PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys I'm chair1

Chair1
May-23-2012, 20:16
I am probable a lot older than most of you at 67 years. But I still think like a kid when it comes to this game.

I have been married for 45 years and should be retired but if I did retire I wouldn't know what to do
I was in the US Navy for over 4 years during the Vietnam time. I was an Electronics Tech and repaired radar as well as communication equipment. I had 2 1/2 years of sea duty and all spent in west pack .

When I got out of the Navy I worked at several occupations. Electronics , Real Estate Salesman, Service Stations while going to night school,And the after moving across the US twice I settled in Northern California and repaired cars . After 15 years of working for some one else I opened my who shop and ran it for another 19 years. And now I work for the government Now if that isn't confusing tail and it is all true.

For a little over 10 years my wife and I ran a 6 dog sled team in the mountains on snow mobile trails and some at dog sled meets . We didn't have a competition team. We thought of them as our friends and we all just went to have fun. And pulling and running was their greatest joy. Now is the hard part as we watch them grow old and leave us one by one.

I really love COD because it is about as close as I'll get to real life flying. Many years ago when I was about 15 years old I took flying lesson in a Piper Cub. I was ready to solo but the winter season was starting and my instructor spent the winter in a different state. The next summer he didn't return and I never was able to complete my instruction . At that time I lived in a very small farming community in the mid west an pilots with instructor licenses were few and far between. So now some 50 years later I enjoy some of the joy of flight here on ATAG.

Well I better shut up now because I'm sure your bored if you made it this far. :whacky:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-23-2012, 20:52
Chair: actually I appreciate that info, I enjoy knowing a little about someone. Hey and look !! someones older than me, Just turned 60. :bgsmile:

I'll se ya on comms actually I wont see you but talk to you :shocked:

ATAG_Snapper
May-23-2012, 21:15
Thanks for this intro, chair1, it was fascinating reading. Since my wife and daughter are Yanks (I get out-voted a LOT in this household LOL) -- thank you for the service you have given for your country. Servicemen are especially appreciated and honoured here.

What stories you must have gathered from all over! I'm just a young shaver at 58 years old, so I'll be sure to help your feeble bones into the cockpit as you may require! :runaway::hiding:

Good to have you on the forum, chair1!

Snapper :thumbsup:

Doc
May-23-2012, 21:39
Hi chair1!

Welcome to the forums. Hope to meet you on comms and fly with you!

:welcome!:

Old_Canuck
May-24-2012, 02:26
Hi Chair. Welcome aboard young feller :hpyclp:

ATAG_Septic
May-24-2012, 05:28
Hi Chair1

I believe there's a book in there, what an interesting life. I was just getting into your biography when it stopped. It suggests a full and rewarding life and forty-five years married is a wonderful achievement for you both.

I'm grateful for your age disclosure, it encourages my behaving like a rebellious youth and makes me young at fifty-two, thanks old chap!

Septic.

ChiefRedCloud
May-24-2012, 12:45
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4378/willeywelcome.png

Doc
May-25-2012, 03:19
Chair it was good flying with you tonight. Sorry that spitty got by us. Enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
May-28-2012, 15:07
Hello an welcome m8

Chair1
May-28-2012, 20:58
Chair it was good flying with you tonight. Sorry that spitty got by us. Enjoyed it. :thumbsup:
The spit did cause my sight to go red, but I made it to a air field and made a good landing . All was well till I decided to be cool and taxi into a hanger . That is how the Spit got the credit for a kill.:bgsmile:

MajorBorris
May-29-2012, 11:33
Hey Chair, glad you are having fun with the sim!

I just went 43 myself and combat flight sims make me feel young too:Grin:

See ya in the air!

wowsers
May-31-2012, 12:35
Hi Chair

Gee wiz, your not possibly a lost twin brother are you. I'm also 67 June 27th and I was in the U.S. Navy out of pearl and was on west Pac and was in VietNam when the troops landed in 65. I was on WWII Destroyer U.S.S Taylor which is a Fletcher class ship. If I remember right we protected the I think York Town, and the newer Enterprise Carriers. Your never too old to fly and have fun.

Welcome to the 71st :thumbsup: