PDA

View Full Version : Grab a drink ! I want to talk to ATAG

jaydee
Jun-01-2012, 05:17
Since the last patch, and, the statements from Blacksix in the past week,I am starting to feel a bit pissed off about the way 1c has handled COD (and us,the customers).The CTD debarcle,the FM fiasco,the AI behaviour,the unwilling-ness of COD to run properly on a mid to high Pc and all the while they post updates with pictures of "Tanks in the grass" !!!...We all wait and say"It will all be fine after the patch"!....What did we get ? Dumbed down graphics,LESS CTDs,Flight models that are Worse than before the patch,no AI change !.....And now MMO !!............I really hope Im wrong here lads but im starting to think that because of our passion for Flyin these WW2 aircraft (with spectacular graphics),we have been willing to overlook whats starin us in the face !!! How about this ? Maybe COD was the means to acheive BOM from day one of this sims release ??? Why have "Vehicle" or "Reload" commands in a flight sim menu ???? Then show us Tanks ??? then tell us "BOM" is when it all comes together ????How long did we wait for the last patch??????...Bottom line :COD brought in some money to keep their "Real Project" financed !............Maybe im being cynical but lets say for a moment Im right !....What a bad buisness decision from 1c ! Heres why :IF they charged $500 for a "WORKING" WW2 BOB flight sim",would we buy it ?...Yes we would !...How much for our joystick,Graphics card,MB have we spent so far ? We would find a way to come up with the dosh !..........Again 1c has backed the wrong horse(DCS just stole a chunk of their thunder today)!...http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3583548/This is the best sim ive ever flown(online and offline) as far as "Feeling" goes and I believe that 1c is not going to take "our COD" any further !.....Dont mean im giving up on COD for "us" ! But,COD to us is everything,to 1c its just ameans to an end !~S~

Tvrdi
Jun-01-2012, 06:22
Since the last patch, and, the statements from Blacksix in the past week,I am starting to feel a bit pissed off about the way 1c has handled COD (and us,the customers).The CTD debarcle,the FM fiasco,the AI behaviour,the unwilling-ness of COD to run properly on a mid to high Pc and all the while they post updates with pictures of "Tanks in the grass" !!!...We all wait and say"It will all be fine after the patch"!....What did we get ? Dumbed down graphics,LESS CTDs,Flight models that are Worse than before the patch,no AI change !.....And now MMO !!............I really hope Im wrong here lads but im starting to think that because of our passion for Flyin these WW2 aircraft (with spectacular graphics),we have been willing to overlook whats starin us in the face !!! How about this ? Maybe COD was the means to acheive BOM from day one of this sims release ??? Why have "Vehicle" or "Reload" commands in a flight sim menu ???? Then show us Tanks ??? then tell us "BOM" is when it all comes together ????How long did we wait for the last patch??????...Bottom line :COD brought in some money to keep their "Real Project" financed !............Maybe im being cynical but lets say for a moment Im right !....What a bad buisness decision from 1c ! Heres why :IF they charged $500 for a "WORKING" WW2 BOB flight sim",would we buy it ?...Yes we would !...How much for our joystick,Graphics card,MB have we spent so far ? We would find a way to come up with the dosh !..........Again 1c has backed the wrong horse(DCS just stole a chunk of their thunder today)!...http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3583548/This is the best sim ive ever flown(online and offline) as far as "Feeling" goes and I believe that 1c is not going to take "our COD" any further !.....Dont mean im giving up on COD for "us" ! But,COD to us is everything,to 1c its just ameans to an end !~S~
+1
I even got to the point I dont care anymore...really....HSFX 6.0 mod for il2 1946 is on the way (final testing almost done) and with ROF and Iron front liberation Im covered "for a while"....I even dont bother (anymore) about porked FMs with certain planes in ROF as I understood, Jason from 777 only cares about making money (continuing support as he cals it) and giving new stuff and less about us, onliners (fixing wrong FMs)....
AND all we got from 1C is a big nothing since the sim is nowhere what it should be (content, performance, customer support, name it). Yeah I got decent performance boost with last beta patch but still it gets very slow when more planes are around or when effects (dust, flames, etc.) are near.....simply unplayable by al means of modern online gameplay....call me a whiner but Im the one who got a shite on a dinner table (of my favourite "restaurant") and eating it....every day

Dutch
Jun-01-2012, 06:39
Nice Rant! :Grin:

I'd say there probably isn't a single combat flight sim fan who isn't openly or covertly ranting at the moment, for one reason or another.

Sadly, the outcome for me is that I've done very little 'simming' since the Alpha/Beta patch release.

Then again, there's going to be an update later today, although I'm not too confident it'll resolve anything.

Time will tell. On the other hand, I was only 43 when development of 'Storm of War - The Battle of Britain' was announced...................

:pouting:

Tvrdi
Jun-01-2012, 06:49
Nice Rant! :Grin:

I'd say there probably isn't a single combat flight sim fan who isn't openly or covertly ranting at the moment, for one reason or another.

Sadly, the outcome for me is that I've done very little 'simming' since the Alpha/Beta patch release.

Then again, there's going to be an update later today, although I'm not too confident it'll resolve anything.

Time will tell. On the other hand, I was only 43 when development of 'Storm of War - The Battle of Britain' was announced...................

:pouting:

why do you think its a rant?....rather than an opinion of disappointed customer ;)

whataver we will se what will be very soon...

Fried
Jun-01-2012, 07:14
I dont have as much time invested in Cod as you guys do, only 5 months so dont feel as angry about the whole thing as some of you might after waiting more than a year, yes I have been disapointed from time to time but I missed out on the real unplayable part 2 patches ago or so.

My low end system plays the sim quite well considering, although everything has to be adjusted and turn down so again I dont feel the rage that some do, guess i have been one of the lucky ones really.

My thoughts on the new "features" they talk of over at 1c are that they have already stated that the new stuff will be built on and around the current cod engine and to me thats a positive, it means (hopefully) that our current situation can only get better as any engine developement should filter down to us, shit way of doing it yes, but it surely will happen if they use the existing engine.

Oh, and dont worry about pretty pictures of tanks hiding in long grass because we all know that on release you will have to turn the grass off :bgsmile:

XE9O
Jun-01-2012, 07:43
Jaydee,
I do agree, Some members of our squad are flying DCS and also FSX. Even a few has been flying 1946 until we see how this works out. DCS is a great game!

It being summer here and for many of our squad online attendance is down . We hope COD gets worked out by Fall .

71st_AH_XE90

ATAG_JTDawg
Jun-01-2012, 09:15
Dutch +1 , we are all pissed!! I built this computer last april ,may an june ,went way above there specs for game i.ve invested over 2500 now on a pc for 1 game i really wanted = .clod for a broke game, after over a year here we are still broke,not fixed an a dummy downed game from where it started .i'm like dutch flying less an less all the time, an the last patch an hot fix, really very little help, so guys that couldn't fly for more then 15 min, now get a hour before a crash!!!! :thumbsup: big deal!!!! an what a joke. Ive been on a slow boil for a long time, :angry: an am to the point clod will soon be in the bin, just look at the stats less an less all the time , Now when you people get on mostly new guys that don't know no better or didn't do there home work to see how messed up this game really is!!! but at 9.95 why not lol. I personally will not pay to play or buy planes, tanks, birds or whatever, After this long i don't believe a word they say . screw me once shame on them, screw me twice shame on me !!! i,m really think the end is near for them, An would i pay 500 for a working clod or bom :shocked: not only no, but hell noooooooooooooooooo!!!! If 1c dosn't do this deal right wait till you read all the venom from built up BS !! but i'll be playing something else!!! an just laughing my ass off reading the forums, Even the rays an sunshine day dreamers will finally throw in the towel!!! so please don't get me started

Ohms
Jun-01-2012, 17:31
I have to agree with my wingman JT, the game is no longer keeping my attention. On the PLUS side I have met a fantastic group of like minded lunatics.:bgsmile:

ATAG_Colander
Jun-01-2012, 17:42
At least they can see the future. They are talking about an Massive Multiplayer Online and show us a LaGG.
Get it? laaaaaggggg :goofy::bgsmile:

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-01-2012, 17:46
Well, we're working on putting up a 46 server. With the latest releases of the mod packs and vanilla versions I'm very impressed. Wind, clouds, turbulance, +300 flyable planes with 200 different maps in every theater of war, at least we'll have a bit of a diversion when/if they get it fixed.

More to follow.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1228/f86.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/f86.png/)

Fried
Jun-01-2012, 18:43
oooo that sounds interesting and the sceenshot looks pretty good for such an old release, I did purchase it and briefly played it but that just wet my appertite for cod so bought that and didnt spend much time with 1946, be good to have a proper go with the latest patches etc

MOHAWK
Jun-01-2012, 19:45
Hey Bliss : just so myself and others can get started and be ready , could you tell us what's the latest ver your gonna run ? 4.11--4.12 or 4.?? / what mods up-2.01 -up-?.?? or HSFX ?? or something else ? -- i stopped at 4.09 / up2.01 i think = installing the mods after that just got to be to much work , --Please tell me when , say we have a clean 4.10 ver ready to go , full updateing to new ver and all the latest mods will be a 1 or 2 or so ,clicks install ?? ---PLEASE !!! ,,,,, Not giving up on CLOD , but would like to be ready for alternative, if needed... If CLOD goes ( MMO ) or any kind of monthly fee or paying $$ for seperate a/c or anything like that , I will be #^%$* DONE with CLOD , --except for the version i have now ..... I hope 1C is listining ?? --But they prob would not care anyways ???---Thank you ...........

Dutch
Jun-01-2012, 19:57
+1

I appreciate that mate.

People are talking about IL2 with various mods, people are downloading offline campaigns, they're playing them, and people are getting hugely pissed off.

What we need is some leadership here. Starting with a reversion to the pre-patch version of the game. I'm prepared to put up with the launcher crashes.

Catseye
Jun-01-2012, 22:06
My sense of frustration has been tempered by the realization of what this sim can become and was promised. I kept coming back with the anticipation that a progressive number of patches would, in short order, bring us closer to the CLOD vision.

Sadly, it has not! . . . . . this pilot has given up finally!!!

The reasons for my pessimism at this time are: Why have the flight models of all aircraft not been successfully matched with RL performance? It's not like this is all new - they've had 10 years of IL2 to collect and work with all the data. Even the users are providing superb information. My take is that it is either above their programmers abilities to achieve; or it isn't deemed as important as the rest of the community has pointed out; or . . . manpower issues to tackle all that iare unavailable.

Why is the sound still porked? It never got to be right even in 1946 and took modders to achieve it. Surely, all the hype about hiring a guy that knows his stuff is just that . . . hype.

I know there are hundreds of more issues but for me, those are the big two.

Personally, I think that Il2 left with the Godfather of the Programme Oleg Maddox and we won't get his vision back. The second stringers are at the plate and the pros are playing another game.

At best . . . . these guys can't or don't seem to understand what it takes in a free-market system to satisfy the customer. Once you lose them - they're gone!!

My only hope for this sim to grow is that it is taken over by an already successful and qualified development team that doesn't necessarily need big returns but will showcase a quality sim and/or find another way to draw in public support and continue to make profit through some ingenius way.

But first . . . . you have to have the product.

Can you imagine how the automobile, or television, or dishwasher companies would fare if they sold a product then promised to deliver things like the engine later??

Sigh . . . . finally worn out and thoroughly p****d off. I suffer incompetence very poorly.
Catseye

Dutch
Jun-01-2012, 22:40
Yup.

'The customer is always right' - is a Western Attitude.

'The customer gets what we give 'em' is, erm.... another attitude.

Catseye
Jun-01-2012, 23:45
Yup.

'The customer is always right' - is a Western Attitude.

'The customer gets what we give 'em' is, erm.... another attitude.

:bsign:

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-02-2012, 14:01
Inspite of everything (of which I agree with a lot of it) I surely hope you guys (ATAG) are not getting ready to drop CloD. :blush!:

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-02-2012, 14:45
Inspite of everything (of which I agree with a lot of it) I surely hope you guys (ATAG) are not getting ready to drop CloD. :blush!:

Definitely not! But playing the same map, same planesets, same everything over and over again does get old. We figured things would be moving at a much better pace, at least I did. And that has yet to happen.

And when on the channel map you are confined to one space (the closest points in the channel) that doesn't leave much to the imagination. I'd love it if everyone's CTD issue stopped, game freezes stopped, FPS drops etc.

But everything with cliffs is a royal PITA mission building. Every single thing you want to work has to be coded or needs some sort of a workaround to get it to work. We have ships that sometimes sink and sometimes are invisible. We have convoys that lose their trailers in the dedicated environment rendering them useless. We have trains with bad tracks. We have AI planes that fly sideways sometimes. The list goes on.

So trying to make it "appear" as if you have some sort of entertaining and fun scenario isn't easy. Some missions can take litterally hundreds of hours to make and hundreds of hours to test to finally find out some things don't work etc. I know people are probably pulling their hair out constanly playing the same missions, but I just wish they knew the frustrations in making them. Nothing and I mean nothing works right.

So no, we're not about to give up on it any time soon. It's still the best online combat sim I've ever flown. It can also be the most frustrating. But I'm definitely waiting on fixes for the FMB, dedicated server, netcode, graphics, FPS, FM's, etc.,etc., before I attempt to waste another 1000 hours of my life trying to work around something that should work from the get go. Until we have some sort of official patch that clears these types of issues, we're left with the same ol' spot on the map where 99% of users get a chance to get into some sort of combat in a fairly short amount of time before their game crashes and so on. You don't realize just how much I'd like to be making missions in this sim that covers all aspects of the map we have. But the game is simply not ready for it yet.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-02-2012, 14:47
Hey Bliss : just so myself and others can get started and be ready , could you tell us what's the latest ver your gonna run ? 4.11--4.12 or 4.?? / what mods up-2.01 -up-?.?? or HSFX ?? or something else ? -- i stopped at 4.09 / up2.01 i think = installing the mods after that just got to be to much work , --Please tell me when , say we have a clean 4.10 ver ready to go , full updateing to new ver and all the latest mods will be a 1 or 2 or so ,clicks install ?? ---PLEASE !!! ,,,,, Not giving up on CLOD , but would like to be ready for alternative, if needed... If CLOD goes ( MMO ) or any kind of monthly fee or paying $$ for seperate a/c or anything like that , I will be #^%$* DONE with CLOD , --except for the version i have now ..... I hope 1C is listining ?? --But they prob would not care anyways ???---Thank you ...........

IL2 4.10.1 and UP 3.0RC4 for now :)

Tvrdi
Jun-02-2012, 15:53
HSFX 6.0 final version is in final testing...that works with 4.11.1!

MOHAWK
Jun-02-2012, 16:27
First off , Thanks Bliss for the info , and ? for Tvrdi or anyone who can answer ---- just what the Hell is the difference between UP and HSFX --have been trying to find out for years and best answer i ever got was ,UP is better or HSFX is better !!---- I am sitting on a clean copy of 4.11 and dont think i can go back to 4.10.1 without reloading the whole thing over again ? and If I remember correctly installing the -UP3.0RC4 was a royal pain in the ass, and how and where would I be able to add the .1 to my 4.11 to make 4.11.1 ?==== AM NOT GIVING UP ON CLOD , just getting a backup incase the ENEMY (MMO) rears its UGLY HEAD....

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-02-2012, 16:49
I'm with Mohawk: trying to get 1946 where it needs to be

Right now updated to 4.11.1m

Now !! what is "UP 30RC4

and what is HSFX ??

also Bliss ::: what multiplayer room are you using that would have the full realism ?

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-02-2012, 16:55
I'm with Mohawk: trying to get 1946 where it needs to be

Right now updated to 4.11.1m

Now !! what is "UP 30RC4

and what is HSFX ??

also Bliss ::: what multiplayer room are you using that would have the full realism ?

Hey Knucks,

You need to only be up to 4.10.1 :blush!: 4.11.1 and UP 3.0RC4 are not compatible!

There's no room yet, we're just doing some testing atm. Server is up, but we don't have it visible yet.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-02-2012, 17:05
Hey Knucks,

You need to only be up to 4.10.1 :blush!: 4.11.1 and UP 3.0RC4 are not compatible!

There's no room yet, we're just doing some testing atm. Server is up, but we don't have it visible yet.

Perfect: starting to all make sense . Appreciate the info Downloading (or actually deleting) as i type.:thumbsup:

MOHAWK
Jun-02-2012, 18:07
OK Knuckles: fill me in , just what was it you are deleting to turn back your 4.11 to 4.10.1 , not a complete reinstall i hope , and did it work ok ?? = its been awile since i played around in the il-2 strum files ...

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-02-2012, 18:17
yeah complete uninstall and re-load. No other way that I know. Took about 45 minutes: The Steam version is 4.09m

I used the "Mega Patch" available at Mission 4 Today. (I have a link if needed)

That brought me to 4.10.1m. which is the version that ATAG will be hosting.
The UP 3.0RC4 I got at Ultrapack.il2war.com.

Not sure what that pack does , but I did install it. ATAG server is being worked on as I type, so I will wait for that to start tweaking to make this work

P.S. I know several folkes has talked about a "Hawker Seafury" which at this point my version does not have.

Fried
Jun-02-2012, 18:34
DL'ing UP_3.0-RC which I assume is the full thing as i dont have any other versions, is this the correct version

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=4

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-02-2012, 18:38
DL'ing UP_3.0-RC which I assume is the full thing as i dont have any other versions, is this the correct version

Thats the one I just D/L. Not sure what it does as I havent even gone on line with this. When the ATAG server is up I will start to sort what works and what dosen't

Fried
Jun-02-2012, 18:44
ok thanks

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-02-2012, 18:49

Yes - you need to download UP 3.0RC (a really big 14 part file) then UP 3.0RC4 patch which includes all the files up to UP 3.0RC4. (the latest build)

Here's the link for RC4: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=3

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-02-2012, 20:22
First off , Thanks Bliss for the info , and ? for Tvrdi or anyone who can answer ---- just what the Hell is the difference between UP and HSFX --have been trying to find out for years and best answer i ever got was ,UP is better or HSFX is better !!---- I am sitting on a clean copy of 4.11 and dont think i can go back to 4.10.1 without reloading the whole thing over again ? and If I remember correctly installing the -UP3.0RC4 was a royal pain in the ass, and how and where would I be able to add the .1 to my 4.11 to make 4.11.1 ?==== AM NOT GIVING UP ON CLOD , just getting a backup incase the ENEMY (MMO) rears its UGLY HEAD....

Mohawk,

To the best of my knowledge, UltraPack is basically a large group of mods suitable for about every need where as HSFX is designed ground up for online "dynamic" wars. Scorched Earth (SEOW) was one of them.

http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/Main_Page

Which is "better"...each to his own I guess. Personally, I like 4.11.1. It has much of the over-heating associated with proper engine management. I look forward to trying out HSFX 6 for that reason once it is released, which will be soon I hope. Especially given the UltraPack will not be compatible with 4.11.1 but keep 4.10.1 as it's base.

Another feature I like about HSFX it that it is one download, one install. Make it RC2 and ensure everyone is on the same page...not additional "mods" allowed.

I hope this helped somewhat. There is someone out there with much more knowledge than I have on the topic...hopefully they will chime in as well.

~S~

Deacon

MOHAWK
Jun-02-2012, 21:36
Yes Deacon : that helped alot , I also searched abit more and found that the --FM in most of the A/C in HSFX are different then IL-2 's FM's or UP's ,-- they were made by a guy named Aachens , a Professional Aircraft Engineer, here is a link if you would like to read it ----- look down the page abit to a poster named (Mustang) = interesting ... anyways What To Do Now ? I guess the 0nly -Smart- thing to do is keep my 4.09/up2.01 where I have all my FMB's (dont wanna lose those ) and keep my clean 4.11 and install HSFX 6 FINAL when it comes out , and make a new folder and install -ANOTHER- copy for 4.10.1 and install UP 3.0RC4 =WTF here we go again ....... thanks for the info Deacon...
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/archive/index.php/t-23361.html .

edit= added lower link, first one would not highlight for some reason= removed it ....

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-02-2012, 21:49
Hummmmm

I have 4.10.1m D/L UP 3.0RC not sure what that achieved but when I D/L UP3.0RC4 1946 will no longer open.

This is at least keeping me from being frustrated with CloD :thumbsup:

MOHAWK
Jun-02-2012, 22:01
Knuckles: If I were you --I would buy atleast 3 packs of Smokes now --100's /no filters = your gonna need um .????????????

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-02-2012, 22:21
Hummmmm

I have 4.10.1m D/L UP 3.0RC not sure what that achieved but when I D/L UP3.0RC4 1946 will no longer open.

This is at least keeping me from being frustrated with CloD :thumbsup:

Knuckles, get with me tomorrow if you see me on comms, will try to help work you through it...

Fried
Jun-03-2012, 05:18
Looking at this page http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=1 it says Ultr@Pack version 3.0 RC4 but when I click the torrent link it takes me to the torrent I am downloading which is just called UP_3.0-RC.torrent, I am guessing but is that where your install has gone wrong Knuckles in that UP_3.0-RC is actually RC4, clear as mud is it not :scream:

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Jun-03-2012, 07:57
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is growing weary of the current situation. IMO since the alpha patch release the game is not as fun. Combat is not as diverse as it was, the matchup is mostly Spit II v 109E so each confrontation plays out the same. I find myself playing more and more 1946. The 4.11 AI and temperature changes are pretty amazing. It would be great to see an ATAG HSFX 6 server when it's released. Like others have said it's an easy install and for my money has the best sounds & effects of all the mods.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-03-2012, 10:08
Deacon and Fried: I'll work on this more today (Sunday) theres an answer for everything concerning computers, I'm patient, no big rush

and Finger: ATAG is working on a server now :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Jun-03-2012, 10:45
Seems more than a few of us been feeling the same about CloD at much the same time. I haven't flown it for over 2 weeks now. Been flying 1946 and havin a ball. For the guys who are confused over the various versions hang in there and try to get on coms with some1 who knows the ropes. It's not that hard but it can look daunting. I'd be happy to help but haven't been on coms for a while. One of the real pluses with UP3 is the ability to jump into a multicrewed plane at any time...as well as more flyables like the B5N2 (Jap "Kate" torpedo bomber) and Curtiss P36 (both unavailable in 4.11.1m). Made myself a cool Pearl Harbor map and been havin a blast. Sure 1946 doesn't have the graphics of CloD but the options, maps, flyables and pretty darn good FMs make it a lotta fun still.
Anyway, was just gettin too frustrated in CloD. PKed one too many times and like bangin ur head against a brick wall it felt pretty good when I stopped. Let the one trick 109 pony jocks have at it. I too hope that the CloD devs get the sim where it should be FMs and all but personally I just wanna have (serious) fun again.

Furious
Jun-03-2012, 13:16
1C.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tVtfDTqJs

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-03-2012, 14:49
Looking at this page http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=1 it says Ultr@Pack version 3.0 RC4 but when I click the torrent link it takes me to the torrent I am downloading which is just called UP_3.0-RC.torrent, I am guessing but is that where your install has gone wrong Knuckles in that UP_3.0-RC is actually RC4, clear as mud is it not :scream:

Fried - the torrent link is for UP 3.0RC. It's a big file, I think around 8 gigs in size. The UP 3.0RC4 is the patch for UP 3.0RC and is only around 200-300 megs in size.
Hope that helps. :runaway:

MOHAWK
Jun-03-2012, 15:05
Can someone tell me -where - what the file name is for the key bindings - in IL-2 STRUM -- its been awile ,,,,, i need to copy the ones from my 4.09 ver the the new 4.10.1 ver ???? --i did not over write the 4.09 , have seperate o9 -10.1 -and 11.1 vers ,,I looked in where i thought it would be ,and then some, to no avail....Thanks..

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-03-2012, 15:14
Can someone tell me -where - what the file name is for the key bindings - in IL-2 STRUM -- its been awile ,,,,, i need to copy the ones from my 4.09 ver the the new 4.10.1 ver ???? --i did not over write the 4.09 , have seperate o9 -10.1 -and 11.1 vers ,,I looked in where i thought it would be ,and then some, to no avail....Thanks..

Hi Mohawk,

It's under users then by default the folder is called "doe" as in the default pilot name in game. In the doe folder or it could be named your online name there's a folder called settings.ini. That should be it! :thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Jun-03-2012, 16:01
Guys, HSFX and UP are both separate MODS for IL2 46. Latest version of UP (v3.0) is working only with 4.10.1 version of the game while HSFX 6.0 (which is in final testing and will be released very soon) is based on 4.11.1. version of the game (latest version btw) and should be installed only over clean 4.11.1 version of the game. I flew both mods through years and IMHO HSFX feels more "real" (FMs comes first to my mind). Aslo bear in mind that with latest version of the game (that is 4.11.1) you got more realistic engine management/overheating modelling, new planes etc....
I installed IL" 46 (from the original DVD ofcourse) and patched it up to 4.10.1. Then I edited config.ini to get the right resolution, settings etc...applied il2fb.exe (no DVD fix) which doesnt need CD ROM in the drive and burned the whole IL2 game folder to DVD as backup. So I dont need to mess too much when I need to "install it again" (if I need).

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-03-2012, 17:55
Bliss/Watchman

is the 1946 ATAG server up on Hyperlobby or are you still testing if so can I get the server address ??

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-03-2012, 18:01
As of today Sunday I have an upgraded 1946 4.10.1m

I have downloaded the UP 3.0RC (not installed) this consists of::

UP 3.0RC Client which is a 14 part zip file

also a

UP 3.0 DF server what is this "server" and is there an order to installing

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-03-2012, 18:12
As of today Sunday I have an upgraded 1946 4.10.1m

I have downloaded the UP 3.0RC (not installed) this consists of::

UP 3.0RC Client which is a 14 part zip file

also a

UP 3.0 DF server what is this "server" and is there an order to installing

Knuckles, the DF server is for setting up a dedicated server. You want the Client install. Just extract, click on the first one, direct it to your 1946 folder ( I suggest making a back up of the 1946 folder beforehand) and they will all autoload ;)

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-03-2012, 19:02
O.K. gang seems to be all there now. I was having trouble with UP 3.0RC4, thats the one when i installed 46 would no longer launch. I re-downloaded 3.0RC4 just i case the original one was corrupt. So right now I have

4.10.1m with UP 3.0RC4

so where is that "Seafury" isn't in the above upgrades ????

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-03-2012, 19:52
WHEW !!!!!

all works, and was able to join the server:

Cripes I think I just earned my doctorate in 1946.

ya know I haven't even set up joystick commands yet :shocked:

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-04-2012, 12:35

Old_Canuck
Jun-04-2012, 15:34
I still believe CoD will be ok. There was a lot of frustration and persistent trolling in the early 2000's when FB was in it's growing pains. We got through the troll wars and it was a pleasant trip down memory lane hooking up to a few of the old FB 46 servers on HL. Since installing the alpha patch I've had no crashes CoD and even smooth sailing at 500 ft but haven't mixed it up in too many large flights yet so maybe I'm not a credible witness.

MOHAWK
Jun-04-2012, 15:47
??? for anyone with answer---being I am not that internet Savy, before I call my internet provider (time warner cable ) and threaten to "De-Nut" them for regulating my down load speed , what is going on here ?? I downloaded the UP3.0rc4 file this morning about 340gb in about 15 min , now I am downloading part 1 of 14 up3.0rc =i think 480mb , am 1/2 way done at 3 hrs @ 126 kp/sec --- is this ULTRAPACKS download speed or (my internet provider cutting me back )?? or (time of day thing ) ? --if it is (time warner ) ? should i use a butter knife or somthing more humain ??? ----I will wait for a reply before i pick up the phone , am also tired of waiting for download to finnish , so am going to fly some CLOD online now while its still downloading --??-- am i going to corrupt the download doing this ?? --and should re-download it later -- Thanks...

Tvrdi
Jun-04-2012, 16:31
I must say here, HSFX has more realistic FM and now with latest build in final testing (v6.0) we will got more realistic engine management (overheating etc.) and....Focke Wulfs are not super stalling machines in turns like were before...also official v4.12 of the game will have shared kill (http://youtu.be/u1sE7Ea_FdY) and taxi to take off (http://youtu.be/-FsifmxIa_8) features which will be included in future versions of HSFX (as HSFX, unlike UP is "following" official updates)....but UP is more popular on public servers....although HSFX is a MOD used in SEOW wars...

jaydee
Jun-04-2012, 16:43
Mohawk.I would advise not to play online while downloading UP3Rc4.Are u using Torrent to download ? If not try this site,youll have to register but it is one of the best IL2 1946 sites and has a big "Knowledge Base"section to answer your questions. It has UP3rc4,HSFX 5 and Dark Blue world for download !Hope it helps mate !.......http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&c=95

jaydee
Jun-04-2012, 16:56
if any one is having trouble with UP3 !....http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/board,9.0.html?PHPSESSID=o0enegbpacval75jgk3n4oceo 5

TUSA/Nuwen
Jun-05-2012, 21:20
IF you guys want to give the '46 a try using 4.10.1 + UP 3.0RC4, the Ghostskies crew is having a couple of 'Bomber Night' missions flying 1945 plane sets as an intermission between the current 'Battle of Bulge' campaign stages.

Its an open server tonight starting at around 8:30 pm CT in the US - come join us thru the Hyperlobby - just look for the Ghostskies server and pick a side.

Hope to see a couple of you there!

Doc
Jun-06-2012, 02:22
Hi Nuwen

ATAG Dedicated Server For UP 3.0 RC4.

Check the front stats page at the bottom. :)

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-06-2012, 11:32
Hi Nuwen

ATAG Dedicated Server For UP 3.0 RC4.

Check the front stats page at the bottom. :)

How do we find the Dedicated server? Looked on the fron bottom and saw no IP. Didn't see it in Hyperlobby either.

Catseye
Jun-06-2012, 16:15
No luck getting on to the server.
Loaded up 4.10.1 updated to UP3.0 then RC3.04

Works offlilne.

Online says it is a different version than the server.

Stuck!

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-06-2012, 16:32
Cats Fellow Bass player !!

I'm really new to 1946, however I spent about 2 days attempting to work all this out.

Here is where I didnt understand, bear with me if you know this:

when I downloaded the UP 3.0 it put an Icon on desktop that said "IL2-UP" when I clicked on that is came up as a " Generic Mod Enabler" one side had all the mods I downloaded, I had to click and drag the #UP#_Enable_UP3.0 to the "activate Mods side and close After that when I opened 1946 I now have the UP 3.0RC4 version that works in multiplayer

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-06-2012, 16:35
No luck getting on to the server.
Loaded up 4.10.1 updated to UP3.0 then RC3.04

Works offlilne.

Online says it is a different version than the server.

Stuck!

Are you sure you have Hyperlobby pointed to the correct IL2 install? (I have like 3 installs!)

If you load up the game just with the IL2fb.exe do you show version 4.10.1 with UP3.0RC4 in game for the version number? and not 4.11.1?

Tvrdi
Jun-07-2012, 04:47
Are you sure you have Hyperlobby pointed to the correct IL2 install? (I have like 3 installs!)

If you load up the game just with the IL2fb.exe do you show version 4.10.1 with UP3.0RC4 in game for the version number? and not 4.11.1?

Exactly what I did and it took me 2 hrs and one reinstall to realize how dumb I was (I have HSFX version of the game too) :blush!:

ATAG_Septic
Jun-07-2012, 07:22

Hi Chaps,

I'm also unable to join via HL. I get the connection rejected error, which says I have a different version and the server needs 4.10.1m + MDSv1.2 for UPv1.2RC2.

I didn't keep a vanilla version (in error) and only have the 4.10.1 with UP3, which starts and runs off line, reporting the correct version. But, when I point HL to this same executable I get the error.

I've searched for other il2 executables and there's five on my pc. The one I use is in the UBisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder (I didn't buy through Steam). There's one in UBisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder\JSGMEMODS\#UP#_Enable_UP3\il2. One's just in a download folder and there's two in root\UP_3.0RC\jsgemods. I didn't expect the other exe's to work but tried them just-in-case with no luck.

I'd be pulling my hair out but it's getting a bit thin as it is so any suggestions appreciated :)

Septic.

Fried
Jun-07-2012, 09:30
Ok I got mine sorted, I was in the same position last night as you Septic with the rejected connection and instead went to the clod server for a play, which only made me determined to get 46 working after being shot down by my own team 2 mins after my first take-off :shocked: (seen this quite a bit lately) and then have a 109 fly straight into me as he had run out of ammo on my 2nd take-off :angry: and then spinning out alot after stupidly changing my joystick sensetivity for no reason :blush!: (stressful gaming experiance last night).

I thought UP.3 (6gb torrent dl) was the final version and included RC4 but it doesnt( I know everyone has been telling me this is not the case ) so I downloaded the RC4 patch from http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=3 and just tried it and connected straight away (well after a while waiting for it to load) now I just need to setup my X52 and I will be ready to go :hpyclp:

ATAG_Septic
Jun-07-2012, 10:33
Ok I got mine sorted, I was in the same position last night as you Septic with the rejected connection and instead went to the clod server for a play, which only made me determined to get 46 working after being shot down by my own team 2 mins after my first take-off :shocked: (seen this quite a bit lately) and then have a 109 fly straight into me as he had run out of ammo on my 2nd take-off :angry: and then spinning out alot after stupidly changing my joystick sensetivity for no reason :blush!: (stressful gaming experiance last night).

I thought UP.3 (6gb torrent dl) was the final version and included RC4 but it doesnt( I know everyone has been me this is not the case ) so I downloaded the RC4 patch from http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=3 and just tried it and connected straight away (well after a while waiting for it to load) now I just need to setup my X52 and I will be ready to go :hpyclp:

Thanks for posting this Fried, I'll give it a try.:thumbsup:

Septic.

Catseye
Jun-07-2012, 18:01
Hi Chaps,

I'm also unable to join via HL. I get the connection rejected error, which says I have a different version and the server needs 4.10.1m + MDSv1.2 for UPv1.2RC2.

Septic.

This is the same error I get and I have 4.10.1 and RC 3.04 loaded. It does show this version when I'm off line.

I'll check to see where HL is pointed.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-07-2012, 18:19
Cats: when you click on the 1946 start up icon do you get

Ultra Pack Start up Icon that says " Start IL-2 Now

then the 1946 start up page comes up and should show version ::

"UP 3.0 RC4 Based on 401.1m Patch"

78thFG_Doodle
Jun-07-2012, 18:48
~Salute!~ All,

My callsign is 78thFG_Doodle, I'm one of the co-commanders of the 78th Virtual Fighter Group a historical USAAF 8th Air Force Unit. The 78th pilots have been in search of a new server that runs UP3 RC4 when we're not flying the Ghost Skies Tactical Campaign and it looks to be that we've found it, if it would be okay to advertise the ATAG IL-2 Server on other forums then we'd happily do so. Expect to see some 78th pilot's flying around in P-38s, P-47s, and P-51s, we'll do our best to support the server through and through.

Blue Skies, Happy Landings.

-Doodle

Co-Group Commander 78th Fighter Group, "Above the Foe!".

