PDA

View Full Version : Arma 3

Marmus
Apr-03-2015, 15:32
Anybody here play Arma 3 during the USA East Coast evening times? (GMT +5:00)

I jump in now and then to blow off steam and kill stuff. I have no interest in being in a squad or anything too organized or committing to certain times to play...i just want to be a casual gamer....BUT I am getting sick of the asshats on the public servers. Would be nice to have access to some sort of private server that is well populated and has mature people. I am sure it exists somewhere....there are like 1,000s of players online in Arma3, but I seem to always be with the 12 year olds, LOL! Every once in a while I have gotten within a group that plays well and works together to achieve the mission, but those times seem to be rare.

ATAG_Septic
Apr-03-2015, 15:46
Id welcome this too Marmus old chap.

There's sometimes some of the chaps over at ANON6 on.

http://www.anon6.com/

Septic.

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-03-2015, 16:20
It would be cool to have a group play Arma3 Altis Life too :D

Injerin
Apr-04-2015, 01:04
Id welcome this too Marmus old chap.

There's sometimes some of the chaps over at ANON6 on.

http://www.anon6.com/

Septic.

Yes sir, We do play Arma3 lol.
you're more than welcome to joins us. We run about 45 mods and, we will be more than happy to help you set it up and go go in for the kill :)

Injerin
Apr-04-2015, 01:05
It would be cool to have a group play Arma3 Altis Life too :D

Ummm.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/06/gay_dance.gif

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-05-2015, 21:44
Ummm.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/06/gay_dance.gif

That's an interesting insight into your weekend activities Injerin. :thumbsup:

Injerin
Apr-05-2015, 22:44
That's an interesting insight into your weekend activities Injerin. :thumbsup:

LOL, as much as I like to dance, I feel that Arma3 was not and I repeat was not designed for Altis Life. Its sad really.

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-06-2015, 11:12
In a sense I agree, but even Arma3 isn't built for the Arma3 engine so what do you really expect?

Your issue is that you're a hardcore military simulation fan and you can't understand why so many people choose to play AL over Arma3 online.

Personally, I like the thrill of being chased across the map in a pickup full of illegal substances with the police in close pursuit only to find when I get to the dealer that there is already a massive fire fight between civilian gangs and rebels, just as much as I like playing Arma3. Simply because its hilarious.

ATAG_Freya
Apr-06-2015, 12:37
I think that sounds like it could be fun! Is this 'altis life' a single player or multiplayer thing? I play alot of SP Arma, and have been hooked on a map called 'Pilgrimage' for far too long now...

ChiefRedCloud
Apr-06-2015, 18:46
I'd enjoy getting together with a group now and then as my old group doesn't seem to keen on much these days ..... ArmA 3 wise that is ...

Chief

Injerin
Apr-07-2015, 18:24
In a sense I agree, but even Arma3 isn't built for the Arma3 engine so what do you really expect?

Your issue is that you're a hardcore military simulation fan and you can't understand why so many people choose to play AL over Arma3 online.

Personally, I like the thrill of being chased across the map in a pickup full of illegal substances with the police in close pursuit only to find when I get to the dealer that there is already a massive fire fight between civilian gangs and rebels, just as much as I like playing Arma3. Simply because its hilarious.

:)

Arma3 as a base is not so great, I run about 45 mods which make it so much better.

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-07-2015, 20:50
I think that sounds like it could be fun! Is this 'altis life' a single player or multiplayer thing? I play alot of SP Arma, and have been hooked on a map called 'Pilgrimage' for far too long now...

Its Multiplayer Freya, a lot of the servers run it.

:)

Arma3 as a base is not so great, I run about 45 mods which make it so much better.

Oh yeah, I'm keenly waiting to get that one. :)

Seriously 45 mods? That's quite a lot. Do you have a list of them on your site like you do for Falcon BMS? I wouldn't mind giving them a go.

Injerin
Apr-07-2015, 21:08
We have a mod collection that we put together using Playwith6, Playwith6 is a terrible program, but it has its advantages, such as keeping the mods up to date and being able to have a Mod set so that everyone can be sure to have the same ones. It is sometimes really un-stable and can be a pain. it takes getting used to.... But if you would like to give it a go:

Playwith6 download: http://withsix.com/download

Our Mod Set: http://play.withsix.com/Arma-3/collections/m-sFUdgJW0elxM7LbE_8tg/Injerin's-mod-collection/content

Here is another collection we use: http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/5pZqWiGluk6tOaoJmI3N1g/RHS/content

I'll post a vid of some of the stuff we use! :)

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-07-2015, 23:21
Nice stuff Injerin! Thankyou!

