PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Joystick and some keys stopped working

\Hawk/
Feb-21-2015, 10:13
Hi guys

Exasperated here.

My joystick and some keys has stopped working in CLOD.

Also my onscreen controls are now at the bottom?

Not sure what happened.

I tried to set set steam settings to not sync and thought that is what caused the prob after using loadout tool v2.1.

:stunned:

Bader

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-21-2015, 12:01
It helps to know which joystick is it (brand and model) and what windows version you have, etc.

Also, explaining in more detail what happened to give us a clue of whats going on.

\Hawk/
Feb-21-2015, 13:49
I think it was a Steam cloud sync issue

I deselected the sync option and that's when i lost all my joystick settings.

Not sure if i have a backup somewhere.

I just have to map all my keys again.

Imagine my shock when i couldn't even start my plane on the ATAG server.

For the record I have a Logitech Wingman Force 3D.
Windows 7

Tx for the reply.
I keep extolling the virtues of the ATAG community.
A bitter sweet moment was when I tried to log on to the Server to play a game and couldn't becaus the server was maxed with players.
Glad the members are going strong.
CLOD is a keeper!

1lokos
Feb-21-2015, 13:59
Guys,

Is obligatory have STEAM running for start CLOD.

But is not obligatory start CLOD inside STEAM

Make a shortcut for Launcher.exe for start CloD outside STEAM (leave this open minimized) and these things never happen.

JG27-Gaidin
Feb-21-2015, 14:59
Howdy Hawk,

I, too, have learned, the hardway, to leave the check in "synch". There is another folder in "Steam" that has another .ini file. I'll run it down, when I get home from work, if you need it's location. Just let me know.

Gaidin

5./JG26_Peete
Feb-21-2015, 15:33
Set steam to NO update to Clod.. else you will loose settings every time steam updates.!! Since I did set the setting to no update clod I never had probs again. !! Greet Peete

\Hawk/
Feb-21-2015, 17:54
Thanks guys!!!

En Dankie Peete

JG27-Gaidin
Feb-21-2015, 18:46
Salute Hawk,

The folder that contains the other .ini file is in Steam-> Userdate. You'll find a folder with some numbers on it, click on it, you'll then see some more with numbers (I assume the numbered folders are different for every system. My is numbered 63590). Keep checking the "remote" folder inside the "numbered" folders until you see the .ini file.

Gaidin

\Hawk/
Feb-22-2015, 06:16
Salute Hawk,

The folder that contains the other .ini file is in Steam-> Userdate. You'll find a folder with some numbers on it, click on it, you'll then see some more with numbers (I assume the numbered folders are different for every system. My is numbered 63590). Keep checking the "remote" folder inside the "numbered" folders until you see the .ini file.

Gaidin

Thanks Gaidin

Feel Better armed for the great gig in the sky:salute: