PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone make me a skin please. Eric Carter 615 Squadron Hurricane :)

Mysticpuma
Apr-12-2015, 07:58
I want to use it in a short clip about Eric Carter who flew with 615 Squadron and then transferred to 81 Squadron who flew in Vaenga, Murmansk with the Russians.

The skin is ony for the 615 Squadron clip.

His Aircraft was

KW-Z 5208

Here's an image of a bit of it:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/medal-honour-last-hero-raf-1756467

and the nose:

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/local-news/world-war-ii-pilot-prevented-3914996

Cheers, MP

PS. If you can do it, please post here to say so, so others don't start a skin and I get lots :)

Cheers

major_setback
Apr-12-2015, 08:56
The first limked image isn't showing.

I might do it for you. I'll commit to it first after seeing it. Unless anyone else wants to do it.

Do you need the Hurri in a hurry?

Cheers, setback

DUI
Apr-12-2015, 08:59
Here is the corrected first link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/medal-honour-last-hero-raf-1756467).

major_setback
Apr-12-2015, 09:04
Thanks!
Would it have had white winter camo at Murmansk?

This is a joke picture I assume. Monty Python? [Edit: it has a different serial number]

http://impdb.org/images/8/88/Hurr2.jpg

Mysticpuma
Apr-12-2015, 09:14
Hi MS.

No need for the Murmansk skin. Eric flew with 615 Squadron in the UK and his Hurricane was KW-Z with serial 5208

He then transferred to 81 Squadron and flew in Murmansk.

The skin required is KW-Z of 615 Squadron and you can see the KW in the image shown.

I should have added this skin needs to be 'factory fresh' with no weathering as the story I wish to illustrate is about him flying his new Hurricane :)

Thanks again, cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-12-2015, 09:24
I'll take it on.
It looks, from the photo, like it has KW-Z on one side of the fuselage and ZKW on the reverse side. Is that right?

There is a KWZ (one with a different serial number) at the Science museum in London with a different way of coding: KWZ on both sides.

major_setback
Apr-12-2015, 09:28
Hi MS.

No need for the Murmansk skin.....

Shame :-)

http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Hurricane/USSR-RAF-151Wing/images/Aircrew-Soviet-pilot-stands-on-the-wing-of-his-Hurricane-fighter-01.jpg

Mysticpuma
Apr-12-2015, 09:45
Z-KW on one Starboard side, KW-Z port side.

I have no problem.if you want to create an 81 Squadron skin. I only said it isn't required because there is one already in Heinkill's campaign and also includes Tim Ellington's skin of 151, so the skins are already available.....and I hate wasting people's time, especially when they are helping me out :)

Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-12-2015, 10:16
OK, I'll make it factory fresh then...and it'll be quicker to do too.

Cheers, Setback

Mysticpuma
Apr-13-2015, 06:11
Second post down :)

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=200&start=120

major_setback
Apr-13-2015, 11:55
Thanks.
You answered a question I was going to ask...whether it had a half-black underside. It doesn't look like it, so I won't add that. I have that already as a separate layer so it wouldn't mean either more or less work, but it saves redoing it if wrong.

But I have another question. The serial number. is it N5208?

Mysticpuma
Apr-13-2015, 12:06
No problem.

The image I linked to was just as a reference to the markings and letter positions rather than the serial. Eric's serial was the one I mentioned, the serial on this image is from another Hurricane marked with the letter Z.......there must have been a few?

That will then put you back in the position of wondering if the underside of his aircraft had the half-black markings.....so I'll email.him now and give you the answer asap.

Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-14-2015, 06:48
Thanks, it would be nicer for him if you could find out that information - then the skin will be more accurate.

I just had a though after finishing placing the codes (KWZ etc)... you will probably need it without roundels if you are making a video from a recorded track; is that right? Or am I thinking wrongly?
If so I'll move the code letters. At the moment they are spaced to fit with my own roundels which don't match up with the in-game ones.

Cheers.

