PDA

View Full Version : Anything new for DCS 2 WW2?

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-06-2015, 18:00
Am I missing anything? Other than a switch around of upcoming release of P47 Jug and Spit IX, there's been virtually no recent update or screenshots by DCS. A little bit of news by third party re WW2 aircraft, but nothing specifically of the Spit XIV. By this time I really expected a lot more news on the WW2 front, but there's very little forthcoming including Edge and the WW2 theatre. Has anyone heard anything more beyond the scant new info on the DCS forum?

Chuck_Owl
Apr-06-2015, 20:22
Well, the P-40F is still in development... the F4F Wildcat as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJgskec05VI

I think the biggest hurdle at the moment is to get EDGE out and get new features working like multicrew and, dedicated servers and better multiplayer performance. Let's not forget that ED is also working on the L-39, the F-18 and the P-47 simultaneously. The Spit IX too, but we haven't heard much from it yet.

The 2 WW2 modules we should get at the soonest are the P-40F and the P-47. When? To be perfectly honest I don't know... the P-40 looks to be in good shape, and we haven't seen much from the P-47 yet.

Most of the stuff anyone would know is here in this forum.

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-06-2015, 21:14
When I've had time I've been spending more of it in the P-51. With the addition of the 109K it's been quite fun. Although I personally feel the P-51 to be very, very twitchy at the moment it's probably me.

I can't wait for the Jug!!!

Roland
Apr-07-2015, 05:00
Am I missing anything? Other than a switch around of upcoming release of P47 Jug and Spit IX, there's been virtually no recent update or screenshots by DCS.

This is normal. i am amazed the supporters/kickstartes of dcs do niot complain more about no information.

It will be great wen there is a big choice of planes and a real battlefield. 2020 maybe.

:)

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-07-2015, 08:47
Thanks for the input, fellas. Although 2020 looks far away, it's probably a pretty accurate guess as to when we would see DCS WW2 developed, in stages, to a full-blown theatre of air combat. Hopefully this would include a good range of fighters, fighter-bombers, medium and heavy bombers. Imagine handling a waist gun on a B17!!!

It's all good, but I am chafing at the bit for more updates on the Jug and Spit(s).

:salute:

Injerin
Apr-07-2015, 18:23
I think we will see the WW2 Theatre shortly after EDGE's release.

javelina
Apr-07-2015, 20:41
I remember coming across a recent post, EDGE is expected somewhere between March and June of 2015. Fingers crossed it does come out in Q2...

Injerin
Apr-08-2015, 00:13
I remember coming across a recent post, EDGE is expected somewhere between March and June of 2015. Fingers crossed it does come out in Q2...

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-mccarren-international-airport-tour/

This guy had an interview with Matt (WAGS) Wagner and he quotes him at the bottom. you are correct good sir.

zionid
Apr-10-2015, 12:23
I frequent all things DCS almost daily- and this is roughly what I have gathered/understood.

1. Number one priority is DCS 2.0 (EDGE) + Nevada map. (q2 2015- I believe it when I see it)
2. Next up is the Straits of Hormuz map- which is very much W.I.P and will be made available as a sandbox, specifically with the F/A-18c Hornet in mind.
3. After the Hormuz map, according to Wags (Sorry- don't have the sourcepost here), the ED map team will switch over to the stated "Normandy" map, that is now suspected to be a CHannel map. (Wags asked specifically for accurate data regarding airbases in SE Anglia and NW France). This map is to be released with relevant period AI units.

Along these broad strokes, ED and third parties will release AC as usual, and it has also been stated that 3rd parties will be able to build maps. Example is Leatnerneck simulations who have announced that they will release a free map/theatre WITH EVERY plane they intend to release on the 2015 schedule. The Tomcat being the only confirmed.

Addionally, we know that the FIghter Collection(Or was it VEAO?) will release early war models (Spits and Hurris)- as well as a modern (?) Duxford map.

So all in all- I would expect a ww2 theatre in 2-5 years, leaning towards the latter for all needed functions (Radio, AI, formations etc) and a full DCS ww2 sims.

But that last one is just me speculating. Just do yourself a favour and do not expect anything in any near future, except aircraft modules.

Mudcat
Apr-10-2015, 13:08
I think we will see the WW2 Theatre shortly after EDGE's release... in 2020

Added that last bit of info for you :)

Chivas
Apr-10-2015, 14:33
EDGE beta this year.
WW2 aircraft every few months or so.
A world war two map maybe in 2016
2016 VR headsets and DCS compatibility will make DCS one of the most popular sims in the genre.

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Apr-12-2015, 21:22
EDGE beta this year.
WW2 aircraft every few months or so.
A world war two map maybe in 2016
2016 VR headsets and DCS compatibility will make DCS one of the most popular sims in the genre.

I've been buying them when the sales come up. :)

Still have not tried any yet.

Mudcat
Apr-14-2015, 12:57
It's been unusually silent on all fronts over there, or at least compared to the last year, maybe EDGE is indeed close and no one wants to say much until then.

LuseKofte
Apr-15-2015, 13:59
I bought the 109 K but haven't yet downloaded it. What a twat I am sometimes :( so beautiful models and pits and ignoring it th way I do

ATAG_Slipstream
Apr-15-2015, 14:43
I bought the 109 K but haven't yet downloaded it. What a twat I am sometimes :( so beautiful models and pits and ignoring it th way I do

It takes balls of steel to get that thing in the air, but it flies like a dream. You should really give it a whirl.

Screamadelica
Apr-16-2015, 05:08

Definitely hit that download button LuseKofte!

The DCS 109 K is a beautifully modelled aircraft, one of the best feelings of flight I've ever had. Taking off and landing aren't too scary....:devilish:

Download the "Dogfight with the Redtails" 109 version. 16 109s vs 16 P 51s is an awesome experience.

Cheers, Scream.

gavagai
Apr-16-2015, 06:23
Just a bit of gossip from an EDGE tester, but there are still some major bugs to be squashed before release. I doubt that we'll see EDGE in the timeframe mentioned in that interview.

DieHard
Apr-16-2015, 13:49
This is normal. i am amazed the supporters/kickstartes of dcs do niot complain more about no information.

It will be great wen there is a big choice of planes and a real battlefield. 2020 maybe.

:)

Two weeks!

I figure they are working on their liveries developments. They never talk much about current development. Their occasional, more frequent sales I think are because they need a cash flow boost. I just purchased the Mig-15 at a good price last week. I think the Spit is next in line for a beta. Would like to see DCS develop a company owned 24/7 server with good player numbers, like Aces High does it, I have asked them to do that.

I came over here to play online looking for guy numbers online in Multiplayer. Your WWII aircraft are more like FC3 has with a little bit of mouse manipulating the controls. I can still blow an engine here as to engine management (poor management!) .

All DCS has for servers are the private DoW and ACG servers for WWII era with maybe 10 guys on at a time, if that.

Well, figure they are revamping their production schedule for that X-fighter and its world for a 2017 release...

Yes, I hope DCS keeps going on and not end up like Microprose and the others did in the past, and go kaput. Then what do I do, go fishing?

DieHard
Apr-16-2015, 14:20
Just a bit of gossip from an EDGE tester, but there are still some major bugs to be squashed before release. I doubt that we'll see EDGE in the timeframe mentioned in that interview.

Of course. You are not working if you are not making mistakes; running into work related challenges. Take the time and do it right before a public beta release.

I can wait.

DieHard
Apr-16-2015, 14:30
It takes balls of steel to get that thing in the air, but it flies like a dream. You should really give it a whirl.

After learning the P-51 learning curve getting it off the ground, I found the 109 not too bad. Took about a week to get fairly competent in her. I find answers to my questions I encounter by seeing what other guys do using the DCS forum archive.

The 109 is still in beta, I think the guns' hitting power is too light.

I agree the 109 is nice to fly and land.

Mastiff
Apr-22-2015, 20:59
To Quote Matt Wags Wagner: excerpt from PcPilot, " Well I see us producing many different combat theatres throughout the world, I see fully realized World War II environment, Korean environment, and hopefully a Vietnam environment. I see a much more integrated and user-friendly online system that allows people to join matching services, and join into games with many other players online. As well as the air assets, this world will have ground and naval elements.

ElGringo
Apr-23-2015, 21:42
Thanks Gavagai. Nice to have some info from insiders.