PDA

View Full Version : Eagle's 3D Modelling Thread

71st_AH_Eagle
Feb-27-2015, 11:10
Hi All,

With the help of Spiritus, I have started my adventure in 3D modelling. I've learned a lot but I still have a lot to learn and I need to learn how to texture well hopefully because I'm terrible with computer aided artwork designs.

Anyways, this is my first model: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Stealth-Eagle/ControlTower.png (http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/Stealth-Eagle/media/ControlTower.png.html)

I'm going to be redoing it in the near future because I have a lot more polys to work with than what I anticipated. Current plans for modelling include another control tower and some airfield objects plus maybe something special. I'll hope to try to keep this weekly updated with models but as I am an engineering student, I can't make any promises.

If anyone has any suggestions for me to try, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Eagle

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-27-2015, 12:51

I love to see folks doing the 3D modelling...Its a step forward in the right direction when TF are asking for folks who know how to 3D model...so I have a big ~S~ to you and anyone who gives this a go...Highly commendable

71st_AH_Eagle
Feb-27-2015, 16:33

I love to see folks doing the 3D modelling...Its a step forward in the right direction when TF are asking for folks who know how to 3D model...so I have a big ~S~ to you and anyone who gives this a go...Highly commendable

Thank you very much for the support Lewis. I don't have much time to fly anymore so I want to do 3D modelling instead and hopefully I can get in Team Fusion. :D I think this will be my fourth or fifth attempt at joining Team Fusion so what's that old saying again? :)

Anyways, my goal is to mostly work on the boring stuff like buildings, airfield accessories, and other related scenery objects and leave it to the more experienced 3D to do the aircraft and the ground vehicles.

Cheers,
Eagle

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-27-2015, 16:41
Thank you very much for the support Lewis. I don't have much time to fly anymore so I want to do 3D modelling instead and hopefully I can get in Team Fusion. :D I think this will be my fourth or fifth attempt at joining Team Fusion so what's that old saying again? :)

Anyways, my goal is to mostly work on the boring stuff like buildings, airfield accessories, and other related scenery objects and leave it to the more experienced 3D to do the aircraft and the ground vehicles.

Cheers,
Eagle

There is lots of work... ;)

ATAG_Lewis
Feb-27-2015, 19:24
Rgrt Stealth.....Its also a good advert for anyone who has thought about it...

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-02-2015, 01:23
Looking forward to seeing your progress. Hope to see others start their own threads about their journey as well.

Careful, it takes over your life! :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-02-2015, 08:43
Thank you everyone for the support thus far. I hope to do weekly updates at a minimum but I can't promise anything with the demands of school. This week won't have any modelling updates because I have four exams this week plus a concert so I'll be busy but I'll try to get a general update out.

Cheers,
Eagle

71st_AH_Eagle
Mar-20-2015, 09:54
Hi all,

For today's update, I don't have any more models to present right now but hopefully next week, I'll have two models with one textured. I've been slammed with school work (I had a differential equations test yesterday). I have revised the model shown in the first post some so that it is more detailed and has more polys (236 if I am readying the right number). I also found blueprints to another model that I would like to do that is a bit more detailed than the buildings that I have been working on but that won't be for a little bit. Hopefully I'll have a bit more free time now with no tests for a little while and I'll be able to model some things.

Any suggestions for models are welcome and I will try my best to model them. Anyways, progress is going well but slow. I guess slow and steady wins the race.

Cheers,
Eagle

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-20-2015, 20:10
Keep working on this one and the model I suggested. Looking forward to your progress.

71st_AH_Eagle
Apr-10-2015, 18:18
Hi all,

So I haven't had much time to model recently due to being busy with real life but the model that I started this page with has been redone and I should be able to upload screenshots of it tonight. It hasn't had texturing added to it but that will come later. I apologize for my absence in this thread but real life comes first. I have three major tests upcoming in school plus 4 concerts for the various ensembles that I play in (and I'm not even a music major...).

Once school is done for this semester, I will get back to working on my modelling and hopefully be able to texture and finalize this model plus another model that I have blueprints for but have yet to begin modelling. The funny thing is, my semester ends on the day before VE Day so that's kind of ironic. Anyways, I apologize for all the hype that I might have stirred in some people but I really want to continue with this. One thing I must say, aerospace engineering with a music minor is tough. It's not going to get much easier for me but I will try to devote my spare time to modelling for the greater good of the flight simming community.

I greatly admire Team Fusion and their attention to detail and the work that goes on behind the scenes and I can only hope to live up to their standards. Thank you for everyone who has supported me in my journey and I want to give a big thank you to Spiritus_Mortem for starting me on this journey and helping me out so far.

Cheers,
Eagle

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-15-2015, 19:15
RL comes first. No worries and no need to apologize, just keep at it when you have the time.

:thumbsup:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-18-2015, 23:11
Back in the saddle again?

71st_AH_Eagle
Jun-22-2015, 11:57
Back in the saddle again?

Not quite yet. I just came back from a service project where I had no access to anything on a computer but I am going to try to get back into the loop of modelling. If you are available, I would like some help texturing because that I'm still at a lost with and I would like to discuss other ideas of things to model based on what I want to support Team Fusion with. Thanks for getting me started and providing help along the way.

Cheers,
Eagle

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-14-2015, 08:26
Hi All,

Just a quick small update.

I feel like I have blender fairly competently and I think I can model anything within the realms of what I set out to model. I recently completed a Nissen Hut but no screenies of it because it is untextured currently. :recon: I have sort of hit a wall right now in regards to texturing. I can do the unwrapping and create a UV map (if that term is correct) of the model but I can't texture for the life of me. I was never good at any sort of art except for music. So right now, I'm currently at a lost on where to go from here. :ind: Any suggestions are welcome and if anyone wants to become a texturing/modelling duo (looking for someone to texture for me), please PM me.

Anyways, back the modelling. I'm planning on trying to create a few more WW2 structures and create UV Maps for them but they won't be textured and that will be my goal for my next update.

Cheers,
Eagle

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-17-2015, 12:21
Learning texturing is a must, I'm still learning it and feeling through the process. Check these:

http://www.lynda.com/Textures-training-tutorials/9-0.html?previousCategory=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W07H7xeUnGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2-FfB9kRmE

Its basically a trail and error process. If you have UV unwrapping done and they are good UVs then just open those UVs in gimp or CS, and mess around. Try to make your own textures, or download textures and use those.

Again, trail and error.