PDA

View Full Version : conection lost: timeout

kanishka
May-18-2012, 15:18
Hi, first of all thanks for the great server and missions.
im being disconnected regularly from the server with the message " connection lost timeout" anyone else is having the same problem?, anyone know the reason of this probelm? its a bug? its a kik?
S!

ATAG_Colander
May-18-2012, 15:28
Hi Kanishka,

First of all, welcome to the ATAG forum.
The connection Time Out can be caused by a couple of things that I can think of...
1.- You are connecting when the mission is about to end. When this happens, the server is restarted and all connections are closed.

2.- Your internet is having sporadic "hiccups". This can be caused, for example, on a WiFi connection when there is interference from electrical cabling, neighbors WiFi etc...

Normally, we do not kick people from the server unless there is a good reason to do so. In any case, we would warn the player before doing so.

~S~
ATAG_Colander

Doc
May-18-2012, 15:28
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Can you load TS? There are people in there that should be able to give you an answer if the server is down in 2 seconds. Lots faster than filling out this and waiting on an answer. :)

I don't think anyone has been kicked from the server since last year mate.

III./ZG76_Keller
May-18-2012, 18:17
Teamspeak can also help diagnose your problem; if you disconnect from TS and the game at the same time you know it's an internet connection problem.

Oh yeah, welcome! :Grin:

ATAG_Deacon
May-18-2012, 19:31
I was having a similar issue and posted a question to Steam support:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the contents of this folder except:

The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black and white Steam icon)

Restart your computer.

Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue persists, view the following article for further troubleshooting:

Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493

Please follow all suggestions in this article, even if your network appears to be functioning correctly.

Hope this helps.

kanishka
May-19-2012, 12:28
Thanks for the replies!, i was on ts but i didnt want to disturb the guys that were flying, nex time i will :Grin: .
thetime i was disconnected i was only disconected from clod, ts 10/10. and my internet is stable, i dont think that its a connection issue.
thanks for the steam guide, i will do that and report back if i got the timeout again.

S! see you :thumbsup:

edit: i deleted steam, open ports and stop recording online tracks (this seems to have been the problem) and it seem to be fixed. thanks for your help gents!