PDA

View Full Version : Any love for JU 88?

DB 605
Mar-25-2015, 10:56
Well, after long (half year to be exact) pause i started to play Clod again (with TF of course). Ju 88 is easily my favourite plane in this set and i'm learning all of it's systems again but what makes me almost crazy is the horrible, horrible sounds of it.
Really, it sounds like it has two VW Buggy engines instead of pair of roaring Jumos...

Anyway, checked the forums and all the TF news and found awesome news about upcoming fighters (109 F, yay!) etc. So i tought that if i ask nicely, maybe you mod masters can give us some hints about upcoming updates of JU 88, or if there is any plans to do with it...please? :)

IIRC at least new sounds are coming with 5.0?

varrattu
Mar-25-2015, 11:14
Any love for JU 88? >>> YES!

There is a number of improvement suggestions and wishes concerning the existing CloD-Ju88. Please have a look:

Team Fusion Bug Tracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf)

:salute: ~V~

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-25-2015, 11:44
A complete rebuild of sound engine is beeing made for TF 5.0. That is all the information there is about it so far. (maybe more news on friday update, who knows). Not only JU88 but all sounds for all planes is in the works. Lets hope and have faith on those who have help to "keep the dream alive" :D

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-25-2015, 11:48
December 12, 2014's update from MP has a small teaser near the end, no it's not the Ju-88 but it does show work on the sound bank.

DB 605
Mar-25-2015, 14:57
Thanks for the aswers guys :thumbsup: Just checked that short sound clip, very promising stuff. Definitely keep my faith on you TF gurus, you're already done fantastic job with this sim. :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-25-2015, 15:33
We expect to release more updates with sound work being done as the focus.

All the bombers in the game will have extensive revisions to their FM's to provide more realistic flying characteristics.

As a function of that, you can expect to see the Ju-88 show its comparative advantages.

DB 605
Mar-25-2015, 16:38
Thanks for the information, thats great news about FM and sounds! Looking forward to updates :thumbsup:

Blitzen
Mar-26-2015, 11:28
Cast your mind back a couple of years when Ubisoft was still at the helm & a Summer Russian front version was being spoken about.I remember we were going to get a 109F AND-uh an Ju-88A-4! I ( having no knowledge of computer modeling) always thought it might be pretty simple to extend & round off the wings of our existing Ju-88, but there must be something more to it,probably something to do with FM(?) In any case I have always thought our early model of the Ju-88 to look rather stunted .
On the bright side it looks as if we will get a 109F eventually and the A-4 will be showing up ( maybe) in 777's Battle of Moscow in the coming year...I do hope 777 eventually gets its game play(Sp missions 7 campaigns ,)up to the standards of CloD where I spend alot more time in SP.:salute:

DB 605
Mar-26-2015, 11:45
Yeah, A4, that's my dream...in CloD or DCS. Unfortunately there is quite lot's differences between A1 and A4, would be hard work to modders but one can dream, right? :D

Sadly i have not found BoS very appealing to me due it's "light sim" nature and some weirdness in FM's so i'm not too exicited about BoM but i'll probably buy it anyways.

Blitzen
Mar-26-2015, 12:41
Yeah, A4, that's my dream...in CloD or DCS. Unfortunately there is quite lot's differences between A1 and A4, would be hard work to modders but one can dream, right? :D

Sadly i have not found BoS very appealing to me due it's "light sim" nature and some weirdness in FM's so i'm not too exicited about BoM but i'll probably buy it anyways.

We are in agreement:thumbsup:

LizLemon
Mar-26-2015, 16:20

Yep, lots of minor differences between the two that aren't much work by themselves, but add up quick especially once you factor in dm modeling too.

buster_dee
Mar-26-2015, 18:04
I don't mean to hijack thread, but AI voice always causes freezes whenever starting. Assuming I'm not the only one having this issue, will the changes alleviate that a bit? At present, I disable AI voices, but I actually like them.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-27-2015, 02:31
We do want to add more Ju-88's, but at this point can't promise anything for TF 5.0.

JG4_Widukind
Mar-27-2015, 07:29
Hi Pilots,we found some many more Bugs.
A major problem are the control mode 22 (hopping) and the agility of Tailgunners.The Ju 88 has a huge Deathzone.A small example.

www.legendsintheirowntime.com/Content/1944/AN_G_4408_Fire.html

You can play in virtually the lower rear gunner not move high enough!

sorry for my bad engl.
look in the German Part of ATAG

DB 605
Mar-27-2015, 09:43
We do want to add more Ju-88's, but at this point can't promise anything for TF 5.0.

That is great to hear and actually something i wanted to ask but was not brave enough to do so :D

I know you guys are swamped to other things to do and everyone is asking about their favourite versions/planes for future.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-27-2015, 10:38
Don't be afraid. We always need 3d modelers and people can learn. I've only been modeling for about 6 months so its possible to pick it up, just takes effort and patience.

DB 605
Mar-28-2015, 13:13
Don't be afraid. We always need 3d modelers and people can learn. I've only been modeling for about 6 months so its possible to pick it up, just takes effort and patience.

Sure, would be great to learn and be able to help you guys but unfortunately i'm too swamped with RL things (family, painting aeroplanes at my job and most of the evenings i'm in the garage doing paintjobs to classic/hobby cars and rest of the time i'm too tired to do anything smart...) at the moment.

DB 605
Apr-04-2015, 08:43
I've shot couple of Sunderlands now with ju 88, i was toying the idea how cool it would be to have one of the zerstörer versions in game.
Ju 88 C2 should be relatively easy to do as it was basically A1 with guns in the nose and etc racks & dive brakes removed.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/zx701/ju88c.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/zx701/ju88c2.png

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/zx701/ju88c3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/zx701/ju88c4.jpg

http://www.wwiiaircraftphotos.com/LCBW5/Ju88-C2-4.jpg

Maybe one day on TF 5.? :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-04-2015, 14:57
Yes, we would like to do this for the future... unlikely for TF 5.0.

priller26
Apr-21-2015, 18:50
I really like the plane, fun to fly, somewhat of a cross between a Stuka and a Me110..

Cybermat47
Apr-21-2015, 19:00
I'd love to see the Ju-88 C-2 and A-4 in the game at some time.

TF 6.0 maybe?

xvii-Hardegen
Apr-22-2015, 03:41
Here you can find a good guide that could help you in mastering the Ju 88. ;)

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ju%2088%20technical%20brief%20pdf

( Click on the first link at the top of the page " Technical Brief Junkers 88 A-1 " )

IIJG27Rich
May-21-2015, 15:35
I've always thought Ju88s were great aeroplanes and I was stunned to see the amount of speed they got out of the late night fighter versions. Sims seem to regularly add He-111s before Ju-88s, I wish it were the other way around :salute: