PDA

View Full Version : Bf109 intruments on Android app

miaig
Feb-24-2015, 12:29
Hi,

I've created an application for exporting the BF109 instruments on Android for those who don't have an extra monitor. You can find the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mihaig.bf109 It needs an application running on the computer to send data to it. You can find here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZwJWkDPn3fdDQ5Qks3NHo2Nms/view?pli=1

Enjoy !

Edit: The app now supports both the Spitfire and the Bf 109 for Clod and the Bf 109 and the Fw 190 for DCS

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-24-2015, 12:38
Wow, very cool. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

III./ZG76_Keller
Feb-24-2015, 12:41
Wow, fantastic! How hard would it be to do for other planes? Say the 110? wink wink

miaig
Feb-24-2015, 13:13
Wow, fantastic! How hard would it be to do for other planes? Say the 110? wink wink

I think at least some of the common controls will work with the 110 too. I never played with the 110 so I am not really sure. My next priority is to make the app work for DCS too, and maybe afterwards I will look into the 110 or any other CLOD plane.

Roblex
Feb-25-2015, 04:08
A spit would be fantastic if you ever get that far. I have tried using Virtual Cockpit and Air Display together but for some reason Air Display often fails to connect, basically it sometimes works once but wont work again until you reboot. Others have no trouble with Air Display but it would be cool if your app worked without any problems.

miaig
Feb-25-2015, 04:18
A spit would be fantastic if you ever get that far. I have tried using Virtual Cockpit and Air Display together but for some reason Air Display often fails to connect, basically it sometimes works once but wont work again until you reboot. Others have no trouble with Air Display but it would be cool if your app worked without any problems.

I tried AirDisplay but I have a Nexus 10, and since it's got a 2560x1600 resolution, the refresh over wifi is very slow. That's why I created this app. I will probably create one for the Spit too, but first I want to get this one working for the Dcs version of the Bf 109 and the FW 190. It should not take long but time is scarce...

Otyg
Feb-25-2015, 06:50
Awesome work! and im stuck on a http://images.smh.com.au/2014/01/28/5111400/th-bad-apple.jpg

miaig
Feb-26-2015, 02:34
Awesome work! and im stuck on a ...
Thanks. Unfortunately there will be no IPad version since I don't own one and I don't know Objective-C.

Otyg
Feb-26-2015, 11:52
Thanks. Unfortunately there will be no IPad version since I don't own one and I don't know Objective-C.

No worries mate. I can always get a used android tablet for change if I feel the urge :). Hmm I'm of to check some secondhand sites.

ATAG_Flare
Feb-26-2015, 12:19
Wow if you can get a spit/hurri (you can probably use the same panel for both) before I get back from holidays at the end of March it'd be a dream come true. I've had no luck at all getting instruments to work on my Nexus 7 and this looks amazing.

Flare

PS this should be a stickied thread!

miaig
Mar-05-2015, 13:18
I found a bug in the application where if you start it and then close it, it will stop receiving data. The quick fix for that is to kill the application and restart it. I will be pushing a real fix soon, probably by tomorrow.

miaig
Mar-06-2015, 13:57
I found a bug in the application where if you start it and then close it, it will stop receiving data. The quick fix for that is to kill the application and restart it. I will be pushing a real fix soon, probably by tomorrow.

Update is out, let me know if you have problems.

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-06-2015, 14:27
Salute, Miaig!

This App is too Cool!! I really love being able to see the dials up close like this!! Ths only down side I see is; now I'm not looking at the cockpit for my inputs. Being able to see the water temps is worth it thought.

Question:
How does the app get it's info? All the dials, expect one, seem to be spot on. The only one that seems to be off is the Water Rad. The ingame visuals (the rad positioner on the wing, and handle postion) show the water rad at 75% but the app shows it at 58%. Is there a way to fine tune that or is it something that's reported by the game?

Again, excellent App!! Looks superb on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1! Nice Friggin' Work!!

Gaidin

miaig
Mar-06-2015, 21:47
How does the app get it's info? All the dials, expect one, seem to be spot on. The only one that seems to be off is the Water Rad. The ingame visuals (the rad positioner on the wing, and handle postion) show the water rad at 75% but the app shows it at 58%. Is there a way to fine tune that or is it something that's reported by the game?

Hi Gaidin,

I am glad you like the app.
First of all, I assume you are talking about the the WRAD, blue slider control (see bellow)

The desktop application is reading the CLODDeviceLink file and sends the data as json. The parameter for that slider is specified by this line in the config.ini:
Water=A_EngineWaterRadiator,0
where "water" is the name that will be given to the value and should be kept as it is, and "A_EngineWaterRadiator" and 0 are forming the address from where to read the data (See this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887).

Now, the strange part is that Water is given by A_EngineWaterRadiator,0 and Oil is given by C_OilRadiator,0. Looking at the raw data from the CLODDeviceLink file I see there are no values for A_EngineOilRadiator and C_WaterRadiator. I don't know why that is, but that's how Virtual Cockpit does it too. I checked my application against the Virtual Cockpit and they seem in sync.

What I see in the game is that the water radiator value is decreasing when the right side crank is moved. I don't know if that's the correct crank though and I also don't know where the rad positioner on the wing that you are referring to is. Other than that, I've seen that the in game control that is supposed to show the same thing doesn't really work as it should, the oil is fine, but the water one has only three positions, top, middle, and bottom, and it only seems to show the direction the crank is going.

I hope this answer helps you, or maybe someone who knows more about the airplane can chime in.

