S/W versions used in this guide:

CoD TF patch v4.312
TeamSpeak v3.0.16
TSNotifier v1.5.5c

I'll endeavor to keep this top post current over time, edited as needed, so you don't need to read the whole thread to get on with it (assuming this guide inspires any discussion).

All helpful comments encouraged and welcomed!

Summary

install TS Notifier app
enable it for IL2CoD
test it
tweak as desired, for bonus marks

Quickstart Guide (for advanced users)

This will get you up and running in 5 minutes. For the full user guide, please skip this section and proceed to Full Guide below.

first, close the TeamSpeak and Cliffs of Dover applications
install TSNotifier from http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/
launch TSNotifier.exe as an Administrator
add these values to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\TSNotifier\gamesettings.ini

[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1
font.size=30
speaker.offsetY=20

Backup existing settings.ini file, then replace it with the one attached below (extract contents to C:\Users\<your usename>\AppData\Roaming\TSNotifier):

(Note: the above settings.ini file is provided as a convenience. It configures the s/w as described in the Optional Tweaks section below.)

restart TSNotifier.exe for above to take affect (again, as administrator)
launch TeamSpeak
launch CoD (or restart it if already running)
enjoy!

Check out the Testing, Optional Tweaks and Special Observations sections below to enjoy TSNotifier to its fullest.

Full Guide

Installation:

download 'TSNotifier' from http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/
launch the .msi you downloaded above (automated installer 'SetupTSNotifierV1xxx.msi')

Make special shortcut:

browse to TSNotifier.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\TS Notifier\
right-click TSNotifier.exe -> Compatibility tab -> Enable 'Run this program as an administrator' -> OK
right-click TSNotifier.exe -> Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut). Or, create whatever other shortcut you want.

Note: TSNotifier does NOT work on my PC unless it's run as Administrator. Your system may be different. TeamSpeak, however, does not require Admin rights.

Enabling:

launch TSNotifier (using special shortcut created above)
look for the 'TS' Notifier icon in the Windows System Tray
right-click -> Edit gamesettings.ini
search for the line '[Launcher.exe]'. If it doesn't exist, create it (at the top is easiest).
under it, add 'game.enabled=1' (no quotes)

[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1

save your changes
If CoD is already running, close it then restart it. Otherwise, just start it now.

NOTE: any gamesettings.ini changes require CoD to be restarted.

Testing:

Single Player -> Quick Mission mode works fine for any testing (i.e. you don't need to join the Multiplayer ATAG server each time you want to re-test a small change).

During your testing, any changes made to gamesettings.ini require CoD to be restarted. Changes made via the TSNotifier's right-click menu options, however, do not.

launch TSNotifier (using special shortcut created above)
right-click 'TS' Notifier icon -> General -> enable 'Show Self' (temporarily, for testing)
launch TeamSpeak (TS), connect to the ATAG TS server, and join a separate, empty 'Flight x' channel

NOTE: it is highly recommended you conduct these tests outside the main Allied Forces or Axis Forces group channels, so as not to distract your fellow flight mates!

launch CoD and spawn into an aircraft
press your TeamSpeak's 'Press-To-Talk' button/keyboard key
you should see your handle name appear overlaid on your flight screen as intended (in yellow, by default)
Note: you must be in-cockpit. No overlay will appear if you're in the menu areas.
to conduct listening tests, switch to your side's group channel ('Allied Forces' or 'Axis Forces')
when someone speaks you should see their handle appear as intended
continue tweaking TSNotifier as desired (ALT-Tab back to Windows, make change, then ALT-Tab back to the game)
the exception is for any gamesettings.ini changes, which will require you to restart CoD (these described more below).

When you're done testing, remember to disable 'Show Self' again (unless you get confused easily and need that reminder :)

Optional Tweaks (some highly recommended):

Font Size Changes:

I find the default font a bit small. Here's how to change it:

right-click 'TS'Notifier icon in system tray -> Edit gamesettings.ini
in the [Launcher.exe] section add this line:

font.size=30

(use whatever font size you want - default is 15)

save your changes

NOTE: any gamesettings.ini changes require CoD to be restarted.

enable 'Show Self' temporarily to test (see Testing section above)

Recommended:

Right-click 'TS'Notifier icon in your system tray for each item below:

'Update-check'-> 'Check on startup'-> disable (mine's working great now, don't want it messed up!)
General-> 'Show Channel'-> disable (unless you monitor multiple channels and want to distinguish them)
General-> 'Also show non-speaker'-> disable. Enable this if you want to see everyone in the channel (maybe useful for those with just one monitor). Color changes for the speaker. Use small font size for this one!
General-> 'Show Log'-> disable (unless you want to monitor new channel joins)
General-> 'Show caption "Log-scroller"'-> disable
General-> 'Show self'-> disable (after testing completed)
General-> 'Min Display Time'-> 'adjust overlay fade delay'. This is how long each nickname appears (I prefer 3000 ms)
Colors-> Speaker-> name's color. The default green is hard to see over bright skies (I prefer dark blue).
'Speaker Position'-> Top-Center (or wherever you prefer)

NOTE: the above changes take effect immediately (restarting CoD is not required).

Text Positioning Tweaks

Certain screen positions block important messages. Here's how to fix that:

right-click 'TS' Notifier icon-> Edit gamesettings.ini
add this line to the [Launcher.exe] section:

speaker.offsetY=20

The exact value is up to you. 20 works well for Top-Center mode with a font size of 30. This prevents it blocking important incoming campaign notifications.

Positioning commands available:

speaker.offsetX: moves speakers right (positive values), or left (negative values)
speaker.offsetY: moves speakers down (positive values), or up (negative values)
logscroller.offsetX: moves log-scroller right (positive values), or left (negative values)
logscroller.offsetY: moves log-scroller down (positive values), or up (negative values)

Special Observations

TSNotifier must be run as an Administrator (at least, that's what I've found). If you're not seeing anything in-cockpit, this may be why.
use CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F11 to toggle it off/on
the 'AFK' TeamSpeak channel won't work for the above TSNotifier tests (to avoid confusion)
you can fine tune the overlay position using special gamesettings.ini values in the [Launcher.exe] section (see Text Positioning Tweaks above.
avoid using TSNotifier's 'Start with TS' option. This causes multiple instances to remain in memory whenever you exit/start TeamSpeak. Instead, launch each application separately.
don't bother using TSNotifier's optional 'Hardware Overlay' mode. Although it has some nice features, it's problematic (i.e. works in the CoD menus, but not in a cockpit). If you have it working, and know exactly how you got it working, please let me know!
a guide to fancy outline and color tweaking found here: http://blog.cfxxl.de/index.php/how-to/extended-render-engine-options/?lang=en
some folks have overlays working using the one built into CoD itself. However, they're using older versions of TeamSpeak. The current version no longer works in CoD and is no longer available from the TS website.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Volunteer
Feb-08-2015, 14:20
Maybe a 'completely-complete' guide for beginners could include a video for the not-so computerate ...? :grandpa

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-08-2015, 15:12
I've been having trouble with TSnotifier and any overlay for that matter..Never had any of them working....I've tried a few different ones over the past couple years with no joy...So many folks have tried to help but to no avail...Here's my issue again just in case someone has any fresh ideas...and sorry to bring an issue to this brilliant thread already....~S~

When I start TSNotifier I get a 'bong' noise and this error..

and then in TSNotifier settings I have this....

it doesn't matter which overlay/notifier I use I still get it in red in the settings....I have tried 32bit...64bit...and other overlays...all are red in this area..

69th_Turn
Feb-08-2015, 19:24
Maybe a 'completely-complete' guide for beginners could include a video for the not-so computerate ...? :grandpa

Hey Volunteer. Yeah, I thought about a video, but the procedure didn't seem like a good candidate - in my mind.

May I ask what part(s) you find especially confusing? I thought it was quite geared to the computer novice already, but perhaps I should do more somewhere.

69th_Turn
Feb-08-2015, 19:43
I've been having trouble with TSnotifier and any overlay for that matter..Never had any of them working....[snip]...and sorry to bring an issue to this brilliant thread already....~S~

No problem, Lewis. Would love to try helping...
(thanks for the screenshots...they help)

First of all, I can recreate your second error at will (and fix it). The first error, however...less confident about, but let's have a go anyway. If you're game, want to meet up on TS sometime? Way quicker than dogfighting it for days in a thread.

Just pick a time (PM me) and I'll be there (you may ignore timezone differences)

To prepare, please download the zip-file version of the current TSNotifier s/w ahead of time:

http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/
click the '(show other files)' link right at the top of the above web page
then, scroll down to the TSNotitier (zip-File/no installer) section
download the very first zip file (it's slow, so may take awhile)
extract contents to new folder on your Windows Desktop

-Turn-

KansasCS
Feb-27-2015, 20:44
There is no existing settings.ini file. Do i just add it to the folder that already contains the gamesettings.ini file?

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-27-2015, 22:21
Sorry I missed your reply...I'll download the files when Im back on my pc

69th_Turn
Feb-28-2015, 09:24
There is no existing settings.ini file. Do i just add it to the folder that already contains the gamesettings.ini file?

Hey KansasCS,

Yes, that should work fine too. Normally, settings.ini gets created after the first time you launch TSNotifier.exe.

(if one follows the sequence in the Quickstart section...)

Make sure you always launch TSNotifier as an Administrator too.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

TWC_SLAG
Mar-06-2015, 17:18
I have everything set up the right way, it seems. But, I get the TSnotifier window UNTIL i open CloD. As soon as I double click on the CloD file, the window disappears.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

badfinger

69th_Turn
Mar-06-2015, 21:38
...As soon as I double click on the CloD file, the window disappears...

Yep, I've got some ideas. Sounds like you've set things up differently. Let's meet on TS and I can try to help. If I see anything of interest to others, I'll update everyone here.

Just pick a time...

TWC_SLAG
Mar-07-2015, 00:15
I just want everybody to know that Turn spent ~2.5 hours with me tonight, trying to help me get TSNotifier working correctly. It's very gratifying to know that people with his patience and self-sacrifice are in our flight sim community willing to help us less PC proficient types.

Well done, and thanks, Turn.

badfinger

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-10-2015, 10:41
o7 to you Turn

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-11-2015, 09:44
Optional Tweaks (some highly recommended):

Right-click 'TS'Notifier icon in your system tray for each item below:

'Update-check'-> 'Check on startup'-> disable (mine's working great now, don't want it messed up!)
General-> 'Show Channel'-> disable (unless you monitor multiple channels and want to distinguish them)
General-> 'Also show non-speaker'-> disable. Enable this if you want to see everyone in the channel (maybe useful for those with just one monitor). Color changes for the speaker. Use small font size for this one!
General-> 'Show Log'-> disable (unless you want to monitor new channel joins)
General-> 'Show caption "Log-scroller"'-> disable
General-> 'Show self'-> disable (after testing completed)
General-> 'Min Display Time'-> 'adjust overlay fade delay'. This is how long each nickname appears (I prefer 3000 ms)
Colors-> Speaker-> name's color. The default green is hard to see over bright skies (I prefer dark blue).
'Speaker Position'-> Top-Center (or wherever you prefer)

NOTE: the above changes take effect immediately (restarting CoD is not required).

I did those but every time I re start my PC I have to do it again, it's like it doesn't save my settings

any idea why?
o7

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-11-2015, 13:10
Check permissions for saving? Try to apply as "Admin"?

69th_Turn
Mar-11-2015, 13:59
I did those but every time I re start my PC I have to do it again, it's like it doesn't save my settings

any idea why?
o7

Yeah, this'll happen if you don't have write permissions to the C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\TSNotifier\settings.ini file. Make sure it's not read-only, and that your account has write permissions (to the whole TSNotifier folder is best (and should normally be by default).

5./JG26_Peete
Mar-11-2015, 14:14
If it not work trough it away... pilots in ww2 had no little screen who was talking.. lissen at the voice and recon the man by looking ones or twice at ts window on desctop... :-)

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-12-2015, 04:55
It seam to have fixed it self, thanks guys for the reply's. Not you PEETE :-P

Blade_Meister
Mar-16-2015, 22:09
Turn,thanks so much. This is very clear and straight forward, perfect for a Grumpy Old Man!
Worked first time through. With a little more training in SP and hopefully a Little instruction from one of the teachers here, I will be using this in MP soon. Thanks again for your time and patience in creating this fine tutorial.

S!Blade<><

71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G)
Mar-17-2015, 05:59
Thanks for sharing this was most helpful!

TWC_SLAG
Mar-19-2015, 13:41
If TSNotifier doesn't work, could it have anything to do with screen resolution?

badfinger

69th_Turn
Mar-23-2015, 23:51
...This is very clear and straight forward, perfect for a Grumpy Old Man! Worked first time through.....
S!Blade<><

Thanks for that feedback, Blade. That's useful to know. All the best!

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-24-2015, 01:07
If TSNotifier doesn't work, could it have anything to do with screen resolution?

badfinger

I don't think that it's inter-connected.

METALEAGLE
Jun-06-2015, 12:09
I have tried and followed all directions to a T as I am pc lit the program will not work at all ?
:grrr:

TWC_SLAG
Jun-06-2015, 12:34
I have tried and followed all directions to a T as I am pc lit the program will not work at all ?

Welcome to the club. This add-on has been a complete mystery to me. I can't get it to work.

badfinger

ATAG_Dave
Jun-06-2015, 12:39
one easy way to get this working is to replace your TS files with those from a user who has it working properly with ts notifier installed. that's what I did and have had no issues with it :thumbsup:

METALEAGLE
Jun-06-2015, 13:58
Going to try overwolf on ts I think

69th_Turn
Jun-06-2015, 14:46
Sorry you're having problems, Metaleagle. The directions do work, but perhaps TSNotifier doesn't work on some PCs. I'm not sure how to help you, if you want help.

TWC_SLAG
Jun-07-2015, 23:08
one easy way to get this working is to replace your TS files with those from a user who has it working properly with ts notifier installed. that's what I did and have had no issues with it :thumbsup:

Dave,

Could you possibly share your TS file with MATALEAGLE and myself? It may not work, but it is worth a shot.

Thanks,

badfinger

ATAG_Dave
Jun-08-2015, 06:06
Dave,

Could you possibly share your TS file with MATALEAGLE and myself? It may not work, but it is worth a shot.

Thanks,

badfinger

No problem at all - see PM I just sent :thumbsup:

rowns
Sep-19-2015, 05:52
It isn't working for me, when I click to open the gamesettings.ini it doesn't open att all.

TWC_SLAG
Sep-19-2015, 19:07
Do you have Overlay Enabled? Doing that is what made it work for me.

badfinger

rowns
Sep-20-2015, 03:56
Do you have Overlay Enabled? Doing that is what made it work for me.

badfinger

That did work but, TS notifier crashes when starting clod.

DoubleStandards
Sep-20-2015, 17:44
That did work but, TS notifier crashes when starting clod.

I believe you have to start up TS Notifier after you start Cliffs.

DS

rowns
Sep-21-2015, 02:35

DS

Thank you very much, I haven't tried it yet but it I believe that it works.

shadepiece
Dec-04-2015, 02:16
THANK YOU!! This got me up, and running very fast. I wish this thread was a bit easier to find. I had to do some searching. If it's not already, it should be "stickyed"!

JG51Ogg
Jun-04-2016, 10:48
Turn,
>S<
Thank you for the definitive guide for dummies. I was running the wrong TS version and was going out of my mind. Then do what everyone does as a last resort...READ THE DIRECTIONS!! I was running version 3.0.13.1 of TS not 3.0.16. After reading and getting the correct version, re-followed the directions and damn it works.

Thank you for your service to the community.
>S<

FubarBrickdust
Jun-05-2016, 22:02
Nice one, Turn!

I'm brand new to CloD - Been trying to get some sort of overlay working in-game to help out with the confusion of who's who on TS. Everything's failed...until now! Works like a charm.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Gizz
Jun-08-2016, 04:29
Going to try this tonight I think... anyone notice any FPS Hit ???

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jun-08-2016, 04:31
Anyone knows if the notifier works in conjunction with the last Ts update ( version 3.0.19.1 )?

Gizz
Jun-08-2016, 04:36
Anyone knows if the notifier works in conjunction with the last Ts update ( version 3.0.19.1 )?

From what I understand it's important you only use the version noted in the first post..

9./JG26_Brigg
Jun-08-2016, 12:33
using version 3.0.19.1 here with no problems

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jun-08-2016, 16:18

Thanks a lot for the info! ;)

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-09-2016, 04:05

I just did this last night using the latest versions of teamspeak and teamspeak notifier.

All works as it should.

Run Clod before starting up the notifier.... (as it says in the original post) or the launcher crashes.

dix
Jun-09-2016, 05:56

DS

I just did this last night using the latest versions of teamspeak and teamspeak notifier.

All works as it should.

Run Clod before starting up the notifier.... (as it says in the original post) or the launcher crashes.

mmm... i've to launch it before clod or I won't see the overlay at all, it actually starts whenever i launch TS
and I never had crashes due to tsnotifier O_o"

Hurricane
Mar-28-2017, 07:30
Worked like a treat thank you, no problems. :thumbsup:

Only discovered this today. :cool:

Best regards, :thumbsup:
Mike.

Baffin
Mar-28-2017, 09:00
One thing's for sure... The definitive guide is no longer definitive! So much depends on each player's system configuration as to how TS3 and TSNotifier interacts with CLoD, SLI, Target Script Editor, TrackIR5, and many overclocking utilities. The latest TS3 and TSN versions work fine in my system after a little re-sequencing.

After completely removing old versions with Windows Control Panel or a free app like CCleaner, I personally recommend the normal installation sequence as recommended by the publishers of TS3 and TSN. Then if something doesn't work, start changing the startup sequence of the game play utilities like those mentioned in the first paragraph.

My CLoD start sequence has changed a number of times and is presently: Target Script Editor, TrackIR5, Saitek Profiler, VAC System, CLoD, TS3 (With TSN activated) and finally MSI Afterburner for overclocking. I determined this recipe by trial and error and keep it all straight by displaying start Icons in a row on the desktop in this order. There does not seem to be a definitive method, - i.e., Dix's sequence will not work for me and my sequence will probably not work for him.

All you can do is search for a method that works for you. It's worth the effort! :pcguy:

ATAG_Knight
Apr-26-2017, 17:32
Hi All

I've been looking for an Overlay / Notifier for sometime . Followed the instructions and it works great on my system .

Well done and thanks. :salute:

Baffin
Apr-27-2017, 10:23
I have noticed another sequencing factor. It's not TeamSpeak Client that causes my startup problem, it's the TSNotifier add-on. I can successfully start CLoD with the TS3 Client running as long as TSNotifier is not running ([TRAY] TSNotifier>General>Start with TS3 is not checked).

This supports the concept that CLoD startup is not friendly with overlays like TSNotifier and MSI Afterburner's Rivatuner Statistics Server. These "Sub" Programs provide the screen display for TSNotifier and MSI Afterburner output and are responsible for my failure of CLoD to start if they are running. After CLoD startup, they may be started and used normally.

My sequence is now Target Script Editor, TrackIR5, Saitek Profiler, VAC System, TS3 (With TSN not activated). Next, I start CLoD, and finally MSI Afterburner for overclocking OSD. TSNotifier may then be started from the desktop as an administrator or from the TS3 Client Tools>Options>Addons menu.

However I start these overlays, I have to start them after starting the CLoD launcher.exe. :whacky:

9./JG52 Sturm
May-01-2017, 05:37
I have noticed another sequencing factor. It's not TeamSpeak Client that causes my startup problem, it's the TSNotifier add-on. I can successfully start CLoD with the TS3 Client running as long as TSNotifier is not running ([TRAY] TSNotifier>General>Start with TS3 is not checked).

This supports the concept that CLoD startup is not friendly with overlays like TSNotifier and MSI Afterburner's Rivatuner Statistics Server. These "Sub" Programs provide the screen display for TSNotifier and MSI Afterburner output and are responsible for my failure of CLoD to start if they are running. After CLoD startup, they may be started and used normally.

My sequence is now Target Script Editor, TrackIR5, Saitek Profiler, VAC System, TS3 (With TSN not activated). Next, I start CLoD, and finally MSI Afterburner for overclocking OSD. TSNotifier may then be started from the desktop as an administrator or from the TS3 Client Tools>Options>Addons menu.

However I start these overlays, I have to start them after starting the CLoD launcher.exe. :whacky:

My experience would support this: I've found as soon as I run TS Notifier as administrator Cliffs will not run. If I don't run it as admin, Cliffs runs but TS Notifier doesn't work. I have tested TS Notifier on other games and it works fine, so nothing to do with my install. Most frustrating.

gridset
Jul-07-2017, 09:11
This now works perfectly as of TS 3.1.4.2

9./JG52 Sturm
Jul-07-2017, 11:33
This now works perfectly as of TS 3.1.4.2

Cheers, will test it out. Much easier having it function correctly without the hassle of the existing workaround.

Pembquist
Sep-25-2017, 18:29
TS Notifier works good win10 amd Athlon 64 4gb. However, when started it doesn't show in the tray at the bottom but rather as a hidden icon. Took me a while to realize. Also the INI file doesn't have to be modified to locate where the text appears, it is under GENERAL when you click on the hidden TSNotifier icon, (right left can't remember.) It likes to reset to the upper left whenever I restart it.

Baffin
Sep-28-2017, 10:04
For reality seekers: This behavior is perfectly normal in real-life aviation. You get in the plane, then turn on the radio. Some old types may require engine running before the radio is available but in all cases, the radio is OFF before entering the cockpit for preflight. Starting TeamSpeak and TSNotifier after seeing the virtual cockpit on the screen is the "right and proper thing to do!" :lala:

diziet
Nov-12-2017, 16:20
I'm feeling a tad frustrated.... After having Teamspeak and TSNotifier working perfectly for AGES I stupidly clicked OK for the automatic update of TS. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. Firstly I had push to talk mapped to joystick button and that no longer worked and to cap that I lost the Notifier display in game.

I did get TS work properly eventually (I've installed a much earlier version) but I still can't get any Notifier display when playing CLOD. I've tried all the hints tips and tricks....

I get the TSNotifier message in CLOD to say it's running / activated but no display. Also, Notifier does not show up in the list of TS plugins.

Can anyone help?

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-27-2017, 18:27
I managed to get mine running using this (below) in the 'gamesettings.ini'

[Launcher64.exe]

and NOT...

[Launcher.exe]

I think this is what works since BLITZ edition..not sure...It worked for me when I followed Turns run through on the OP...If this is the case I will either get Turn to edit the OP or I can do it...But I need to know if this is correct first so any feedback welcome..

...Lew...

GrumpyMoose
Jun-14-2022, 17:37
**RESOLVED** Anyone still using the TSNotifier in 2022? I spent hours trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully.

Can anyone suggest an overlay that is know to work?

GrumpyMoose
Jun-14-2022, 17:48
Anyone still using the TSNotifier in 2022? I spent hours trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully.

Can anyone suggest an overlay that is know to work?

I got it working after all. Just after I made this post. Go figure.

Any way it was Lewis' last post that saved me. Thanks mate!

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-04-2024, 18:51
Uhhhh !!!!

Suddenly TS notifier isnt working with Teamspeak

Both are the newest verions TS 3.6.1 TS Notifier 1.6.0i

nothing doing

Was talking to Vamps on TS a few days back. He has exactly these versions installed... and no issue.

I have uninatlled and reintalled... and gone round the houses.

I'm getting nowhere.

Anyone else haveing issues with this ? It's the first time I've had any issues with these programes myself !... and nothing on the PC has changed.

any help very much appreciated !!

'Seas

EDIT.. just got promted for a Teamspeak update.... i really want to go to sleep... but for you guys im gonna stay up a while longer

edit ediit....

no changes... both softwares updated to newest versions... nuffink appenin tho !

TS 3.6.2 with TS notifier 1.6.0i

It doesnt work for me.

Discuss:

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-04-2024, 21:57
I am on 1.6.0h but you should be ok with 1.6.0i
Just make sure TSNotifier starts with TS
... and that you start TeamSpeak BEFORE you start CloD !

[EDIT]
... and that you have this line in yellow added to the gamesettings.ini file

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-05-2024, 09:08
Yeah. I have all that set correctly.

No dice!

Its especially annoying as I've helped loads of peole out with this in the past.

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-05-2024, 10:07
Weird...

Do you have the plugin installed and enabled too?

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-05-2024, 11:33
Weird...

Do you have the plugin installed and enabled too?

Yep. All present and correct.

It's really odd.

I've set this up countless times before !

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both TS3 and TS Notifier as well.

nothing !

The gameset.ini is all correct, the plug-in is enabled in Teamspeak.

There is nothing at all that i can think of doing. Its so weird.

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-05-2024, 12:35
Yep. All present and correct.

It's really odd.

I've set this up countless times before !

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both TS3 and TS Notifier as well.

nothing !

The gameset.ini is all correct, the plug-in is enabled in Teamspeak.

There is nothing at all that i can think of doing. Its so weird.

Go to church, ask for forgiveness for your sins and request an exorcism… I can’t think of anything else :D

Twin
Jan-05-2024, 13:07
After TeamSpeak 3 was updated to a newer version, TS notifier (Version 1.6.0 h) no longer worked for me either. I've reinstalled again the older TeamSpeak3 version (3.5.6). Now TS Notifier works again for me. I am not sure if the problem with TS Notifier was solved with newer versions, because I didn't update TeamSpeak for quite a while. Maybe worth a try.

Link for TeamSpeak 3.5.6 which I used some time ago:
https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.5.6/index.html

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-05-2024, 14:07
Thank you Twin.. I will give this a spin and report back !

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-05-2024, 14:58
nope...

i think its a Teamspeak vs TS notifier version issue.

the currebnt TS notifier doesn't seem to work with the current teamspeack.

not sure which versions do... !

Let's talk !

who is running which versioj (as of January 2024) of Teamspeak3 with what version of TS Nofitier?

answres below:

(winner gets a... i dunno.. a cool thing... )

ATAG_Noofy
Jan-06-2024, 03:12
who is running which versioj (as of January 2024) of Teamspeak3 with what version of TS Nofitier?

answres below:

56407 56408