PDA

View Full Version : Can't switch for RAF to Luftwaffe

walterd
Mar-03-2015, 17:24
Hope someone can help me, I am trying to change sides form British to German, and I can't find any place where to do this, if I change the Pilot and the airplane, it doesn't save, it reverts back to RAF when I go back into the game. Thanks in advance, stay save!

DoubleStandards
Mar-03-2015, 18:17
Hey there walterd, welcome to the forums. Are you trying to play online or single player? I don't know much about single player, but Lewis has a some great info in the 'Beginner's' thread that should help you out getting set up for online play. (Hint: online is where the fun is at in Cliffs)

DS :snoopy:

ATAG_Freya
Mar-03-2015, 18:49
Hope someone can help me, I am trying to change sides form British to German, and I can't find any place where to do this, if I change the Pilot and the airplane, it doesn't save, it reverts back to RAF when I go back into the game. Thanks in advance, stay save!

If you are playing single player missions ie. the quick missions, I think you have to click the little pilot guy above the square where you change aircraft type. He should change from a 'greyed out' appearance to full color. If that makes sense.

:salute:

walterd
Mar-03-2015, 18:55
I'm playing single player, not online, I've tried changing the pilot from RAF to German and saving it, but it will not save, it reverts back to RAF.
Might be a glitch, don't know.

DoubleStandards
Mar-04-2015, 00:46
What Freya means is: when you are on the screen that show the planes that will be in the mission, you will see tiny little pilots above each plane. You need to click on the pilot, not the plane. Like Freya said, pilot wont be grayed out if you did it right. Let us know if this doesn't work.

DS :snoopy:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-04-2015, 09:17
Welcome to the community and forums walterd....~S~

I'd recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...Its a good environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player...Its also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (which always exist on the maps) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first couple weeks that you'll be able to use later as a vet..I know cos I still use them...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...It does work...so use it to your advantage...TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you are quiet....So say hi and jump in on TS...

Anyway..

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

Beginners Guide Link Here (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711)

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

walterd
Mar-05-2015, 12:24
Thanks a bunch Guys for your replies! Haven't been able to switch sides in Single Player - Campaigns yet, program will not save the changes, go figure.
I'm going to give it a try at flying online, just didn't want to make an ass out of myself, I'm proficient at flying the Spit and Hurri, this should be enough to at least give a bit of a scare to the enemy! Thanks again, be well!

5./JG26_Peete
Mar-05-2015, 14:47
Hello walterd..
You have to scroll down left side of the page. There you. Can step in a me109 or other german plane. Think it was called.. ,,free hunt"

Brewnix
Mar-07-2015, 12:10
Thanks a bunch Guys for your replies! Haven't been able to switch sides in Single Player - Campaigns yet, program will not save the changes, go figure.
I'm going to give it a try at flying online, just didn't want to make an ass out of myself, I'm proficient at flying the Spit and Hurri, this should be enough to at least give a bit of a scare to the enemy! Thanks again, be well!

Maybe this might help not for sure but when i click on the campaign button in single player at the main menu i have two options Cliffs of Dover+ RAF or Alder Angriff=German. I think that's what your need to switch to opposite side.