PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am a new guy at here, Is TS necessary to join ATAG server?

ben801ben801
Feb-09-2015, 06:09
Hi I am a new guy at here, Is TS necessary to join ATAG server?
I searched forum for this afternoon, but I didn't find answer.
I did't see a rule clearly said TS is necessary or not.
after connected to ATAG server 2 times, succeedly, at third time, few minutes later, I was forced out and saw a window" ...communication to server host time out.." is this about TS?
thank in advance

I am new in COD and even new in steam, so please illuminate me

Otyg
Feb-09-2015, 06:22
No not at all. you dont have to be on TS. But! it will be way more fun and you will live longer but no one is forcing you.

Welcome and have fun :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Feb-09-2015, 06:49
Hi Ben801,

Welcome to the forum.

As Otyg says, there's no need to join TS at all. If it is lack of a mic or you just don't fancy talking you can always just join TS and listen, there's no pressure to speak up.

Cheers,

Septic.

ben801ben801
Feb-09-2015, 07:35
Hi Ben801,

Welcome to the forum.

As Otyg says, there's no need to join TS at all. If it is lack of a mic or you just don't fancy talking you can always just join TS and listen, there's no pressure to speak up.

Cheers,

Septic.

Thank you all for your responds
minutes before, I installed TS and find ATAG channels
I copy and paste ATAG's TS address, and connect, after I heard TS said,"channel connected", then I hear nothing but silent
then at the left side of TS window, I found lot of different channel, such as ATAG Allied force.... Axie force, should I click one of them to listen?
any password needed to listen?
thanks
can hardly wait to join COD war

ben801ben801
Feb-09-2015, 07:43
am I right?

First, start TS ?
Second, find and connect to ATAG channel ? ( till now, don't know how to choose one of ATAG channel, and is that necessary to choose one?)
Third, start steam COD and join ATAG server ?

ATAG_Septic
Feb-09-2015, 07:43
Thank you all for your responds
minutes before, I installed TS and find ATAG channels
I copy and paste ATAG's TS address, and connect, but I hear TS said,"channel connected", then I hear nothing but silent
then at the left side of TS window, I found lot of different channel, such as ATAG Allied force.... Axie force, should I click one of them to listen?
any password needed to listen?
thanks
can hardly wait to join COD war

Most of the channels are public and require no password, you can join or use any, you don't need to be playing Cliffs of Dover, there are channels for many games and squadrons. So click on the channel that suits your needs.

If you are flying Axis then don't be in the Allied channel or vise versa of course.

Septic.

Septic.

ben801ben801
Feb-09-2015, 08:40
First, start TS ?
Second, find and connect to ATAG channel ? ( choose one in ATAG Axis force)
Third, start steam COD and join one ATAG server which has more than 10 pilot in server, 6 in Axis.

but I still hear nothing
what step was missed?
:doh:

ATAG_Septic
Feb-09-2015, 08:46
First, start TS ?
Second, find and connect to ATAG channel ? ( choose one in ATAG Axis force)
Third, start steam COD and join one ATAG server which has more than 10 pilot in server, 6 in Axis.

but I still hear nothing
what step was missed?
:doh:

The Axis Team Speak channel is empty just now, it is a quiet time of day for the server. I have joined the Ready Room, which is the one you join when you start Team Speak, if you can join again we can test.

Septic.

ATAG_Septic
Feb-09-2015, 08:57
If you have just tried to join, TS is showing that you have no speakers selected. TS will use your default but you may need to select your head-set from TS settings>options.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-09-2015, 09:13
And FYI, the "Communications Time Out" is a message when your game looses conectivity with the server.
It can be many reasons but the most common are:
1.- The mission was over and the server restarted. You need to connect again to the new mission.
2.- Steam had an issue and everyone was disconnected from the server. If using TS you will know when this is the case as everyone will complain :D.
3.- Your internet has/had issues. If your internet goes down for a few seconds, you might get disconnected from the server.

