PDA

View Full Version : Use Hyperlobby!

ATAG_Bliss
May-26-2012, 19:33
Gents - Please use Hyperlobby to connect to the server. We're running some tests and would like to start using it full time. :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
May-28-2012, 14:59
Was able to kinda connect but it failed because the server is "running another version 1.05." Could switch back but it's easier to wait :Grin:

ATAG_Colander
May-28-2012, 15:03
Was able to kinda connect but it failed because the server is "running another version 1.05." Could switch back but it's easier to wait :Grin:

ATAG_Server2 does not have the alpha patch.
ATAG_AxiesAllies does have the patch.

Both are on HL.

Old_Canuck
May-28-2012, 16:42
ATAG_Server2 does not have the alpha patch.
ATAG_AxiesAllies does have the patch.

Both are on HL.

Copy that. I didn't see ATAG_AxisAllies on HL this morning but it's up now. Just spawned in to a tied game. All systems go and thanks for your work guys :salute:

ChiefRedCloud
May-28-2012, 21:03
For anyone new to CloD ... here is the link to the Hyperlobby forums and download ---> http://hyperfighter.sk/index.php

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
May-28-2012, 21:57
Out of curiousity what functionality does Hyperlobby offer that Steam does not?

Doc
May-28-2012, 22:50
Not sure but probably its just preference.

ATAG_Snapper
May-28-2012, 23:04
I never thought it to be a case of increased functionality; I thought it was to increase the visibility of Cliffs of Dover to the high number of online players currently playing IL2: 1946 via Hyperlobby.

MajorBorris
May-29-2012, 08:00
Out of curiousity what functionality does Hyperlobby offer that Steam does not?

You can check status of servers/chat without turning on the sim among other features.

It might help bring the 46 pilots in too.:happy

Dutch
May-29-2012, 09:53
For anyone new to CloD ... here is the link to the Hyperlobby forums and download ---> http://hyperfighter.sk/index.php

Question: Do your login details expire after a certain length of time? Only I can't log-in to the site.

ATAG_Snapper
May-29-2012, 10:26
Question: Do your login details expire after a certain length of time? Only I can't log-in to the site.

I don't think so, Dutch. I hadn't used HL in years. It was a battle for me to even remember my HL login name (SnapperHD), much less my password. Had to go through almost all of my cats' names (living and departed) before hitting the right one. I also had to update the HL version -- but eventually I logged on just like in The Olde Days.

Dutch
May-29-2012, 10:27
K. Thanks. Weird I can't get in then...........

ATAG_Deacon
May-29-2012, 10:41
K. Thanks. Weird I can't get in then...........

Dutch,

I followed the directions on the Hyperfighter site and turned of my Steam cloud synch. I could not join through HL.

I turned cloud synch in Steam back on and I was in...go figure.

Might want to try that...

Dutch
May-29-2012, 11:07
Not got that far yet Deac, I can't log onto hyperfighter to download hyperlobby with my old login details. :Grin:

ATAG_JTDawg
May-29-2012, 11:16
Dutch ,you don't have to log in to site to get down load, go to the link above go to down loads an 45 secs later done ;)

Dutch
May-29-2012, 11:31
:blush!:

Thanks JT. :Grin:

Dutch
May-29-2012, 12:08
Ok, after my embarrassing hiccup, I now have hyperlobby working with Cliffs.

It looks the same as it ever did. Kinda nostalgic really. So ok, now I'm going to have to re-install 1946 and go see some old friends and adversaries on the BFs servers!

Oh no, downloading ultrapack is going to be such a pain........

jaydee
May-30-2012, 03:37
Gents - Please use Hyperlobby to connect to the server. We're running some tests and would like to start using it full time. :thumbsup:
Tried HL last night worked like a charm and brought back some memories when it Popped up on the Desktop ! :hpyclp:

Fried
May-30-2012, 07:35
hmmmm never used HL before so dont have the memories you guys share, to me it just looks damn ugly, clunky and neads an interface update, looks like it belongs in the 90s :hiding:

Will give it a go but cant promise anything as I spend my time stopping other tasks from starting before flying not adding them.

ATAG_Snapper
May-30-2012, 08:14
But HL does have a great personality........:bgsmile: