PDA

View Full Version : Help or Opinions Needed

ChiefRedCloud
May-25-2012, 18:57
Look guys I've parched up (Alpha or what ever and the core Hotfix) and all seemed fine. I flew the Spit, the Hurry and the Me109 without a hitch (that I could notice). But when I went to fly the Bleny I ran into this. Checklist went fine except I still have to play with my throttle to get engines to start.

I let the engines warm up ..... I then open my radiators (I've always opened them full up after warm up and it has worked). Then I give it power to start rolling towards the take off point and it just creeeeppppssss slowly forward. Even at full throttle it only produces about 1800 rpm and creeeps forward. And I do mean creeps.

Two pilots spawned after I did and I watched as they took off (seemingly with no hinderance) as I creeeped forward like I had a boat anker hanging out my window. And yes I tapped the brake and got a "BRAKES OFF" sign.

I even backed out of the game completely and came back in without the shortcut. Still the same. What am I doing wrong? :blush!:

Catseye
May-25-2012, 20:40
Fine prop pitch for takeoff?

335th_GRAthos
May-26-2012, 08:45
fuel mixture?

Dutch
May-26-2012, 09:54
Make sure you're in fine pitch, I also think weak mixture setting improves acceleration, but you're right, the new Blen is terrible for acceleration on the ground. Maybe this is one aspect of FM they're looking at.

But if you advance throttles to full, without emergency boost with these settings, you will take off ok. Also with the new Blen, you can select about 20% flap for additional lift.

But I agree, the thing is too slow to accelerate on the ground, needing about +4 boost to even start to roll properly. Daft.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-26-2012, 10:36
Cheif: Thats not right right, there's something going on here. Its the 1800 rpm that baffles me. At full throttle, fine pitch (which is what you get when you spawn) the engines will eventually run up to about 2400. Which should be realistic. Full coarse prop is where you get the 1800. So first check the prop pitch.

I'll look for you when your on we can each spawn in one and cross check. The new Blenheim is much easier to manage

ChiefRedCloud
May-26-2012, 11:32
Haven't messed with the fuel mixture ... is it working now? As for the prop pitch I go by the sliders and I see it moveing but I start with slider all the way down and then when I get ready to move, I put it all the way UP. Still crawles. Will try again now and see.....

Ok ..... NOW I understand ....my crew are Grimlens ..... A friend of mine, DennyD came on with me today to help me one-on-one and I did not experiance any of yesterdays problems ...... Flew and bombed two ships with little or no problems ...... However I am still experiancing where I, even at full throttle am falling behind allways and my plane seems to pull to the right (I have to continuelly compinsate banking left). I relise, though I do not understand, that this has to do with trim ... perhaps both. Any tips or links to read?

ATAG_Knuckles
May-26-2012, 12:34
Just saw you on the ATAG server you were bombing ships, so I assume you got it sorted out, You weren't on coms, however I did try to contact you on chat, you were probably occupied on the ships

hope you got it worked out

ChiefRedCloud
May-26-2012, 22:12
Just saw you on the ATAG server you were bombing ships, so I assume you got it sorted out, You weren't on coms, however I did try to contact you on chat, you were probably occupied on the ships

hope you got it worked out

Hey buddy ..... yea believe it or not I was in private chat with a friend over the Bleny and he was helping me. But I took those two screen shots above and THEN saw that you had tried to contact me in chat. Sorry I missed you. I came on ATAG TS3 almost immediatly looking for you but I had obviously missed you. I dropped by Bliss and let him know I had been looking for you. Sorry again.

In truth I did nothing to change anything. I have no idea of what MY problem was but last night, except for the throttle twitch to get the engines started, it ran fine. Tonight same thing. However someone made an error of trying to fly with me (didn't catch his name) as I unwitingly tried to take on a German Flak wahtever. Of course I lost. But two lessons were learned from this ... 1) DO NOT attack these boats in a normal way (though I do not know the RIGHT way) and 2) be careful who you ride with (my new friend learned that ....) :bgsmile:

And thanks to all for there help ..... :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-27-2012, 10:17
Cheif: Glad you are up and running at least. Check the forum here, "Planes Planes Planes" Theres a tutorial from both Dutch and RAAF_Magpie which are great for skip bombing. I wont be in today (Sunday) hopefully I can catch you next week. Always looking for Blenheim pilots. Teams 4 or more Blens and its really a hoot.

Ships ah yes you were introduced to what JT Dawg calls the "Mine-Scoot-Boot"

They can be sunk, but must be two or more Blenheims and must be a 1/4 Stern attack, (fewer guns) although it will be sunk, it will also be a suicide mission.

I'll be looking for you

ATAG_JTDawg
May-27-2012, 13:58
I think i found the problem :bgsmile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlcPkG9vAXM&feature=related so you were really going fast but it just seemed slow

ATAG_Septic
May-27-2012, 14:03
I think i found the problem :bgsmile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlcPkG9vAXM&feature=related

Does it mean I'm currently quite 'relaxed' here as well if I laughed and laughed at that? 'Cos I did :-):bgsmile::bgsmile::bgsmile::bgsmile:

I just wish I could get as high as that :bgsmile:

Dutch
May-27-2012, 15:59
I think i found the problem :bgsmile:

Fantastic! :bgsmile:

'I think we're dead, time is going by really slow...............':bgsmile: Excellent! :bgsmile:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-27-2012, 17:07
Now Gang !!!! hers' my point !!

look at what just happened: this can only happen on ATAG forums

we went from "I'm having problems with the Blenheim" to :::::::::

"I'm dying cause I ate brownies laced with marijuana. "

in contrast where would this have gone over at the Banana forums :bgsmile:

what they need is to start putting marijuana in their banana's :hugesmiley:

Dutch
May-27-2012, 18:04
what they need is to start putting marijuana in their banana's :hugesmiley:

Totally agreed!

They need Weed!

They have a need!

A need for weed, are we agreed?

My cat just peed.

In the litter tray (sandbox?).

Big socks.

A Blenheim Rocks.

Sorry, I shouldn't be posting really.............

ATAG_Knuckles
May-27-2012, 18:15
Geeze you not even at the Pub yet :shocked:

JG52_Krupi
May-27-2012, 18:18
Okay im definitely coming to this forum more from now on LOL :bgsmile:

Dutch
May-27-2012, 18:29
Okay im definitely coming to this forum more from now on LOL :bgsmile:

And so you should mate, so you should! :Grin:

ATAG_JTDawg
May-27-2012, 19:17
Iwas trying to help (mostly anyway) :blush!: Dutch, use sand box def., also in my big yellow socks, my blenhiem rocks. the rest of it i think very good. i think we should have plenty of guys willing to help, while waiting for next patch lmao http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=funny+dance+animation+no+music&view=detail&mid=43F36C2AC35A50FA0A0F43F36C2AC35A50FA0A0F&first=101 bad dawg bad

Dutch
May-27-2012, 19:33
Iwas trying to help (mostly anyway) :blush!: Dutch, use sand box def., also in my big yellow socks, my blenhiem rocks. the rest of it i think very good. i think we should have plenty of guys willing to help, while waiting for next patch lmao http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=funny+dance+animation+no+music&view=detail&mid=43F36C2AC35A50FA0A0F43F36C2AC35A50FA0A0F&first=101 bad dawg bad

JT_Dawg.......................

My Old Friend and Compatriot..............

That was hilarious!!! :bgsmile:

The guy looked just like Krupi..................:)

ATAG_Knuckles
May-27-2012, 19:39
Funny he did didn't he Hummmmmmmmm :bgsmile:

especially from behind

We love ya Krupi :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
May-27-2012, 19:40
:hugesmiley:
I think i found the problem :bgsmile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlcPkG9vAXM&feature=related so you were really going fast but it just seemed slow

Sooo JT what your saying is that someone stuffed MaryJane in the manifolds of my Bleny and that I inhales way too much of the fumes and this was my problem with my SLOW moving aircraft? :pouting: ........ Somehow I just can't buy that ..... But let me give it some more thought ....... :bgsmile: :hugesmiley:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-27-2012, 19:46
:hugesmiley:

Sooo JT what your saying is that someone stuffed MaryJane in the manifolds of my Bleny and that I inhales way too much of the fumes and this was my problem with my SLOW moving aircraft? :pouting: ........ Somehow I just can't buy that ..... But let me give it some more thought ....... :bgsmile: :hugesmiley:

Or Chief lets try it again, but I'm coming:thumbsup: with you this time

Dutch
May-27-2012, 19:49
I'm not, I'm far too bloody drunk. :bgsmile:

JG52_Krupi
May-28-2012, 06:01
The guy looked just like Krupi..................:)

Hey what's going on here :pouting:

We love ya Krupi :thumbsup:

:shocked:

Doc
May-28-2012, 14:22
It makes everything slow down!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS29PHB0OrY

ATAG_JTDawg
May-28-2012, 14:48
:bgsmile:, good 1 , as you see chief ,the evidence has started , after my last post i'm searching everywhere for facts an stuff!! but these posts take time an thought (not really but it sounds good) I have never seen Krupi's bum ,but i'll take your word on it :thumbsup: Dutch. I didn't want to look ,but felt compelled to (he didn't have a hair on his bum) :shocked: working hard on my next post bye

ChiefRedCloud
May-28-2012, 21:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xHJDyAnL9RQ

This has nothing to do with this thread .... But I likeit .... :bgsmile:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-29-2012, 09:02
Chief: O.K. back to the original issue here. There is really something weird going on with the Bleny. Haven t flow it in a while, got back in yesterday cause a fellow was having the same complaint you did, i.e. taxi and takeoff way too slow

So start up, warm up, advance the throttles, and cripes someone threw an anchor our. Full throttle it would barley move, got to the runway, full throttle would only produce 2000 rpm, (should be 2600) got to 2600 about the middle of the runway, took about the whole runway to get to 90-100 mph. Thats not right OR not what it was doing right after the patch

another issue The glass on the "Tach" was frosted Glazed: and the Fuel gauges were distorted and glazed as well. This all disappeared once a climb was established. After the climb, lowered the nose, 5 lbs Boost full course prop, netted the usual (read new patch) 1800 rpm 210 mph

Weird huh !!!!

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-02-2012, 14:49
Chief: O.K. back to the original issue here. There is really something weird going on with the Bleny. Haven t flow it in a while, got back in yesterday cause a fellow was having the same complaint you did, i.e. taxi and takeoff way too slow

So start up, warm up, advance the throttles, and cripes someone threw an anchor our. Full throttle it would barley move, got to the runway, full throttle would only produce 2000 rpm, (should be 2600) got to 2600 about the middle of the runway, took about the whole runway to get to 90-100 mph. Thats not right OR not what it was doing right after the patch

another issue The glass on the "Tach" was frosted Glazed: and the Fuel gauges were distorted and glazed as well. This all disappeared once a climb was established. After the climb, lowered the nose, 5 lbs Boost full course prop, netted the usual (read new patch) 1800 rpm 210 mph

Weird huh !!!!

Indeed ..... and no weed? :pouting: