PDA

View Full Version : Neewbie question

Chesh49
Feb-18-2015, 04:14
Hi,

Am I doing something wrong or maybe/probably missed something but on all the single pilot quickie missions I always find myself with the engine already running :( I really want to learn/practice all the start up & taxi processes. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

jester_
Feb-18-2015, 04:22
I believe the only way to do a ramp start is either in one of the campaigns, or make a mission where you start from the ramp. Using the Mission Builder is pretty simple, and there are some great guides out there on the basics of the FMB.

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-18-2015, 09:31
Or online....I know in the server you have to start from scatch...Not sure about single player as I don't play it...

Man, you gotta get in the online server...its great fun!!...and mission based too

Baffin
Feb-18-2015, 09:53
In the "Cross Country" Quick mission, from takeoff position on a grass runway, you may shut engines down, reconfigure, then start from scratch. I frequently use it for controls troubleshooting. After a landing, you may get the "Press Escape to End Mission" message but I think you can ignore it and press on.

Caution! Your parking brake will be ON when you spawn. Activate the brakes to release them or you will experience one less than sporty takeoff! :hpyflying: Assign and activate a wheel chock controller/key to hold you still during your preflight.

DoubleStandards
Feb-18-2015, 10:16
Hello Chesh49 and welcome to the forums.

I wouldn't bother with off line practice. Jump on TeamSpeak and into the ATAG server. There are a lot of people more than willing to help get you up and running.
Lewis should be along soon with a very useful welcome :thumbsup:

He beat me to it

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-18-2015, 12:08
He's already been there DS.....hehe..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15416&p=169592#post169592

SlowerBanterSir
Feb-18-2015, 13:44
As Fidget said, "Cross country" allows you to spawn at an airfield, albeit with the engine running. It's easy to turn it all off and start from scratch.

Based on your intro post and your Wellington signature, it seems you're interested in bombers (good to see it!). Not sure if you've flown bombing runs yet -- but if you haven't, be sure to ask here for some basic advice. I had trouble getting the bombs loaded and ensuring they were ready to go when I first started with Blennies, and in my first few single-player tests I actually had an empty bomb bay without realizing it.

And as Lewis said: definitely get online if you haven't. I read up on Blennies before flying them, but nothing helped as much as a couple hours of in-person advice on Teamspeak. :thumbsup:

InvaderZim
Feb-18-2015, 14:59
Or online....I know in the server you have to start from scatch...Not sure about single player as I don't play it...

Man, you gotta get in the online server...its great fun!!...and mission based too

+1. Please! Only way to go!:thumbsup:

XE9O
Feb-18-2015, 22:14

I agree Lewis

Chesh49
Feb-19-2015, 02:22
Thanks for all the info & suggestions guys. It is my intention to get on the server asap....have just got a Medusa NX 5.1 headset & am awaiting the arrival of a new 5.1 soundcard :) In the mean time I've been watching Phil Styles tutorial vids on the FMB as per Jester's suggestion. I'm nearly there with a basic mission to let me get some practice in.......I'd hate to start crashing into you pros or shoot you down by mistake :doh:

Cheers,

Chesh