PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing news. . . .

ATAG_Bliss
May-30-2012, 12:53
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28174&page=144

Just continue reading. If this is part of or an expansion to our current IL2COD, I fear it will be the end of it. The 1946 way of being able to do anything and everything a player/client wants will be thrown out the window.

Anyone imagine an IL2 game like World of Tanks? All I can say is if this game they are talking about is for IL2COD and beyond, not standalone, the new series is already dead. :sad!:

ATAG_Colander
May-30-2012, 13:41
We cannot make the arcade games for mass market, we have no experts and experience for such work. Wait the announcement.

Central ideas from this articles:
1) we are developing MMO game based on CloD engine
2) announcement will be soon, June 2012 is deadline
3) it will be hardcore game (as old Il-2 and CloD) for the true simmers
4) alpha version will be ready in 2013

I think it will be what I always thought. You will be able to man tanks, infantry, ships etc.

ATAG_Deacon
May-30-2012, 13:42
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28174&page=144

Just continue reading. If this is part of or an expansion to our current IL2COD, I fear it will be the end of it. The 1946 way of being able to do anything and everything a player/client wants will be thrown out the window.

Anyone imagine an IL2 game like World of Tanks? All I can say is if this game they are talking about is for IL2COD and beyond, not standalone, the new series is already dead. :sad!:

Can't read 1C from work...:feed

Would someone kindly transcribe?

Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

Uther
May-30-2012, 13:42
Never played an MMO, and not sure I want to. All I ever wanted was a successor to il2, based on the same concept.
Lets see where we are after the announcement.

Recoilfx
May-30-2012, 14:10
It neither disappoints me nor does it please me - i don't care that its MMO, I only play multi-player after all. If it's a good game, I am willing to throw cash at them, but so far they have a really poor track of record...

ATAG_Colander
May-30-2012, 14:25
All I can say is that I hope at least CloD is fixed for good after recently spending the money for a GTX580 :sad!:

ATAG_Headshot
May-30-2012, 14:26
As we know even their current tracks are buggy... :pouting:

Uther
May-30-2012, 14:31
Well, the first time they showed a drivable tank should have set alarm bells ringing!

ATAG_Bliss
May-30-2012, 14:39
Well, the first time they showed a drivable tank should have set alarm bells ringing!

Agree. It set them running for all the awesomeness to look forward to in the future. But calling it an MMO, makes me think it's going to be ran like other MMOs.

I want control over everything, to create everything, to have your own servers, planesets, etc. An MMO usually means that control is taken away.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But that MMO word is a bad one for me.

MajorBorris
May-30-2012, 14:49
Im am super mad:angry:

It's the negative bannana forum flyers that have won the day.

Uther
May-30-2012, 14:59
Not so sure Borris, I have a feeling this was always planned from the beginning.

ATAG_Deacon
May-30-2012, 15:01
The only computer "games" I play are IL-2 1946 and CloD. When you guys throw out the term MMO I envision a pay to play scenario.

I hope I'm wrong in that but if it is indeed the case then 1946 may live on forever...

Uther
May-30-2012, 15:06
I have never paid a monthly subscription to play a game, not sure I want to start now.
I feel like I am getting reamed with constantly paying for RoF content, I don't want to feel like that with il2.
:no

Dutch
May-30-2012, 15:06
Steady on chaps! :happy

We know very little so far. Maybe waiting for the announcement is the best advice B6 gave today.

Uther
May-30-2012, 15:11
True Dutch, I think June was mentioned, so it shouldn't be long.

ATAG_Colander
May-30-2012, 15:23
There is something we haven't considered...
2 parallel games, Cliffs and its sequel and the MMO.

If they share the same engine, they could be making money from both sides (two birds with one stone).

I thought of this as the offered SDK would not be compatible with the known MMO models.

I just hope upper management is thinking of reusing the existing code instead of changing the course of Cliffs.

Dutch
May-30-2012, 15:24
Indeed. How many games share the IL2 engine?

But one thing's for sure, it seems to have taken everyone's mind off whether there's a patch for CoD forthcoming..................

335th_GRAthos
May-30-2012, 15:54
I know I am probably gonna get beaten for this but, I can not wait to "sell my soul to the devil" (= go Red :roflmao:) and man an AAA gun :50cal

:runaway:

ATAG_Colander
May-30-2012, 16:17
I know I am probably gonna get beaten for this but, I can not wait to "sell my soul to the devil" (= go Red :roflmao:) and man an AAA gun :50cal

I can already see the whining about the AAA not moving and/or shooting fast enough :bgsmile:

Doc
May-30-2012, 17:35
Why take a broomstick and poke the sleeping lion though the bars? Why post that in there and haul ass? :blush!:

ATAG_Septic
May-30-2012, 18:59
I hope the action doesn't go pay-to-play, I just could not afford it. Sadly though, it makes good business sense if it can be done right. ~Ј80 pa or ~Ј30 every few or more years. The possible up-side for the consumer would be continued development I suppose. Time will tell.:!sad!:

Septic.

Atreides
May-31-2012, 12:49
Free to play (and pay to win) games are sadly on the rise. One of my favorite games used to be Age of Empires, however it's newest incarnation is also free to play. The bad thing is that you have to keep paying for a game like that (if you want to stand a chance in multiplayer) and the game dynamics are usually dumbed down a lot to make it popular to get the first M in MMO. Hence games inevitably become arcade like.

I fear if IL2 goes down this road that will happen to it too :thmbdwn:

Vulgar
May-31-2012, 13:40
I don't know if any of you have played aces high. One of the big problems and why I will not play it any longer, is that they dumb it down to make it easier for new players. As the numbers went down, they further strayed away from reality, not that they were ever very real in the first place, but talking about strategy and things like how radar works and settings.

Seems the little crybaby's end up winning with all their whining, the people that are more realistic minded leave because of the baby play and all the cry baby's, so they make it even easier to keep the little babies happy so they can pay the bills.

You all have experience with the forum banter and devs idiosyncrasy of how il2/clod is/was handled. Past experience does not provide me with a positive feeling about anything from them.

It is a real shame TargetWare went down, as that was the solution that had the best potential I have encountered, a modders delight as users had complete control over content, fm, scenarios, all settings, with realism the focus, engine and controls management was more complex than clod.

I played my first cfs in 1985, still waiting for something that has good online play and realistic stuff. Aces High has good game play, but lacks in realism, the base taking is a blast, but the lack of realism in radar settings, strategy, lack of real cockpits, no engine management and lack of realistic controls ruins it, wont mention their fm, ok I have to say it, fm is questionable!

It all comes down to what is feasible financially, there are thousands of paying customers that want easy play with easy wins in comparison to a few that wants things as realistic as possible.

Unless someone with the funds steps up to the plate to finance development without worrying about return on investment, we will never see a realistic based online multi player based flight simulation game.

Need to find a number of filthy rich plane addicts to throw some excess funds into a pool and start a development firm. But then why should they bother with a mere game, when they can hop in their real p51 and play fighter pilot.