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-07-2015, 11:20
Hi Gaidin,

I am glad you like the app.
First of all, I assume you are talking about the the WRAD, blue slider control (see bellow)

The desktop application is reading the CLODDeviceLink file and sends the data as json. The parameter for that slider is specified by this line in the config.ini:
where "water" is the name that will be given to the value and should be kept as it is, and "A_EngineWaterRadiator" and 0 are forming the address from where to read the data (See this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887).

Now, the strange part is that Water is given by A_EngineWaterRadiator,0 and Oil is given by C_OilRadiator,0. Looking at the raw data from the CLODDeviceLink file I see there are no values for A_EngineOilRadiator and C_WaterRadiator. I don't know why that is, but that's how Virtual Cockpit does it too. I checked my application against the Virtual Cockpit and they seem in sync.

What I see in the game is that the water radiator value is decreasing when the right side crank is moved. I don't know if that's the correct crank though and I also don't know where the rad positioner on the wing that you are referring to is. Other than that, I've seen that the in game control that is supposed to show the same thing doesn't really work as it should, the oil is fine, but the water one has only three positions, top, middle, and bottom, and it only seems to show the direction the crank is going.

I hope this answer helps you, or maybe someone who knows more about the airplane can chime in.

Howdy Miaig,

The Wing positioner, I'm talking about, can be seen by closing the water rad, all the way, and looking at the Wing root, on either side. You will notice a "pin" with rad settings on it. When this indicator is on 3/4, the app reads 58%. It's not that big of a deal as I've gotten used to the app's indication. As far as the crank; I just know what it's position is for 3/4 open. I was just wondering if there was a way of coordinating their respective indicators.

Thanks again for a great App!

P.S.
As a further note; the wife is giving me the "eye" over the prospects of losing her tablet on game nights.

Salute,
Gaidin

1lokos
Mar-07-2015, 14:49
For Bf 109 (E3) CloD export data for A.EngineWaterRadiator.1 * in 0-1,00 format.

In (Windows) VirtualCockpit, the 50% correspond to ~1,25 water radiator crank turns (that turn 2,5 times), but the pin in wing show more than 1/2, around 60%.

BTW - The pin in wing monitors the radiator closure. If you dont see the pin the radiator is full open.

http://s3.postimg.org/4mf3a3ngf/rad.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4mf3a3ngf/)

Conclusion, the wing indicator is uncalibrated by -20%. :D

* This 1 is parameter of sub type and varies from 0 to 9 depends on function or plane.

For oil radiator slider is used C_OilRadiator.1;

miaig
Mar-07-2015, 22:01
Gaidin, 1lokos,

If I understood correctly, this means that the app works as it should and the wing indicator is made so it's a bit off.

LBR=F.Stigler
Mar-08-2015, 08:02
S!

miaig, fantastic apps congratulations for the initiative.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Installed apps on my tablet, downloaded the file in config.in il2-stumovick cliffs of dover folder and changed the IP as indicated by the tablet, but the application does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

sorry for my english I'm using google translator

<O_

1lokos
Mar-08-2015, 10:58
Gaidin, 1lokos,

If I understood correctly, this means that the app works as it should and the wing indicator is made so it's a bit off.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

The pin in wing disappears when radiator is open, he should be placed a bit upper. See here:

http://s13.postimg.org/h5689vct3/rad2.jpg

Look at Blenheim flaps and radiator knobs, or prop pitch knobs, they are a bit off too. "It's CloD". :D

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-08-2015, 12:04
S!

miaig, fantastic apps congratulations for the initiative.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Installed apps on my tablet, downloaded the file in config.in il2-stumovick cliffs of dover folder and changed the IP as indicated by the tablet, but the application does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

sorry for my english I'm using google translator

<O_

Silly Question, Stigler;

Did you launch the app on your computer? You have to launch it on your computer so it will send the data.

Salute,
Gaidin

1lokos
Mar-08-2015, 12:26
Similar thing happen to my.

Start the App on smartphone, see the IP (192.168.1.3), close.

Edit the ClodDataLink Conf.ini file

Launch the ClodDataLink. exe

Launch CloD - start a Bf 109 QM

See in ClodDataLink log the actual adjust for in game throttle (63%).

Start the App on smartphone, but the instruments don't show the readings...

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-08-2015, 13:51

Is this what's happening to you? Miaig put out an update for this problem, maybe you need the newer version.

Gaidin

miaig
Mar-08-2015, 16:31
For everybody that's been having problems and they have the latest version (the latest version has a "SHOW IP" option in the action bar), please download this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jca.udpsendreceive&hl=en
Next, choose "receive only" for the mode, change the "local port" to 6001 and click on "start listening". If ClodDataLine.exe is started (doesn't matter if the game itself is started or not), you will see something like this scrolling fast in the response window:
{"OilPress":-100000.00, "Throttle":-100000.00, "Mixture":-100000.00, "Slip":-100000.00, "OilTemp":-100000.00, "RightMG":-100000.00, "RightCannon":-100000.00, "Fuel":-100000.00, "Water":-100000.00, "Oil":-100000.00, "Velocity":-100000.00, "WaterTemp":-100000.00, "RPM":-100000.00, "Compass":-100000.00, "LeftMG":-100000.00, "LeftCannon":-100000.00, "FuelPress":-100000.00, "Altitude":-100000.00, "Pitch":-100000.00, "Turn":-100000.00, "ManPress":-100000.00}

I've attached a screenshot to make it easier:15921

My guess would be that the problem is on the desktop side (firewall maybe?) but I could be wrong (again). Anyway, please let me know what are the results of this test.

Another thing to note is that if the application doesn't receive any data the slip/turn indicator (bottom, second from the left) will be centered, if the application is receiving data but the ClodDataLink.exe isn't connected to the game, then the slip/turn indicator will show a turn to the left and the ball to the right.

edit: One more thing to try in case the old bug is still somehow around: restart the tablet, check that your ip address is still the same (go to settings->wi-fi->advanced->ip adress), start the app and _dont_ close it and see if it works. It is important that you don't close or minimize the application after the reboot.

1lokos
Mar-08-2015, 19:18
Did the UDP test.

Data received on smartphone OK, I use shoot some cannon shells to easy monitor changes. :D

The IP is showed - in UPD and App - as 192.168.1.2, same set on Config.

The UDP log inform a IP 192.168.1.4:63915 but only receive in are used 192.168.1.2:6001 in CloDDataLink Config.

Smartphone restated, open App, dont close, open CloDDataLink on PC...

But the "ball" still on center - the instruments dont move...:doh:

miaig
Mar-08-2015, 19:54
That's a bummer. Which smartphone do you have, and which android and kernel version? (should be under settings->about tablet)

1lokos
Mar-08-2015, 22:53
Motorola Moto G Generation II - Android 5.02

miaig
Mar-09-2015, 02:23
Motorola Moto G Generation II - Android 5.02

I'm working on adding some error messages (but without making them too annoying). I'm also very close to finishing the support for the DCS version of bf109 and fw190. I will probably make an update in a day or two.

Edit: I forgot the bad news. I can not reproduce the problem. I tried running the app on a 5.0.1 android image and it seems fine. I don't have an actual device that has android 5.0 or greater unfortunately (my nexus 10 has big issues with the wi-fi on android 5.0 so I am keeping it on 4.4)

miaig
Mar-10-2015, 04:09
Ok, a new update is out (well, not just yet, it takes a few hours for Google to publish updates). It adds support for both the bf 109 and the fw 190 for DCS.

For the people that have been having problems: I've tested the app on a Nexus with Android 5.0.2 and it worked so I still don't know what the problem is :(
I've added two debug features: one is "Display test data". It will make the dials jump to a preset position. Let me know if they don't. Another feature is a "Show errors" menu option that will be checked. If you start the desktop application (ClodDataLink.exe), hopefully you will see some errors. You will only see a certain error once. You need to uncheck and then check again "Show errors" to see them again.

When exiting the application you will probably see a "read error" message. That is normal. If you don't want to see errors at all, just uncheck the "Show error" menu option and you won't see them again.

Enjoy.

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-10-2015, 10:31
Salute and Howdy Miaig,

Flew, for the first time, online, with your app; it was awesome! After getting an answer from my previous post I went on the assumption the wing indicator was wrong and used your app's water rad and temp settings. I found I could leave it in the 75% range with no I'll effects. Just the ability to be able to see the water temps gives me a warm fuzzy! WELL DONE!

As a side note wife went from giving me the "eye" to making the comment "you need to get your own". May consider it. I know the Galaxy Note 10.1 has a quad core but is it needed? What would the minimal specs, for a tablet, be to run as smooth as her Galaxy? I won't use it for anything but your app so don't want to put out the bucks for another 10.1.

Thanks,
Gaidin

invictus84
Mar-10-2015, 10:39
Tried it last night with my Galaxy Tab 4 (running Android 4.4.2)...outstanding! Once I get my second PC up to run the instruments software for my cockpit I'll probably let my son run this on my tablet. He is currently practicing with his new X55 and TrackIR 4 he got for his birthday to get ready to fly the "unfrendly" skies of ATAG! :thumbsup:

Thanks for adding the support for DCS! I'm using Helios in my cockpit right now but it doesn't support all the DCS modules as far as I can tell....this helps lot!

miaig
Mar-10-2015, 14:50
As a side note wife went from giving me the "eye" to making the comment "you need to get your own". May consider it. I know the Galaxy Note 10.1 has a quad core but is it needed? What would the minimal specs, for a tablet, be to run as smooth as her Galaxy? I won't use it for anything but your app so don't want to put out the bucks for another 10.1.

Hi Gaidin,
Sorry for creating marital problems for you :)
The application is quite cpu intensive but having four cores won't help that much since the app has only two threads, the ui and the one that's listening for network data. A way to decrease the load would be to increase the delay parameter in Config.ini (for the sending application). By default it's set to 50 milliseconds, so that's 20 frames per second. That won't help you for DCS though where the rate of data is directly linked to your framerate.

I think a much bigger concern than the cpu is the battery though. On my nexus 10 it drains quite fast, but I suppose a big culprit is the big resolution of the tablet (2560x1600).

In conclusion, I can't really recommend a tablet but I hope you will find the above info helpful.

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-10-2015, 15:00
Hi Gaidin,
Sorry for creating marital problems for you :)
The application is quite cpu intensive but having four cores won't help that much since the app has only two threads, the ui and the one that's listening for network data. A way to decrease the load would be to increase the delay parameter in Config.ini (for the sending application). By default it's set to 50 milliseconds, so that's 20 frames per second. That won't help you for DCS though where the rate of data is directly linked to your framerate.

I think a much bigger concern than the cpu is the battery though. On my nexus 10 it drains quite fast, but I suppose a big culprit is the big resolution of the tablet (2560x1600).

In conclusion, I can't really recommend a tablet but I hope you will find the above info helpful.

I guess she'll have to learn to share!

I tease, she's a good sport and highly tolerant of my addiction.

I got just over 2 hours with her tablet before the battery was beat. I'll just plug it into something next time.

Salute,
Gaidin

LBR=F.Stigler
Mar-14-2015, 10:49
S!
My Tablet is not working because there was not installed Samsung Kies in PC :doh:

So here Kies installed and the tablet went on to receive the information.

But in the App instruments remain still.

** Clicking on Display test data Slip the ball moves to the left.

Print error that is reporting on the tablet.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/Junio_Jequim/Screenshot_2015-03-13-21-09-26_zpsuwpflhaq.png (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Junio_Jequim/media/Screenshot_2015-03-13-21-09-26_zpsuwpflhaq.png.html)

<O_

miaig
Mar-16-2015, 13:25
Hi Stigler,

I see the number formatting is broken. I'm not sure, but I assume you Windows is configured to use comma as a decimal point so probably a quick fix would be for you to change that. I will however create a proper fix tonight.

Thanks for the bug report,
miaig

PS. For some reason, I didn;t get a notification for your message, although I am subscribed to this thread ....

miaig
Mar-16-2015, 22:29
For everybody who has been having problems and have their Windows with a different locale than en_US, please download the desktop application again (same address as before, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZwJWkDPn3fSzAzN3hxb2xFS2M/view?pli=1 ). Don't forget to change your IP in the config.ini file if you overwrite it.

Thanks Stilger and everybody else who helped me fix this problem.
Miaig

LBR=F.Stigler
Mar-20-2015, 20:02
S!

Updates made and App is working perfectly!

That we should thank Miaig :thumbsup:

Excuse me for the English used the google translator

<O_

miaig
Mar-20-2015, 20:15
You're welcome. I am glad it works.

I am not promising anything, but I might modify the app for the Spitfire too. I guess I need something to do so I can procrastinate on my taxes.

1lokos
Mar-21-2015, 18:54
Now work fine on smartphone Moto G II. Thank you. :thumbsup:

If you do at least a Compass and DD for Spit the British pilots will love you. :D

miaig
Mar-22-2015, 15:21
If you do at least a Compass and DD for Spit the British pilots will love you. :D

I haven't started yet, so I don't know what will be the best layout, but I'm not sure I'll do the compass. In my opinion the directional gyro is much easier to read than the British compass (and it's already done). What is DD?

1lokos
Mar-22-2015, 15:41
DD is mistype, should be DG (Directional Gyro). :D

The questions is, without P-8 Compass the DG (in British planes) is useless. DG is "brainless".

DG need be constant calibrated based on P-8 Compass reading, what is the "Achilles Heel" in Spit/Hurri, the game producers dont make
a shortcut to fast look at P-8 Compass (in il-2 BoS this was done in the right way) , so is difficult fly straight and take a look at P-8 at same time set the Course Setter scale on this
for know the actual heading and use this value to set DG.

Due this P-8 is the most important instrument on Spit/Hurri Virtual Cockpit.

If space are a issue put at least the digital reading of P-8 compass (what will make DG redundant), or better, "cheat" and make DG show the Compass reading. :thumbsup:

Other thing is the Boost Pressure gauge, the instrument in game panel (Spit/Hurri) is appropriated for the original 87 octanes Merlin powered planes since read up to 8 Lbs,
but not for 100 octanes versions (implemented after the release due the "Battle/Bonfire of the Vanities for 100 Octanes of 1c Banana's forum", so make the scale of boost
pressure gauge read at least up to 12 Lbs (seems the actual used instrument read up 16 lbs - like the one in Blenheim).

On VC (for Windows) I make in this way:

http://s29.postimg.org/lqxiuvimr/16lbs.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

The white mark is the rated pressure for 87 octanes version, if needle are above is boost in this planes. The 12 lbs mark is for 100 octanes versions.

miaig
Mar-22-2015, 16:10
If space are a issue put at least the digital reading of P-8 compass (what will make DG redundant), or better, "cheat" and make DG show the Compass reading. :thumbsup:

That's how it works right now for the 109. I'm using I_MagneticCompass, -1 as the value displayed for the in-app gyro. (it can be changed from the Config.ini file that comes with ClodDataLink.exe) and this was my intention for the Spitfire as well. It's not ideal because you have an instrument that looks like a gyro but acts like a compass but I find the gyro much easier to read in the case of Spitfire. If I'll have time I'll probably do both but make it so that only one will be displayed (clicking on it will show the other one), but that's a low priority for now.

Thanks for the on the Boost Pressure gauge.

miaig
Apr-22-2015, 23:02
I've just added support for the Spitfire. You need to re-download the ClodDataLink archive (don't forget to put back your IP) or modify the Config.ini and add the following lines:

SPitch=C_Pitch,0
SWater=C_WaterRadiator,0
SCompass=I_MagneticCompass,0

It will take a few hours until the update will be pushed on the Play store.

Enjoy,
miaig

1lokos
Apr-23-2015, 00:43
Nice work. :thumbsup:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/muMhcqy5fAW94geVHJxda6P5MSVJn8ZyirdrzTL_g1t1TTg7as K3OtQRJxfSdj4i2YM=h900-rw

But :D expand the scale of "boost pressure gauge" to 12lbs, 8lbs is useful only for Spit I (87 octanes).

miaig
Apr-23-2015, 00:53
Nice work. :thumbsup:

But :D expand the scale of "boost pressure gauge" to 12lbs, 8lbs is useful only for Spit I (87 octanes).

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

miaig
Apr-23-2015, 01:47

I've just checked all the Spitfires (including the IIa) and I can't find any that goes to 12. It is true that the IIa goes to 9 as shown when you hover the mouse over the instrument, but the scale ends at 8. Which one is the one that goes to 12?

1lokos
Apr-23-2015, 09:34
The question is, the Spit/Hurri bost pressure gauge was modeled for original versions of 87 octanes included on game release, that goes to 6,7lbs ATA in full throttle non boost and 8lbs with boost.

100 octanes versions was added latter due players pressure (vide 1c "Bananas" forum), in these, the non boost ATA goes to 8lbs and with boost to 12 lbs.

Actually the only way to know the actual ATA with boost on in these versions is leaving the mouse over the instrument and reading in the digital pop-up (a gamey solution), so model the App to became useful for 100 octanes version. :thumbsup:

OT - And curiously, seems the cockpit modeled on game release dont fit properly for any version, these yellow marks are allegedly errors.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3220814/Re:_Spitfire_modelled_is_curre#Post3220814

miaig
Apr-23-2015, 13:22
OT - And curiously, seems the cockpit modeled on game release dont fit properly for any version, these yellow marks are allegedly errors.

Ok, got it now, I'll patch the app tonight after work. I was looking at instrument in the cockpit and that's where I saw the maximum 8lbs. By the way, how do you apply boost to go to 12lbs? I mean which control allows you to do that?

miaig
Apr-23-2015, 22:26
Ok, boost is changed to maximum 12 now and the app is on Play store. I found out how to get the boost to get to 12 in game (click on the red brake near the throttle) and everything seems to be okay now. Let me know if you find any other problems.

1lokos
Apr-24-2015, 10:19
Nice. Thank you. Tested on smartphone Moto X G4, work fine for Spitfire and for Hurricane, only the Oil Radiador slider dont move, but because in this planes are fix or automatic.

http://s7.postimg.org/sevx5cmzf/Clod_Data_Link.jpg

I found out how to get the boost to get to 12 in game (click on the red brake near the throttle)

Yes, the "push the lever", "breaking the wire", "pulling the plug, "pulling the tit"... of war combat reports. :thumbsup:

LBR=F.Stigler
Apr-26-2015, 16:44
S!

Miaig, is possible in a next update insert the TRIM indicator for the 109?

<O_

Falco
Apr-27-2015, 00:33
This is very cool, thank you!

miaig
Apr-27-2015, 02:24
only the Oil Radiador slider dont move, but because in this planes are fix or automatic.

Yes, I know about that, but I was feeling to lazy to take it out.

S!
Miaig, is possible in a next update insert the TRIM indicator for the 109?
<O_
I'll look into it although I'm not sure when it will happen.

This is very cool, thank you!
You're welcome, glad you like it.

1lokos
Apr-27-2015, 11:26
Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
only the Oil Radiador slider dont move, but because in this planes are fix or automatic.

Yes, I know about that, but I was feeling to lazy to take it out.

It's fine, the Greek's used to say: "Quo abundant non nocere". :)

\Hawk/
Jun-10-2015, 12:51
Hi I am using Samsung Note 3.

I get an error message on my Note 3
Error!
Error reading data: Socket closed.

I'm desperate to get this working.

I changed my ip to the cell and still nada.

Any ideas

PS

Did download latest from playstore.

Scratch everything.

Deleted downloaded everything rebooted and woohoo!!!!

Thanks this app is awesome!

miaig
Jun-10-2015, 13:54
Hi Hawk,
I'm glad it worked out for you.

\Hawk/
Jun-10-2015, 14:54
Miaig you're a Maestro. Tx fit this app.

-MaD-
Jun-11-2015, 05:04
Thanks for this app! Great work!!!

Jhames Jhones
Oct-22-2015, 05:29
Hi,

I've created an application for exporting the BF109 instruments on Android for those who don't have an extra monitor. You can find the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mihaig.bf109 It needs an application running on the computer to send data to it. You can find here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZwJWkDPn3fdDQ5Qks3NHo2Nms/view?pli=1

Enjoy !

Edit: The app now supports both the Spitfire and the Bf 109 for Clod and the Bf 109 and the Fw 190 for DCS

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing buddy:)

Nightdare
Jan-16-2016, 10:26
Hey guys, Late to the party since I only just got a tablet

but what do you guys use to connect to a tablet? (USB? LAN?)

I used to have a (free) app that could connect via USB to my old Galaxy S2, but with using 2 screens I discarded and lost it

LBR=F.Stigler
Jan-16-2016, 10:53
S!

Hey guys, Late to the party since I only just got a tablet

but what do you guys use to connect to a tablet? (USB? LAN?)

I used to have a (free) app that could connect via USB to my old Galaxy S2, but with using 2 screens I discarded and lost it

I use most often LAN.
Only utlizo the USB tablet when the battery is low and needs recharging

<O_

Nightdare
Apr-16-2016, 15:12
Well, it seems to be working perfectly using WiFi, so I'll leave it at that

I do wish I had the skills to edit it though

as it is, the only things I really want to keep a constant eye on are RPM, Airspeed, Altitude, Water and Oil temps and Compass
on my 7" tablet, the water/oil are pretty small, and I rather loose Boost, Art. horizon, pressures and control surface displayed if I could get those gauges bigger

Dumb question:
is it possible to simply port Virtual cockpit to my Tablet?
This I CAN edit to my own specs
Though I would not know how to enable Wifi communication from the game's device link data to the tablet

TWC_Para
Aug-15-2016, 18:52
how do you install the pc exe file . I have copied the folder to my desk top but where does the executable need to be saved. and where does the config need to be saved.

1lokos
Aug-15-2016, 19:18
CLodDataLink (needed in Windows to export CloD data through WiFi) has 3 files and don't require install.

ClodDataLink.exe
Config.ini
Readme.txt

Just extract to any folder and run the ClodDataLink.exe

TWC_Para
Aug-16-2016, 13:36
These are my settings
It is working except for the compass which does not work. In a spitfire it shows a constant heading of 0. My config settings are shown below. This is an awesome app and would be even more awesome if I could get the compass to work. Thanks for putting this app together it really is great.

[Network]
IP=192.168.1.7
Port=6001
Delay=50

[Debug]
debug=false

[Devices]
Altitude=I_Altitude,-1
Velocity=I_VelocityIAS,-1
Pitch=I_Pitch,0
SPitch=C_Pitch,0
Throttle=C_Throttle,0
Mixture=C_Mix,0
SWater=C_WaterRadiator,0
Oil=C_OilRadiator,0
FuelPress=I_EngineFuelPress,0
OilPress=I_EngineOilPress,0
Fuel=I_FuelReserve,-1
LeftCannon=S_GunReserve,2
RightCannon=S_GunReserve,3
LeftMG=S_GunReserve,0
RightMG=S_GunReserve,1
Compass=I_MagneticCompass,-1
ManPress=I_EngineManPress,0
OilTemp=I_EngineOilTemp,0
RPM=I_EngineRPM,0
Turn=I_Turn,-1
Slip=I_Slip,-1
WaterTemp=I_EngineWatTemp,0

1lokos
Aug-16-2016, 13:53
These are my settings
It is working except for the compass which does not work. In a spitfire it shows a constant heading of 0.

Curious, Spit P-8 compass reading - what in App is show in Directional Gyro format due space restrictions - work for me:

https://s7.postimg.io/sevx5cmzf/Clod_Data_Link.jpg

My setting is the same:

Compass=I_MagneticCompass,-1

EDIT - The probable cause is, you are not using Spitfire CloD interface on App, but instead the Bf109 CloD - what is default of App, and use different data for compass, making became static for Spit. :D

Drag the drop down menu on right side/upper, wheres is show the IP and select the proper plane (Spit) - are options for DCS planes too.

DOWNEAST
Jun-28-2017, 18:46
Miaig and all - I need some help in getting the Android App (Spitfire) to handshake and connect data from the Clod program. First off I have no issues with the Clod program itself, I operate it single player mode multi-surround monitors with no issues at all. I have downloaded and opened the Android Instrument App in my Android 6 tablet without problem, following all the info in the above three page thread. It resides in my Win 10 downlink folder. The ClodDataLink folder file, config.ini reads as follows:
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Adding=I_MagneticCompass,Compass,-1
Adding=C_Pitch,SPitch,0
Adding=I_EngineOilTemp,OilTemp,0
Adding=C_Throttle,Throttle,0
Adding=I_EngineOilPress,OilPress,0
Adding=S_GunReserve,RightMG,1
Adding=A_EngineWaterRadiator,Water,0
Adding=I_EngineFuelPress,FuelPress,0
Adding=S_GunReserve,LeftMG,0
Adding=I_EngineManPress,ManPress,0
Adding=I_VelocityIAS,Velocity,-1
Adding=I_Turn,Turn,-1
Adding=C_OilRadiator,Oil,0
Adding=S_GunReserve,RightCannon,3
Adding=C_Mix,Mixture,0
Adding=I_EngineRPM,RPM,0
Adding=I_Altitude,Altitude,-1
Adding=S_GunReserve,LeftCannon,2
Adding=I_MagneticCompass,SCompass,0
Adding=C_WaterRadiator,SWater,0
Adding=I_EngineWatTemp,WaterTemp,0
Adding=I_Slip,Slip,-1
Adding=I_Pitch,Pitch,0
Adding=I_FuelReserve,Fuel,-1
Sending data to: 192.168.1.9 on port 6001
Sleep set to: 50
{"Compass":-100000.00, "SPitch":-100000.00, "OilTemp":-100000.00,
"Throttle":-100000.00, "OilPress":-100000.00, "RightMG":-100000.00,
"Water":-100000.00, "FuelPress":-100000.00, "LeftMG":-100000.00,
"ManPress":-100000.00, "Velocity":-100000.00, "Turn":-100000.00,
"Oil":-100000.00, "RightCannon":-100000.00, "Mixture":-100000.00,
"RPM":-100000.00, "Altitude":-100000.00, "LeftCannon":-100000.00,
"SCompass":-100000.00, "SWater":-100000.00, "WaterTemp":-100000.00,
"Slip":-100000.00, "Pitch":-100000.00, "Fuel":-100000.00}
- - - - - - - - -
My game computer with the il-2 Clod program and the Android tabled with the instrument App are both using the same network and the tablet is being powered by a USB connector between the two. However for some reason, that I cannot figure out, the above data is not reaching the Android tablet. I have not been able to make the App operate, nothing is indicated when I am flying a Spit in one of the single player missions. I have rechecked and rebooted both several times and have insured that the Tablet's IP is entered in the config.ini file (192.168.1.9).

Do I have to move this config.ini file to a different location? In the thread above it seems to indicate I do not, so I haven't moved it since it was opened. Do I have to place it in the icSoftClub folder with the other Clod config files?

Any advise to get me going with this App would be appreciated. I see most have had good luck with this App and I would like to have the same.

1lokos
Jun-29-2017, 00:29
You don't need move any conf.ini - just add the tablet IP (in BF109 Instrument App has button to show).

Here I have the folder ClodDataLink inside Documents\1C Soft Club - just for convenience (Win10/64)

Easy see if are running OK, start CloD, start a Quick Mission with Spitfire in flight, then Alt+Tab and start ClodDataLink.exe, you see that readings in their window has changed from this that you post, reflecting the data send by game - if not something is wrong.:D

DOWNEAST
Jun-29-2017, 17:38
You don't need move any conf.ini - just add the tablet IP (in BF109 Instrument App has button to show).

Here I have the folder ClodDataLink inside Documents\1C Soft Club - just for convenience (Win10/64)

Easy see if are running OK, start CloD, start a Quick Mission with Spitfire in flight, then Alt+Tab and start ClodDataLink.exe, you see that readings in their window has changed from this that you post, reflecting the data send by game - if not something is wrong.:D

1lokos - Again you have come to my aid and provided the solution. I moved ClodDataLink inside 1CSoftClub folder, Brought up a Spit IIa in Quick Mission Cross Country. Then Alt+Tab to open my file folder to execute the instrument data link file, reopened Clod and it was working. :woohoo:

Can't thank you enough, as being able to have a compass that can be seen in flight and to navigate with is essential to my the realism of flying again that I am involved in this SIM for. :thumbsup:

1lokos
Jun-29-2017, 22:48
... as being able to have a compass that can be seen in flight and to navigate with is essential to my the realism of flying again that I am involved in this SIM for. :thumbsup:

Good that work for you. :thumbsup:

I only wish that Miaig (MIA) make a version with only the compass. :D

DOWNEAST
Jun-30-2017, 09:26

I agree wholeheartedly ! Miaig Pleeeeze :kiss:

As I have expressed in this and other threads, I believe others, as myself, participate in this thread to enjoy the flying realism and skills required. For me it is the ability to relive my earlier taildragger piloting experience and master take off, maneuvering and landing a war machine 150 + MPH faster. To me navigating, and hitting waypoints and destinations spot on is a big part of this flying experience. The cockpit realism in Clod is very good, but setting the P-8 and adjusting the DG in flight is almost impossible because of the visible blocking by the stick. Other instruments in the Hurri and Spit are quite readable. I installed the Android App capability solely for the compass. Without it I eyeballed the little flying white flagged icon on the map to check my direction.

-Downeast- :grandpa

DOWNEAST
Jul-06-2017, 09:29

1lokos - It sure would be useful if in TF 4.5 and TF 5.0 customizing info windows would include a magnetic compass reading to solve this issue. Do you think this is possible to program?

The existing windows item "Tank Zero" indicates a default "Heading Zero", but doesn't seem to track anything, certainly not magnetic compass heading. I haven't been able to tell what it is for. It would be great if it tracked actual mag heading as shown by the white flagged A/C icon on the map.

1lokos
Jul-06-2017, 11:41
Well, if TF want they can add this head info in HUD (like done for tanks, in this case due their lack of instrument panel), but this is again CloD "philosophy" - be "hard" as can. :D

For me will be more appropriated if add ability to set custom snap views for cockpit parts (like is possible in DCSW and BoS), so became easy glance at compass (like in instruments) - AND ADD the "blessed" Lubber Line in compass to allow set course without rely in this dumb and ugly "HUD". :thumbsup:

DOWNEAST
Jul-06-2017, 12:08
Well, if TF want they can add this head info in HUD (like done for tanks, in this case due their lack of instrument panel), but this is again CloD "philosophy" - be "hard" as can. :D

For me will be more appropriated if add ability to set custom snap views for cockpit parts (like is possible in DCSW and BoS), so became easy glance at compass (like in instruments) - AND ADD the "blessed" Lubber Line in compass to allow set course without rely in this dumb and ugly "HUD". :thumbsup:

Yup, I understand the "philosophy", but it is selective because there is heads up windows information capably as well as head movement (tracking) way beyond that available in a real cockpit. I would just like to easily be able to set the P-8 and read the DG compass in the Clod and future ATAG SIMs in the Spit.:hpyflying:

ATAG_Laser
Oct-03-2017, 15:15
Only just found out about this app (Thanks Highseas for sending me the link)

Managed to get it running on my tablet, and I have to say it's great :thumbsup:

Only downside that I can think of, as others have said, is the lack of a compass, especially so for the spit where it is so difficult to see the normal in cockpit one

1lokos
Oct-03-2017, 15:32
Only downside that I can think of, as others have said, is the lack of a compass, especially so for the spit where it is so difficult to see the normal in cockpit one

The (SPit) compass is there, but use Directional Gyro/Indicator) display - due space restrictions for model that complicated P-8 dial, so the heading you see in App DG is the magnetic North, not subject to misalignment due G's.

ATAG_Laser
Oct-03-2017, 16:38
The (SPit) compass is there, but use Directional Gyro/Indicator) display - due space restrictions for model that complicated P-8 dial, so the heading you see in App DG is the magnetic North, not subject to misalignment due G's.

Thanks for that 1lokos.