I like a challenge, so I'm sure I'll get it going and probably destroy my monitor if it gets unstable. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the video :)

:salute:

We have a mod collection that we put together using Playwith6, Playwith6 is a terrible program, but it has its advantages, such as keeping the mods up to date and being able to have a Mod set so that everyone can be sure to have the same ones. It is sometimes really un-stable and can be a pain. it takes getting used to.... But if you would like to give it a go:

Playwith6 download: http://withsix.com/download

Our Mod Set: http://play.withsix.com/Arma-3/collections/m-sFUdgJW0elxM7LbE_8tg/Injerin's-mod-collection/content

Here is another collection we use: http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/5pZqWiGluk6tOaoJmI3N1g/RHS/content

I'll post a vid of some of the stuff we use! :)

Injerin
Apr-08-2015, 18:23
Nice stuff Injerin! Thankyou!

I like a challenge, so I'm sure I'll get it going and probably destroy my monitor if it gets unstable. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the video :)

:salute:

Here is the vid, not all there, but I threw in a few things that are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abkoHWdZH_I&feature=youtu.be

Marmus
Apr-08-2015, 21:13
Wow, that is some awesome stuff! I have stayed away from mods. I used that Six Updater thingy for Arma2.....it is evil, lol. I never knew what it was downloading and one day I discover my entire hard drive was full. So I deleted Arma2 and never played again, lol!

I suppose if you play on one server and have a defined set of mods. It would be fine. My problem in Arma2 was that I was searching different public servers and download every mod known to man, just so I could join the server and check it out.

But your video is very compelling.....I may need to investigate.

Injerin
Apr-08-2015, 21:41
Wow, that is some awesome stuff! I have stayed away from mods. I used that Six Updater thingy for Arma2.....it is evil, lol. I never knew what it was downloading and one day I discover my entire hard drive was full. So I deleted Arma2 and never played again, lol!

I suppose if you play on one server and have a defined set of mods. It would be fine. My problem in Arma2 was that I was searching different public servers and download every mod known to man, just so I could join the server and check it out.

But your video is very compelling.....I may need to investigate.

Thanks, should come nd play a bit.

ATAG_ProArmis
Apr-09-2015, 14:45
Anybody here play Arma 3 during the USA East Coast evening times? (GMT +5:00)

I jump in now and then to blow off steam and kill stuff. I have no interest in being in a squad or anything too organized or committing to certain times to play...i just want to be a casual gamer....BUT I am getting sick of the asshats on the public servers. Would be nice to have access to some sort of private server that is well populated and has mature people. I am sure it exists somewhere....there are like 1,000s of players online in Arma3, but I seem to always be with the 12 year olds, LOL! Every once in a while I have gotten within a group that plays well and works together to achieve the mission, but those times seem to be rare.

In earlier times (ArmaI and II) I played the CTI Proman http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25284. But for ArmA III I need a new PC first.

But the CTI is a really nice thing. A good server for that is http://angryinsects.de/...sadly only german.

Best
Pro

Marmus
Apr-09-2015, 20:35
aurgh.....I installed that d@mnable Playwith6 program.....now it is downloading away all those d@mn mods in your collection.

No idea if I have it setup correctly. Everything says for Arma2. But changed the directories to Arma3...hope I got them correct. (just giving you a hard time)

Any tutorials on how to properly deal with this *&%*^% thing?

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-10-2015, 16:21
Here is the vid, not all there, but I threw in a few things that are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abkoHWdZH_I&feature=youtu.be

Nice video Injerin! Thanks for sharing. Definitely gonna give this a try. :thumbsup:

Emton
May-02-2015, 03:15
Koth

diziet
Jun-16-2015, 16:07
Pretty gutted that I cant seem to play ARMA 3. Downloaded it a month ago during the sale but every time I try to run it I get an error message that says something about TrackIR. Any ideas?

Injerin
Jun-16-2015, 18:50
Pretty gutted that I cant seem to play ARMA 3. Downloaded it a month ago during the sale but every time I try to run it I get an error message that says something about TrackIR. Any ideas?

Is your TIR up to date?

diziet
Jun-16-2015, 19:27
Don't use trackir! I use freetrack

jester_
Jun-16-2015, 20:29

What exactly is the error? An error with TrackIR shouldn't affect Arma 3 at all.

diziet
Jun-17-2015, 02:15
I'll have a look tonight and write down the exact error message...

diziet
Jun-21-2015, 17:43
We'll, strangely enough the problem decided to resolve itself! I installed facetrack noir and there was a big arma 3 update as well. Perhaps I'll never know. I am now merrily being shot and killed by enemies I can't see... Just like when I started flying clod! B-)

Injerin
Jun-21-2015, 18:07
We'll, strangely enough the problem decided to resolve itself! I installed facetrack noir and there was a big arma 3 update as well. Perhaps I'll never know. I am now merrily being shot and killed by enemies I can't see... Just like when I started flying clod! B-)

:) take it a bit slow, some of the AI can be a bit sharpshootish :)

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-27-2015, 18:40
Hi all,

I'm debating about picking up ARMA 3 but I don't know if my computer will be able to run it.

My specs are as follows:
GTX 750M (2 GB version)
Intel I7 quadcore at 2.6 GHz (not sure on specific model)
16 GB of Ram
Windows 7 64-Bit

Cheers,
Eagle

PhoenixCNE
Jul-28-2015, 11:17
Hi all,

I'm debating about picking up ARMA 3 but I don't know if my computer will be able to run it.

My specs are as follows:
GTX 750M (2 GB version)
16 GB of Ram
Windows 7 64-Bit

Cheers,
Eagle

I play alot of arma 3 and its various mods (mostly king of the hill and breaking point) . I have an OC'd i5-3570k (4.6ghz), 8 gig of ram, and a gtx 760 2gb, and sadly arma 3 is one of the few games that can bring my system to its knees. The arma games are sooo demanding BUT the good news is they did make it very scalable without looking like garbage so there are alot of graphics settings that you can tweak that will make it perform better for you (view distance and object count are the 2 huge ones) Just be careful with setting graphics options to low, this generally offloads them from the gpu and makes your cpu work even harder. It is best to set things to medium+ if they can't be turned off altogether for best performance. In the end I can guess that you could get it running acceptably on your pc but if your like me I can bet it will just leave ya itching for an upgrade so it will run better. :)

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-28-2015, 11:33
I play alot of arma 3 and its various mods (mostly king of the hill and breaking point) . I have an OC'd i5-3570k (4.6ghz), 8 gig of ram, and a gtx 760 2gb, and sadly arma 3 is one of the few games that can bring my system to its knees. The arma games are sooo demanding BUT the good news is they did make it very scalable without looking like garbage so there are alot of graphics settings that you can tweak that will make it perform better for you (view distance and object count are the 2 huge ones) Just be careful with setting graphics options to low, this generally offloads them from the gpu and makes your cpu work even harder. It is best to set things to medium+ if they can't be turned off altogether for best performance. In the end I can guess that you could get it running acceptably on your pc but if your like me I can bet it will just leave ya itching for an upgrade so it will run better. :)

Well it's a laptop so I can't really upgrade it at all. And I don't really want to get the game and then realize I can't play the game. :grrr: I am not sure where to go to be honest.

DoubleStandards
Jul-28-2015, 11:49
Hi all,

My specs are as follows:
GTX 750M (2 GB version)
16 GB of Ram
Windows 7 64-Bit

Cheers,
Eagle

While I have since upgraded to a 970GTX, I previously ran ARMA III with a 560ti and a AMD Phenom II 965 CPU. I had very acceptable frame rates, BUT, you need to do some tweaks, change some .ini settings and also set your in game graphics options to take as much load off your CPU as possible. ARMA III is VERY CPU demanding. Here is a guide to help out http://wiki.day0.com.au/ArmA_3_Performance_Tweaks_and_Settings_Guide I don't play DAYZ, but this guide is also good for ARMA in general.

If you do pick it up and want someone to play with, hit me up. I'd love to get some more trigger time in ARMA.

DS

PhoenixCNE
Jul-28-2015, 12:06
Well it's a laptop so I can't really upgrade it at all. And I don't really want to get the game and then realize I can't play the game. :grrr: I am not sure where to go to be honest.

I apologize, I meant to convey the fact that you could indeed run it with your current setup to some extent. The question is will you be happy with the visual quality you are left to play with? But as I said arma scales down quite well so it will more than likely be tolerable for you. I'd wait for a sale personally, they tend to drop the price quite a bit.

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-28-2015, 12:45
While I have since upgraded to a 970GTX, I previously ran ARMA III with a 560ti and a AMD Phenom II 965 CPU. I had very acceptable frame rates, BUT, you need to do some tweaks, change some .ini settings and also set your in game graphics options to take as much load off your CPU as possible. ARMA III is VERY CPU demanding. Here is a guide to help out http://wiki.day0.com.au/ArmA_3_Performance_Tweaks_and_Settings_Guide I don't play DAYZ, but this guide is also good for ARMA in general.

If you do pick it up and want someone to play with, hit me up. I'd love to get some more trigger time in ARMA.

DS

Hi DS,

Thank you very much for the feedback. From what I consider acceptable and what others consider acceptable is probably different (I probably have lower standards because I can deal with 20 FPS fine) so I'll look into the tweaks when I get it. When I do get it, I'll hit you up and we can do stuff online.

I apologize, I meant to convey the fact that you could indeed run it with your current setup to some extent. The question is will you be happy with the visual quality you are left to play with? But as I said arma scales down quite well so it will more than likely be tolerable for you. I'd wait for a sale personally, they tend to drop the price quite a bit.

No need to apologize, the frustration was more directed at me than you. I am sorry if my message conveyed a frustration at you. I think I'll follow your advice and getting when a sale goes on and just be content currently with Iron Front 1944 and mess around with the mission editor.

Thanks to both of you providing advice for me, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Eagle