PDA

View Full Version : settings for the 88

Blue-lph
Mar-24-2015, 01:13
Hi guys,
Just wondering what the best setting for the 88 are. I take off and level out and end up with engine problems even after i reduce prop pitch and temp settings. Rads are open. What am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Hazza
Mar-24-2015, 01:35
Hi guys,
Just wondering what the best setting for the 88 are. I take off and level out and end up with engine problems even after i reduce prop pitch and temp settings. Rads are open. What am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

keep the engines between the green and amber line settings. Do you have superchargers/boost selected?

Blue-lph
Mar-24-2015, 02:35
Hi Hazza,

No supercharger. Not sure how to engage that in the 88.

Some of the guys said "prop pitch should be at 30 - 50. ..depends on how you fly." Not sure what that means either.

The weird thing is my instruments show normal readings. Ill keep tweaking.

Hazza
Mar-24-2015, 05:37
Hi Hazza,

No supercharger. Not sure how to engage that in the 88.

Some of the guys said "prop pitch should be at 30 - 50. ..depends on how you fly." Not sure what that means either.

The weird thing is my instruments show normal readings. Ill keep tweaking.

You might need to set up all of your controls. You may not have set up either your oil or air/water rads, as the JU-88 has both types. However, I'm going to assume that the issues is you have not assigned an oil rad key for both engines.
The Oil radiator open/close key function(s) can be found within IL2 Options: Controls: Aircraft: (then scroll down about half way to find the oil rad functions to assign keys).

I have attached a link to RAAFSquad as I found that they had a JU88 Tech brief compiled by II/JG53 guys! It covers all aspects of the JU-88 which helped me. Hope this helps!? Failing that try youtube as per second link.

http://www.raafsquad.com/cliffs/ju88/JU-88A-1%20Tech%20Brief.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEUCZ1-xng

regards

Haza

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-24-2015, 08:32
Do you open air and oil rads for both engines?

InvaderZim
Mar-24-2015, 18:44
Blu - Sorry you are having issues with the 88 and that your request was so quickly dismissed when we were flying last night. My apologies. I am available to help you when you see me online. Just ask me. No worries if we have to drop to another channel for a bit. We need Blue Bomber pilots BLU! :) Here is the revised Keyboard layout I use on page 3 of this thread. Program these and get hold of me. We will make sure everything is working right. PM me when you want to do the check out.

ZIM

Link to keyboard layout: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15480&page=3

III./ZG76_Saipan
Mar-24-2015, 19:44
ata 1.3, rpm under 2300....rads 100% you can fly all day. i dont go by the colour setting on the guages as those are 2-3 patches ago

Blue-lph
Mar-25-2015, 02:08
Thanks Hazza and Zim for your replies. That pdf on the 88 was very helpful.

Hey Zim, no prob, I understand when you guys get busy up there. Thanks for any assistance, yes I'll take you up on that.

By the way, I'm changing my name to Peregrine cuz 'Blue' was too confusing considering red and blue teams. And sometimes I like to fly the Blenny. You can count me in for bomber pilot.

regards

xvii-Dietrich
Mar-25-2015, 04:39
-

Blue-lph
Mar-25-2015, 20:30
Thanks guys, i truly appreciate your experience and assistance.