Mysticpuma
Apr-14-2015, 09:24
Leave roundels on please. I'll be shooting it live so not a problem :)

Just waiting to hear for Eric to reply to my email. Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-14-2015, 11:32
OK.
I'll do the rest of it and wait with the bits that are unclear.

Mysticpuma
Apr-15-2015, 10:57
Hi MS.
I spoke with Eric on the phone today. He said that he never had the black and white camo. underneath his aircraft, the only one he remembered was the pale Blue ( duck egg?) colour.

He then asked me why all the questions and I mentioned you were trying to get his paintscheme correct for use on an computer aircraft so other chaps could take it for a spin. He was delighted by the news and can't wait to see it :)

He then said he flew other Hurricanes, Spitfires and Defiants (he hated the Defiant, called it a death trap) and listed the letters of those too:

My Hurricanes were
Z 5208
K
A
H
Spitfire
M
P
Defiant

I'm looking forward to.showing him this and also releasing the short video clip of him explaining what happened to his Hurricane that you are making.

Then I will put together a few video clips about his time in Murmansk fighting with the Russians at Vaenga.

Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-15-2015, 14:55
Hi MS.
I spoke with Eric on the phone today. He said that he never had the black and white camo. underneath his aircraft, the only one he remembered was the pale Blue ( duck egg?) colour.

He then asked me why all the questions and I mentioned you were trying to get his paintscheme correct for use on an computer aircraft so other chaps could take it for a spin. He was delighted by the news and can't wait to see it :)

He then said he flew other Hurricanes, Spitfires and Defiants (he hated the Defiant, called it a death trap) and listed the letters of those too:

My Hurricanes were
Z 5208
K
A
H
Spitfire
M
P
Defiant

I'm looking forward to.showing him this and also releasing the short video clip of him explaining what happened to his Hurricane that you are making.

Then I will put together a few video clips about his time in Murmansk fighting with the Russians at Vaenga.

Cheers, MP

Hi, Thanks.
I guessed it might be a 'z' in the serial number, and already done that :-). 'Trying to get the colours right...it might have to be a bit of a compromise.
Thanks for asking those questions, it helps a lot if it is as accurate as possible. I'll make the underside blue rather than 'sky'.

It should be finished over the weekend if you can wait for it. I could rush it on Friday if you need it earlier.

I need an opinion. Is it too light and the colours in-distinctive? Or is it ok? Viewing it on my computer in artificial light it looks fine, but in ambient daylight I'm not so sure.

Cheers, Setback

Mysticpuma
Apr-15-2015, 15:07
Looking on my screen the colours as you mentioned do look a little indistinctive to me personally. It looks like it could do with just a little more "punch".
As regards waiting, no problem. I'd rather you feel it is finished than rushed and I appreciate your help with this.
Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-15-2015, 16:35
OK, thanks for the feedback. I've played with the colours a bit more, and got it to look a bit more colourful. I'll do a bit more over the weekend.

Not finished yet. WIP:

Cheers.

Mysticpuma
Apr-15-2015, 16:54
Liking the progress. The definition between the colours is much better IMHO, Cheers, MP

major_setback
Apr-15-2015, 18:56
Nearly there:

Cheers.

major_setback
Apr-22-2015, 04:37
Check your PM's MP.

PM sent.

Cheers, Setback

BenQuinn
Apr-26-2015, 04:42
What a nice bloke you are Setback!
I am looking forward to this skin.
I am devoted to the Hurricane, there is no other plane in my opinion!
:)

major_setback
Apr-28-2015, 08:49
What a nice bloke you are Setback!
I am looking forward to this skin.
I am devoted to the Hurricane, there is no other plane in my opinion!
:)

Thanks!
I'm having trouble uploading the skin at the moment. The Airwarfare site has disabled uploads. I just saw that CoD uploads can be done at the M4T site, so I'll upload the Hurri' skin and new generic skin there...when I get back from a small trip (10-12 days).

Thanks for the feedback.