PDA

View Full Version : Still a noob but learning.....questions

leadhitter
Feb-23-2015, 10:57
Love the complexity of this game. Learning everyday. Couple of issues...

I know how to view the current game stats but is there an overall stat board?

I watch a ton of the YouTube clips and they've been amazingly helpful. I noticed many of these guys utilize some type of snap zoom. They can zoom in quickly and pop right back. I can't find any mapping function that resembles that. Surely I'm missing something?

Lastly, I know how to check damage by hitting ESC and viewing the info, but is there any way to do it while flying? Currently it takes me completely out of the cockpit onto another screen.

Thanks for the help

Parker

ATAG_Dave
Feb-23-2015, 11:02

I watch a ton of the YouTube clips and they've been amazingly helpful. I noticed many of these guys utilize some type of snap zoom. They can zoom in quickly and pop right back. I can't find any mapping function that makes resembles that. Surely I'm missing something?

Lastly, I know how to check damage by hitting ESC and viewing the info, but is there any way to do it while flying? Currently it takes me completely out of the cockpit onto another screen.

Thanks for the help

Parker

The 'snap zoom' you refer to is 30deg Field of view in the menu options. 'zoomed out' is 90deg Field of view. Bind each to a key / button and you are all good :thumbsup:

Brewnix
Feb-23-2015, 11:12

I watch a ton of the YouTube clips and they've been amazingly helpful. I noticed many of these guys utilize some type of snap zoom. They can zoom in quickly and pop right back. I can't find any mapping function that makes resembles that. Surely I'm missing something?

Thanks for the help

Parker

You can check your so called score but it doesn't give you what you have damaged on the enemy aircraft if just gives your score and ping and what faction your flying. If you right click in game it brings up a little window and one of the options is netstats but some how i bound it to a key and can't remember how i did that.

Vlerkies
Feb-23-2015, 11:16
Zoom

Default field of view zoom (magnification if you like) set at 30 60 and 90 degrees - good to assign to a hat switch or buttons on the stick that you can access without adjusting your hands while flying.

Smooth Zoom + and - (in and out) is found in the 'camera view options menu in the settings - this provides a smooth constant zoom function. Also very useful to have on a Hat switch or buttons on the stick as with the above.
You can also adjust the speed of this zoom in the '.ini' files of the game. Speeding up or slowing down the zoom function.

More info here on zoom speed adjustment (amphetamine level is not recommended :)
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8980

III./ZG76_Saipan
Feb-23-2015, 11:17
do a search for your name in the stats page ( top left ). reset every month or so

leadhitter
Feb-23-2015, 14:22
Thanks all.

Snuck away from the office and tried it out. The zoom works like a champ! Having this will be have a hugely beneficial impact for me.

To clarify my prior post......When I hit ESC, the resulting screen shows any damage to my a/c and reveals any damage I have inflicted. The problem this page takes me out of the cockpit completely onto another screen while my a/c is still flying. Is there another way to view it?

Thanks for all the help. These forums make the game what it is.

Parker

Vlerkies
Feb-23-2015, 14:35
To clarify my prior post......When I hit ESC, the resulting screen shows any damage to my a/c and reveals any damage I have inflicted. The problem this page takes me out of the cockpit completely onto another screen while my a/c is still flying. Is there another way to view it?

Thanks for all the help. These forums make the game what it is.

Parker

Hit 'FLY' bottom right, should get you back into your plane if it's still in game.

ATAG_Colander
Feb-23-2015, 14:36
The problem this page takes me out of the cockpit completely onto another screen while my a/c is still flying. Is there another way to view it?

Nope. The only other option is to land first. This is recommended as I've been shot more than once while looking at that screen :)

leadhitter
Feb-23-2015, 14:46
Nope. The only other option is to land first. This is recommended as I've been shot more than once while looking at that screen :)

Ahh....at least I now know I'm not missing an easier way. Thanks