PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ATAG_Septic
May-12-2012, 11:26
Hi Chaps,

I posted this (below) at 1c. One regrettable consequence is that I've lost my TS3 privileges again. I can't get into ATAG channel again :(

Please can some kind soul do the necessary again for me?

Cheers,

Septic.

My PC was working so well I decided to fix it, will I never learn? Anyway, it eventually, inevitably, led to a format and clean install.

My reinstall has not yet included the beta Nvidia drivers (301.34), which I thought were the reason the profile editor found launcher.exe rather than naming it WRC2010 on my system. With the clean system and official release drivers it now sees launcher and keeps the correct name too.

SLI seems to work well with 1.6 here, better than 1.5, as does AA. I force alternate rendering, which results in both GPUs running at around 70% (I only use 1 GTX590 for Cliffs) and only the slightest stutter on occasion.

I used to inject FXAA before the beta Nvidia drivers but with the clean install AA is good enough on 1.6 without FXAA.

I know this is not scientific but my system had become cluttered with lots of so-called performance improving software, Beta drivers and bespoke system settings and for me a clean basic system and game installation works as well if not better than with all the game and system tweaks.

Cheers,

Septic.

ATAG_Colander
May-12-2012, 11:49
You got admin again.

ATAG_Septic
May-12-2012, 12:46
Thanks Colander Old Bean :)