PDA

View Full Version : ARMA 2 DayZ mod

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-18-2012, 02:12
Another zombie mod for ARMA 2, but this one is tits.

Basically there are 30-40 servers running this Chenarus zombie mod. The game server you join keeps track of your location/gear, so when you leave the server it sends the info to a master server that keeps track of everyone's character info. This way, when you join another server, you spawn back in right where you left off.

The concept of the game is that you have to go around Chenarus looking for food/water and ammo to shoot zombies with. You can either get supplies from shooting other players or looting zombie infested villages. Though if you start shooting people, your character changes from wearing a shirt and slacks to paramilitary camo (So you're easily identified as a player killer "bandit"). There's a lot more to it than this simple description, I guess you can gather supplies to build cars and all sorts of other stuff, but it takes coordination. It's worth a try if you have ARMA 2, and it's a lot of fun in small groups.

http://www.dayzmod.com/

ATAG_Knuckles
May-18-2012, 09:01
where is ARMA 2 in Clod ?????

ChiefRedCloud
May-19-2012, 13:26
where is ARMA 2 in Clod ?????

Isn't ArmA 2 in CloD where you attack with a tank or car? :pouting:

But seriously, DayZ is only in the Alpha stage (there's that word alpha again) so be careful.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-19-2012, 13:30
:huh:

ChiefRedCloud
May-19-2012, 13:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i1prfOG91pw#!

Dutch
May-19-2012, 19:40
Sorry blokes, I lasted 1 minute and 44 secs watching that.

The 'live feeling' of the environment is excellent, but ruined as soon as the gun instantly pops up. If they could animate the raising of the gun more slowly, it'd be very immersive, but the realism of the landscape is ruined by the cartoon nature of the gun and the thumb of the bloke you're supposed to be.

Which reminds me, I still haven't finished 'Crysis'. :blush!:

Tvrdi
Jun-05-2012, 06:16
DayZ mod is awesome when you play with your buddies...but its funny how this MOD increased ARMA2 sales by 500% LOL....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

Iron front 44 will be better with future patches Im sure...

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-05-2012, 09:13
O.K. Gang I am mildly amused: mostly the guy on the coms that keeps screaming :hpyclp:

Blackdog_kt
Jun-10-2012, 02:31
I watched the entire series of those vids a couple of days ago. The guy filming is one of the shack tactical members.

They've been one of the most well known tactical shooter groups (much like a flight sim squad) since operation flashpoint and they can normally be found in ArmA 2 playing complex military scenarios (it's worth it watching some of his other videos that feature stock ArmA2 content). But in this case i guess it's more fun to run around and panic with a pack of zombies at your heel :angrymob:

The videos get better as they progress, it's almost like a movie screenplay, with their group getting thinner and thinner. Plus, they are getting more cautious and organized as time goes on. Well worth a watch and i have to admit, it got me thinking of buying ArmA2 just to play the mod with a couple of friends.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-10-2012, 10:19
I actually just bought it: I certainly prefer aircraft to ground stuff, but many ATAG are playing this until Clod gets its acts together

Atreides
Jul-20-2012, 19:05
Just installed Dayz. This video I found is almost exactly like my experience until now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hIeNPkvqQ&feature=g-all-lik

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-20-2012, 19:28
Awesome video, right on the money!

Doc
Jul-21-2012, 01:10
Look familiar Keller? lol

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-21-2012, 02:39
Look familiar Keller? lol

roflmao

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-24-2012, 18:13
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/arma-2/1225522p1.html

Arma 2 Mod DayZ on "Borrowed Time" Could Become Paid Standalone Game By Christmas

By Mike Sharkey | Jul 24, 2012
Mod's creator seeks financial backers with understanding of DayZ's core.

DayZ, the Arma 2 zombie survival mod that continues to keep Bohemia Interactive's three-year-old military shooter at the top of the Steam sales charts, is living on "borrowed time." Those are the words of designer Dean Hall, who says he won't be able to dedicate the time and effort needed to accommodate DayZ's nearly 1-million strong and growing community for much longer. In order to survive, it must evolve into a paid, standalone game, something Hall says he believes can happen within the next few months.

In an interview with VG247, Hall said he is working to reach an agreement with Bohemia Interactive and has already received offers of investment to help make DayZ a standalone. But the clock is ticking.

"We're really on borrowed time," Hall told VG247. "I want to see it become a standalone game, following the Minecraft model of a low price point, but that will only work if we say that everyone is going to pay, and in order for people to not feel ripped off we need to have a load of new content; so, things like base-building, tidying and cleaning up animations and add rag-doll physics and the like."

Hall said that, with financial backing, he could add the required elements and make the DayZ transition in a few months and "certainly before Christmas." And his head appears to be in the right place about the entire thing. Hall said that investment offers he has received up to this point have been based on DayZ's huge player numbers and not an understanding of what makes the mod so special. In other words, Hall isn't selling out, and that's great news for DayZ fans that hope to see the mod not just survive, but evolve and grow.