PDA

View Full Version : Friday, May 25, 2012. Report 3

ATAG_Septic
May-24-2012, 10:34
Hi Chaps,

TOP SECRET

The boffins over at ATAG intel report activity at yellow-slime (the boffin's code name for 1c forum).

An update is possible tomorrow (Friday 25th May).

Blacksix
"I will make update tomorrow. Official or unofficial, I don't know about it now, I'm waiting info from Ilya.
I depend on Ilya, he depends on our programmers".

Septic out.

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2012, 10:38
Thanks, Septic!

Hope springs eternal! :bgsmile:

Doc
May-24-2012, 10:49
They really need a project manager. Communication like that only leaves people over here scratching their collective heads while asking "what does that mean".

ATAG_Snapper
May-24-2012, 10:56
They really need a project manager. Communication like that only leaves people over here scratching their collective heads while asking "what does that mean".

Agree 100%.

Many, if not most, of us have either headed up projects of all kinds or participated therein. Certainly enough to recognize when the communication with customers/colleague/whatever is being handled very well or very badly. From the botched launch onwards, Cliffs of Dover has become a textbook case of how NOT to do things.

Believe me, I won't be wearing out my F5 key tomorrow! :bgsmile:

ATAG_Deacon
May-24-2012, 11:12
Agree 100%.

Believe me, I won't be wearing out my F5 key tomorrow! :bgsmile:

Thank god I will be working tomorrow...I would wear out my F5 key. :angry:

Dutch
May-24-2012, 11:43
Hmmph.

Prediction - 'We haven't got anything to tell you but we're working hard and really appreciate your patience, the mood of the team is very excited.' :angry:

ChiefRedCloud
May-24-2012, 12:42

What they need (other than other things) is a GOOD PR person. Wonder if they would hire my wife ..... she;s a darn good one ...... Just not keen on games and sims ..... :bgsmile:

Doc
May-24-2012, 12:44
I'm so in love with it. But very frustrated with it and for all of you.

It's a little embarrassing actually. Kind of numb now.

ATAG_Septic
May-25-2012, 03:33
Hi Chaps,

Report just in from our agents at yellow-slime!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacksix;

Friday, May 25, 2012. Report 3
Dear friends,

No mini patch today.

We're working along the following lines:

* Obviously, fixing all reported issues encountered during testing.
* DX9 support
* Completing all other incomplete graphics and performance improvements

We're also working through an unexpectedly large volume of reported issues with the flight model.

The next version of the patch, which will take a bit more work, will contain all of the above. We'll keep you updated.

Thank you again for your tireless efforts in helping us make the game better.

Have a great weekend!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers chaps,

Septic.

ATAG_Deacon
May-25-2012, 05:09
Thanks Septic!

ATAG_Snapper
May-25-2012, 07:36
Thanks again, Septic! :thumbsup:

I just renamed your "Heads Up" thread to "Friday, May 25, 2012 Report 3" to reflect your update today. Hope you don't mind!

Snapper

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
May-25-2012, 12:21
We're also working through an unexpectedly large volume of reported issues with the flight model.

Ok, that line takes the fucking cake. Unexpected? Do they even play test their own game?

ATAG_Septic
May-25-2012, 12:25
Ok, that line takes the fucking cake. Unexpected? Do they even play test their own game?

We try and keep it light and positive here when possible old bean. I appreciate your sentiment but people beg for news and they give us some. I see a positive in that. :)

Cheers,

Septic.

Dutch
May-25-2012, 12:33
Actually, I thought that this -

'We're also working through an unexpectedly large volume of reported issues with the flight model.'

- was the most positive aspect of the update. At least they're listening and doing something about it. Let's hope that whatever they do improves the issues for both red and blue fans. :)

Edit: Although I'm not sure about the 'tireless efforts' bit..............

ATAG_Snapper
May-25-2012, 12:54
Actually, I thought that this -

'We're also working through an unexpectedly large volume of reported issues with the flight model.'

- was the most positive aspect of the update. At least they're listening and doing something about it. Let's hope that whatever they do improves the issues for both red and blue fans. :)

Edit: Although I'm not sure about the 'tireless efforts' bit..............

+1

Over at 1C I was spitting blue biscuits about the FM's, 1C's agenda and direction, and even questioning the motives of those trying to block any FM adjustments (to the RAF fighters, mainly). Incurred the wrath of some and certainly risked making myself persona non grata at our second-favourite Forum. :Grin:

Dutch covered my six at one point and added a bit of the voice of reason (thanks, mate! :thumbsup:) since I certainly overstated my case -- deliberately, mind you. Many others have done similar, of course, and a strong case can be made that ALL flight models for both sides are pooched in one way or another.

I'm hoping that the collective outcry did indeed catch Luthier's attention specifically. All of us here are "nice guys" (especially me! modest, too. ;)) . With the latest patch and the negative effect on everyone's flight models, I really got the feeling that here "nice guys really do finish last." Hence the removal of the kid gloves over at 1C.

As Septic suggested above, let's please go easy on the FM/DM discussions here. At 1C I always tighten up when I see a response to one of my more outspoken posts; here I can relax and actually look forward to your responses to my usually highly intelligent and cutting-edge witty posts. (cough :runaway:)

There's my blather for today! :bgsmile:

Snapper

ATAG_Colander
May-25-2012, 13:27
Yeah, the FMs are wrong. Currently both spits are too fast and don't bleed enough E on turns.

I'm kidding, just in case :)

ATAG_Deacon
May-25-2012, 13:31
Yeah, the FMs are wrong. Currently both spits are too fast and don't bleed enough E on turns.

I'm kidding, just in case :)

AND THE 109 CLIMBS LIKE A MONKEY WITH IT'S ARSE ON FIRE :bgsmile:

Just kidding as well. I like the fact that there is a level of levity and calmness found here that you do not get elsewhere.