PDA

View Full Version : GTX-680 Preformance ??

MOHAWK
May-15-2012, 11:58
Has anybody moved from the GTX-580 1.5 gig -or- 3.0 gig card to the GTX-680 2.0gig card ? whats your honest opinion on the increase proformance ?? like maybe double FPS or only 10 or so fps / smoothness / ect .ect ... am thinking of getting the GTX- FTW-680 4.0 gig, when it comes out --but will be BIG $$-- THE 680 2.0 will come down in $$ then -- looking for best bang for the buck --with out wasting $$ --am now running the 580 1.5 and am pretty happy with it -- but there is room for improvment here ... thanks in advance to all who reply ......

ATAG_Snapper
May-15-2012, 14:14
Hi Mohawk,

I migrated from a GTX 560 Ti 1 Gig card, so I'm not really qualified to answer the question as you specified........however, when has that ever stopped me before? :bgsmile:

My thoughts: you'll see a small improvement in performance in terms of fps, but I seriously doubt you'd find it a "game-changer" for the dollars spent on the change-over. The 560 Ti is a fine card for CoD, and of course the 580 1.5 has that much more horsepower.

On ATAG I'm now running "Extra High" with only SSAO and the epilepsy filter unchecked. Via the Nvidia Performance panel I'm running "Adaptive Vsync" with good results over land, although the fps does drop into the high 20's/low 30's flying through the streets of Margate and Folkestone. Haven't been to London yet, nor have I tried missions offline with heavy clouds.

I've suffered extreme lag (60 fps ----> 1 fps :shocked: ) when attacking human-flown bomber formations or even in 6- or more a/c furballs. I believe this is a CoD coding problem that has not been acknowledged yet by the 1C devs.

The 680 card runs MUCH cooler than the 560 Ti, and quieter since the fan doesn't run as high a speed.

Personally, I'd hang onto your 580 at least until the 670 and the 680 4 gig comes out. The devs are still whacking away at the coding, so the 580 will only look better to you as the prices drop on the 6xx cards. IMHO, of course! :Grin:

335th_GRAthos
May-15-2012, 14:31
looking for best bang for the buck --with out wasting $$ --am now running the 580 1.5 and am pretty happy with it

thus, do not even bother to change GPU now!

You fly (relatively) low resolution 1920x single monitor.

Get ready for August-September 2012, then the new real high performance GPU of NV will come out.

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
May-15-2012, 14:40
Actually, I agree with Athos....although I know he's only telling you this to bug the hell outta me! :bgsmile:

MajorBorris
May-15-2012, 14:43
thus, do not even bother to change GPU now!

You fly (relatively) low resolution 1920x single monitor.

Get ready for August-September 2012, then the new real high performance GPU of NV will come out.

~S~

The gtx695 hmmm

MOHAWK
May-15-2012, 14:51
Thanks-Snapper & Grathos & Borris: Yup, Thats what i was hopeing for, that -IF-and when the Dev's get the codeing or what ever it is they need to change ( WITHOUT REDUCEING GRAPHICS) to smooth things out , Maybe the 580 1.5 gig will run CLOD-(BALLS TO THE WALL ) --- I will wait 6 months to see , then it will either be 580 runs it (Like all Get Out ) (The Cats Ass ) or the 680 4gig will be cheaper by then , or (OH SHIT ) theres a all together new card out =big $$$$ = WILL THIS CRAZYNESS NEVER END ? ( Thanks Gratho's for costing me big $$$$ for the latest and greatest ) will be for atleast 6 months anyway....................just kidding Gratho's ... Your right Borris = HMMMMM... all caps...