PDA

View Full Version : Responding to Reddog's false statements

ATAG_Bliss
Feb-21-2015, 13:13
I was directed to a thread on the storm of war forums where Reddog claims his scripting is used in ATAG's missions by the quote below.

http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7199#p7199)by Admin (Reddog) (http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2) ยป Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:55 pm
I know, it's bloody annoying, especially when you consider that most if not all the missions currently in the ATAG rotation have code I either wrote or helped write afaik. But, we shall soldier on.

1st off, ATAG has been running a server since the game came out. Our code is in EVERY single mission in MP. We came up with how to rotate missions, and also developed objective based mission scoring years ago. We developed the 1st despawn script, along with our own where you don't actually despawn until you have left the plane.

No code whatsoever from Reddog is used in ATAG's mission. 1st of all, if any code is needed we have the guy that's basically fixing the game in the 1st place. This same guy has created all the utilities and tools for the server, including all of those tools we have released publicly in the "utilities and tools" section of the forum. The only specific code of Reddog's I remember seeing was in a mission he sent us that tried to despawn AI (which didn't work in the 1st place). The rest of the code in that mission came from the script I gave him in the 1st place from an ATAG mission.

Normally I wouldn't respond to something this piddly, but considering we have essentially came up with the entire script code for what EVERY single MP mission uses in the 1st place, I think it's in bad form to suggest we are using someone else's stuff. The thing is, we've slowly modified our own code and made it better. That is why other servers have despawns at weird times while ours is the only one that you can sit in your aircraft all day long without worry of it disappearing. The same can be said for why we are the only one's with Refuel and rearm, or having a GUI built right into the server with other utilities and tools.

And comments like these are the exact reason why we've stopped releasing our own work for public consumption. We've given out basically everything we've ever used to try and make the community a better place. Where are the server commanders for the other servers at? Where are their tools and utilities at for free consumption? You'll find only we've done that publicly.

Sorry for the rant, but when I see someone make such a ridiculous claim, I have to respond to it. Just thought I'd let everyone here know the truth. And to let everyone know why ATAG feels that it's not going to release anymore of it's own tools and utilities for other servers anymore. We'll consider it once another host releases 1/4 of the stuff we have for the community and for public consumption.