So, if the DG on the app stays accurate (unlike the in game cockpit) then that should be ok to use :thumbsup:

Manta
Feb-20-2018, 16:18
This looks great, I am going to try it tonight.

Thank you

Manta
Feb-21-2018, 17:19
Downloaded this yesterday, wow what a great app. So easy to set up and works great

Well done

kronovan
May-30-2023, 16:32
Late to the party on this thread....but I'm wondering if there's any chance this BF 109 Instruments might get updated to support some of the newer aircraft in Desert Wings Tobruk? I've tried using the applet with the new Martlet III for both the BF 109 and Spitfire options. While data is sent via WIFI to the app running on my Androd tablet, the displayed isntrument info isn't correct.

Admittedly, I really don't enjoy having to manually adjust the compass. Having many moons ago been a national parks trail upgrade worker who had to read an old school compass and altimeter hourly, doing so in CLOD for a compass gives me no thrill...Been there done that - no longer want to do that even in a flightsim. The applet saved me the pain and I was very grateful for it. :)

karla
Nov-30-2023, 08:16
Another latecomer to Clod.
I've built a Beech Baron instrument panel, yoke, pedals radio stack and switch panel to run with MS Flight Simulator - so I ain't that thick.

Can't get Bf109Instr to work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. It runs under Android 13 ... so ... I tried to get it to run under Ubuntu 20.04 on an HP laptop and attempted developing this way:

install IL-2 Dials Server v0.63.msi on i7 PC
install and run Bluestacks Android emulator on same PC
access Multi-instance manager to create oldest Android possible (Nougat 32-bit; actually need Ice Cream Sandwich)
download Il-2 Dials Client 0.63.apk
install Dials Client in Bluestacks
run Clod on same PC
run IL-2 Dials Server on same PC
run Il-2 Dials in Bluestacks
change IP to 127.0.0.1 (and 192.168.1.XXX)
= not working
the idea was to get it working on the same PC then run it under Wine + Ubuntu on the laptop; it would have been nice.

Any ideas?

Bonditaria
Nov-30-2023, 15:40
I ain't that thick.
Any ideas?

IL2=Dials is for another game, not Cliffs of Dover... There is another software people use for Clod, "VIRTUAL COCKPIT" you will find it in this forum if you aren't too thick.

Welcome, ask here if you have any more questions! Its a great sim well worth exploring in depth.

:thumbsup:

karla
Dec-01-2023, 10:24
Thank you Bonditaria I (eventually) realised this. I've been studying the VC thread trying to find a system with server and client PC to run VC. As you know, the thread is long and detailed and many good solutions are generously published as they are developed. I've had it running OK on my PC with Clod and 3x monitors with Nvidia Surround but want the instrument panel to run separately on another cabled or wireless PC with a fourth monitor.

My options and attempts so far:

VC on single PC runs OK but really want a fourth monitor because three monitor display is preferred for simming

VC server on Clod PC with Windows Remote Desktop on second PC (https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887&p=115933&viewfull=1#post115933)
is a no-go because of the cost of Win10Home > Pro £120 Microsoft upgrade

VC server on Clod PC with AirDisplay on Apple iPad2 not available because iPad is out of date

VC server on Clod PC with suitable remote connection on Samsung Tab A8 may work - I'll spend a little time on this

VC server on Clod PC with a client laptop running a Ubuntu utility accessing VC on the Clod PC - I'll also spend a bit of time on this

(I'll probably have to post something on the VC thread and ask for help there).

You're right about Cliffs of Dover; I'm a simmer from MSFS 3.0 and CFS 1.0 and I've currently put MSFS 2020 to one side while I get more out of Clod.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-01-2023, 11:25
You mean remote like this?
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=188

karla
Dec-03-2023, 16:38
Spot on Colander, thanks.

REALVC is now installed on my Clod (v5.040) Windows 10 PC server with 3x monitors and also on a networked second PC (Q6600 mobo bolted to a 19" monitor, no mouse nor keyboard) configured to automatic REALVC start-up with Windows.

Test Modes on both PCs are working OK but a couple of problems have kept me busy all weekend:

1) Local Mode on the server PC doesn't work with "Connect error: System Error: Code: 2 The system cannot find the file specified"
- so Remote Mode (WIP) on the client PC obviously doesn't work either.
The DeviceLink.dll is missing from my SysWOW64 folder and RFC didn't fix it; so I guess this may be the problem.
Firewall changes have been made and WiFi connections are working between the PCs, though.

2) Also, I've been trying to configure REALVC to run after automatic startup without mouse or keyboard action and attempts using Batch files didn't work (SendKeys has been deprecated in Win10). I guess that suitable editing of the VirtualCockpit.ini file could select just one aircraft, one mode, one monitor and initiate F9 start - but I'm not capable.

karla
Dec-04-2023, 09:33
Remember to test REALVC whilst in cockpit. All my tests were carried out on .TRK files using external F2 views only. Once I'd clicked F1 into cockpit the system worked fine. It doesn't matter whether it's a video file or live flying - you've got to sit in the cockpit. That's sorted.

Now; how do I automatically start REALVNC on a second PC with no keyboard or mouse action? I want a fourth instruments monitor to sit in front of my three viewing monitors and just use keyboard and mouse on the server PC. I can load and start REALVC automatically with Windows startup but it defaults to no aircraft, no mode nor monitor. Looks like an VirtualCockpit.ini file edit.

A simple batch file calling up JScript and SendKeys did the job in the end see https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28120 post #6
- oh! and thanks again to everyone, another $10 in the ATAG chest from me.