PDA

View Full Version : SweetFX 2 BETA

nacy
Feb-28-2015, 04:42
"SweetFX 2" just sortir.Si someone can explain to install on Cliffs Of Dover thank you.
Le "SweetFX 2" vient de sortir.Si quelqu'un peut expliquer pour l'installer sur Cliffs Of Dover merci.
https://bit.ly/ReShadeBeta-0-15-0-SweetFX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYnEakr1xPw

HarveyKrumpet
Apr-09-2015, 17:26
I have the same issue. I've been trying to get Reshade/SweetFx 2 (beta) to work in CLoD for quite some time....no luck. As I understand, SweetFx 2 will be injected with the Reshade injector. We'll need to figure some way if we want to stay current with SweetFx.

Thanks for the help. ---- HK

HarveyKrumpet
Apr-17-2015, 17:09
Bump

hnbdgr
Apr-18-2015, 05:28
It will not work.

The only way you'll get it to run with cliffs is if you keep the KB 2670838 (aka the evil update). It installs some DX11 elements I think that enable reshade to hook up properly. Also Any of the newer versions of sweetfx 1.5 and on might cause problems for you. Like occasional stuttering. Best stick with 1.3 or try "SweetFX 1.4u Boulotaur2024's Injector with CeeJayDK's 1.4 shaders and more" from here:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/

that one has fxaa(DX10 enabled) and other cool effects and seems to run ok on my machine so far. Still the safest bet is to go with 1.3 or as someone else mentioned on here not so long ago - try injectFX, if you can find it.

:salute:

LizLemon
Apr-19-2015, 21:36
It will not work.

The only way you'll get it to run with cliffs is if you keep the KB 2670838 (aka the evil update). It installs some DX11 elements I think that enable reshade to hook up properly. Also Any of the newer versions of sweetfx 1.5 and on might cause problems for you. Like occasional stuttering. Best stick with 1.3 or try "SweetFX 1.4u Boulotaur2024's Injector with CeeJayDK's 1.4 shaders and more" from here:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/

that one has fxaa(DX10 enabled) and other cool effects and seems to run ok on my machine so far. Still the safest bet is to go with 1.3 or as someone else mentioned on here not so long ago - try injectFX, if you can find it.

:salute:

You are the one who made the posts about clod on the reshade forum, right?

On that site it sounds like you got it working?

hnbdgr
Apr-20-2015, 02:29
That's me allright! But as stated above, you have to keep the evil microsoft update enabled for ReShade to hook, which will probably cause Clod to crash down the line. So it's not ideal at all. Besides Reshade doesn't offer that many practical advantages to me.

I was really after a program that could inject DX10 FXAA, SMAA and enable DX10 triple buffering.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3528

http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/400-solved-can-t-get-reshade-hooked-with-cliffs-of-dover?limitstart=0

LizLemon
Apr-20-2015, 03:22
So you haven't tried things like hbao and tonal mapping? Because those are the things I see big potential in.

hnbdgr
Apr-20-2015, 03:26
I have to confess I have no knowledge of HBAO or tonal mapping (I assume it's different to "tone mapping" shader present since early sweetfx.) There are 2 thing that bug me about this game more than anything. 1 - crappy AA, shimmering horizons etc. 2 - smoothness of play at lower fps (hence d3doverrider which helps massively).

So if HBAO helps the game look better, I'm all for looking into it.

LizLemon
Apr-20-2015, 13:58
Yeah, there are a few sophisticated tonal mapping solutions in reshade. It is what I'm most interested in trying but I didn't have the time this weekend.

HBAO is like a better version of the ssao the game shipped with.

Also did you try the smaa in reshade/sweetfx2? It uses the depth buffer so you get much better results then normal. You could also try downsampling, which when used with fxaa or smaa should give you smooth image quality.

hnbdgr
Apr-20-2015, 16:43
Yeah, there are a few sophisticated tonal mapping solutions in reshade. It is what I'm most interested in trying but I didn't have the time this weekend.

HBAO is like a better version of the ssao the game shipped with.

Also did you try the smaa in reshade/sweetfx2? It uses the depth buffer so you get much better results then normal. You could also try downsampling, which when used with fxaa or smaa should give you smooth image quality.

Which tonemapping shaders do you mean? I usually go with tone map, curves and vibrance. Do share your setup at some point :thumbsup:

I have SSAO turned off. I could not see much difference with it turned on, but maybe I haven't been looking in the right places... I guess the question is if HBAO looks so much better and what is the performance hit. But overall my experience with these sort of things in other games puts me off it. It's broken in Il2 bos (blurry airplanes infront of clouds) and in Attila TW it causes some strange noise/shimmering on textures.

I think I used the sweetfx 2 smaa shader in a "hybrid" sweetfx compilation I made before. I was pretty happy with the results I had with my settings - mostly SMAA + FXAA+ cartoonize (on 0.2) but it turns out it was causing a strange stuttering issue for me along with CTD whenever I hit the esc key. I could cure the stutters by exiting from flight into lobby and back again but they had a habbit of beginning at the worst possible time.

So I guess the next thing for me to try is to drop the shaders in the Boulotaur's version, which so far seems to work good for me. I wish had more time for these things, but it's like 1-2 hours a week now.

EDIT: Also, I've tried DSRx2 and x1.5 on different smoothing settings but it's not as fluid on my system and 10+km spotting is much more difficult for me with it.

LizLemon
Apr-21-2015, 12:26
It should have a lot more tone mapping options. Like hpd, the watch dogs one, ect.

Hbao shouldn't give much of a performance hit. And the settings are all customizable so you should be able to find something that looks good.

LizLemon
May-01-2015, 00:14
Hey hnbdgr

I've been experimenting a bit with reshade today. I've managed to get it hooked and running with clod, the problem is it seems to be applying the shaders when the game is in menu only. I tried out the fisheye, chromatic abberation, vignetting, dof, ect basically seeing how screwed up I can make the game look. And it looks very screwed up in menu, but in game I notice no difference.

Was there some other setting you checked to get it working when actually playing?

hnbdgr
May-01-2015, 02:45
Hey hnbdgr

I've been experimenting a bit with reshade today. I've managed to get it hooked and running with clod, the problem is it seems to be applying the shaders when the game is in menu only. I tried out the fisheye, chromatic abberation, vignetting, dof, ect basically seeing how screwed up I can make the game look. And it looks very screwed up in menu, but in game I notice no difference.

Was there some other setting you checked to get it working when actually playing?

hmm.. no afaik to get reshade to work I had to install KB 2670838 - the evil update. When hooked, I remember the menu items were corrupted when mousedover and loading bar would be corrupted, but in-game it worked fine I think. Check that your reload shaders and on/off shortcuts are correct I think they default to something else in reshade...? Other then that I don't know, sorry:(