Baffin
Feb-09-2015, 09:23
And FYI, the "Communications Time Out" is a message when your game looses conectivity with the server.
1.- The mission was over and the server restarted. You need to connect again to the new mission.
2.- Steam had an issue and everyone was disconnected from the server. If using TS you will know when this is the case as everyone will complain :D.
3.- Your internet has/had issues. If your internet goes down for a few seconds, you might get disconnected from the server.

Include router condition on this list. A free firmware update from Cisco on my wireless router solved the problem on my system.

ben801ben801
Feb-11-2015, 03:15
If you have just tried to join, TS is showing that you have no speakers selected. TS will use your default but you may need to select your head-set from TS settings>options.

yes , right now my headset jack on PC is failed to work, so I won't use headset for a few days, before I repair PC.

usurally, I plug a stereo speaker set to my PC speaker jack while microphone jack is vacant.
set like this, normally, can I hear through my speakers? instead of head-set?
or I can only hear through headset?
sorry I am new to multiplayer role.
I'll try and learn the TS setting/ options

Appreciate!!

ben801ben801
Feb-11-2015, 03:17

en
I thought I was kicked out due to TS communication, now I can take a deep breathe.
Thank you

5./JG26_Peete
Feb-11-2015, 04:11
Vind the bleu balls.. every bleu bal is a person.!! When you or others speak bleuball geths lightbleu.. !! You cannrun litle test program in team speak.. !!! You wil hear us on box..to !!

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-11-2015, 10:03
Welcome to the community and forums ben801ben801....~S~

Some folks use different programs for communication ingame...I use Skype now and then....If you are on the popular ATAG TS channel for CLOD you will benefit from a lot of information ingame such as where the enemy is spotted...who's in trouble and if there is an enemy on someones 6...But its not essential to be on comms...but as is already said..you will live longer with friendlies telling you stuff

Anyway....

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

ben801ben801
Feb-11-2015, 21:12
Welcome to the community and forums ben801ben801....~S~

Some folks use different programs for communication ingame...I use Skype now and then....If you are on the popular ATAG TS channel for CLOD you will benefit from a lot of information ingame such as where the enemy is spotted...who's in trouble and if there is an enemy on someones 6...But its not essential to be on comms...but as is already said..you will live longer with friendlies telling you stuff

Anyway....

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

HI Thanks alot
Acctually, after I joined this forum, the first thread I read is beginners guide. :thumbsup: I'll read again.

and another question BTW, I am going to pay for a second hand G940 stick set on E store today.
before I pay for that, could you give me some advise on G940 compared with FFB2?
I have one FFB2 and I planed to buy second one as backup, but changed my plan to a G940 after I read your thread and know none of your FFB2 broken till now, HAHA.

InvaderZim
Feb-13-2015, 15:06
Just like peete said. I will add that when for example, you get to the step where you click on Axis, You should see the blue circles with names next to them. Your name should also appear with a Blue ball "or" an Icon showing you have no mike or sound. You will know it when you see it. If there is no blue circle or icons or you see only your name, the channel is empty (no players at the moment). Although it is rare to have nobody on TS.

ben801ben801
Feb-14-2015, 00:03
Just like peete said. I will add that when for example, you get to the step where you click on Axis, You should see the blue circles with names next to them. Your name should also appear with a Blue ball "or" an Icon showing you have no mike or sound. You will know it when you see it. If there is no blue circle or icons or you see only your name, the channel is empty (no players at the moment). Although it is rare to have nobody on TS.

Thank you for explaination from you :thumbsup:!
It is helpful!
I can hear them now.
I am trying to find a TS manual and learn.
if there is any manual, please let me know
thanks

ElGringo
Feb-14-2015, 09:20
You might find will find some useful stuff here
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=tutorials

ben801ben801
Feb-17-2015, 02:58
You might find will find some useful stuff here
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=tutorials

Thanks for respond!!