Catseye
Jun-07-2012, 19:12
Cats: when you click on the 1946 start up icon do you get

Ultra Pack Start up Icon that says " Start IL-2 Now

then the 1946 start up page comes up and should show version ::

"UP 3.0 RC4 Based on 401.1m Patch"

I found the problem.
There is a "wide Screen" folder from RC3.0 left from the RC3.0 install.
When you load the RC3.04 mod AND the widescreen it reverts back to RC3.0 because the .sfs file is being overwritten by the widescreen files. Loading the widescreen first has the .sfs file overwritten by the RC3.04 .sfs file so you get 4.10.1 plus RC3.04 but NO widescreen.

Tested this with ATAG online and it starts fine if I do not use the widescreen.

Gotta have the widescreen to be safe from you guys. :)

So what i need, is a widescreen folder that works with RC3.04.

Does anyone have widescreen working with RC3.04. If so, I could sure use your files. . . . or point me to where I can get the correct one?

Cheers

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-07-2012, 20:45
~Salute!~ All,

My callsign is 78thFG_Doodle, I'm one of the co-commanders of the 78th Virtual Fighter Group a historical USAAF 8th Air Force Unit. The 78th pilots have been in search of a new server that runs UP3 RC4 when we're not flying the Ghost Skies Tactical Campaign and it looks to be that we've found it, if it would be okay to advertise the ATAG IL-2 Server on other forums then we'd happily do so. Expect to see some 78th pilot's flying around in P-38s, P-47s, and P-51s, we'll do our best to support the server through and through.

-Doodle

Hi Doodle - welcome :)

We're just days in starting the server so still very wet behind the ears with everything. I think it will be a few weeks before we get some sort of mission rotation going. It's been a while since many of us have touched the FMB in 46 and lots of things have changed! I think that's great for the advertisement, but we are not quite there yet. :blush!: Hopefully we'll be all up to speed in a few weeks/months though.

I found the problem.
When you load the RC3.04 mod AND the widescreen it reverts back to RC3.0 because the .sfs file is being overwritten by the widescreen files. Loading the widescreen first has the .sfs file overwritten by the RC3.04 .sfs file so you get 4.10.1 plus RC3.04 but NO widescreen.

Does anyone have widescreen working with RC3.04. If so, I could sure use your files. . . . or point me to where I can get the correct one?

Cheers

Hey Catseye - make sure you enable UP 3.0 first within the mod enabler then add the widescreen or widescreen/hakencruz after that. For some reason if UP 3.0 is listed on top in the mod enabler (meaning you enabled it last) you'll have that problem.

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-07-2012, 21:06
~Salute!~ All,

-Doodle

Hey Doodle,

Long, long time my friend. Welcome to ATAG! :thumbsup:

~S~

Deacon

Catseye
Jun-07-2012, 21:13
Hi Doodle - welcome :)

We're just days in starting the server so still very wet behind the ears with everything. I think it will be a few weeks before we get some sort of mission rotation going. It's been a while since many of us have touched the FMB in 46 and lots of things have changed! I think that's great for the advertisement, but we are not quite there yet. :blush!: Hopefully we'll be all up to speed in a few weeks/months though.

Hey Catseye - make sure you enable UP 3.0 first within the mod enabler then add the widescreen or widescreen/hakencruz after that. For some reason if UP 3.0 is listed on top in the mod enabler (meaning you enabled it last) you'll have that problem.

HI Bliss,
Doesn't work. BUT . . . . . . I found a widescreen for 3.0RC4 that has been modified to work.

Here is the link. It works just fine.
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,5254.msg46955.html#msg46955

Cheers.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-07-2012, 21:17
HI Bliss,
Doesn't work. BUT . . . . . . I found a widescreen for 3.0RC4 that has been modified to work.

Here is the link. It works just fine.
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,5254.msg46955.html#msg46955

Cheers.

Nice find, Catseye. I thought the widescreen support was only while in a plane. Thanks for posting the link! :thumbsup:

I guess I had mine turned on for nothing. :Grin:

jaydee
Jun-08-2012, 05:49
I found the problem.

Cheers

Catseye,not sure if anyone suggested this yet ! Go to JSGME.exe inside your installation ,double click and select wide screen support ! ~S~

78thFG_Doodle
Jun-08-2012, 10:38
Hey Doodle,

Long, long time my friend. Welcome to ATAG! :thumbsup:

~S~

Deacon

Heya Deacon! Good to see ya man, indeed it's been a longtime.

Blue Skies,

-Doodle

Co-Commanding Officer, 78th Fighter Group "Above the Foe!"

Catseye
Jun-08-2012, 13:16
Nice find, Catseye. I thought the widescreen support was only while in a plane. Thanks for posting the link! :thumbsup:

I guess I had mine turned on for nothing. :Grin:

Anytime.
Unfortunately for me, it will add to your S.A. :happy

Old_Canuck
Jun-11-2012, 10:37
Heya Deacon! Good to see ya man, indeed it's been a longtime.

Blue Skies,

-Doodle

Co-Commanding Officer, 78th Fighter Group "Above the Foe!"

:salute: Doodle. Good to see you post here. Will look for you on comms. while on ATAG 46.

78thFG_Doodle
Jun-12-2012, 18:35
Sounds good, OC. Awesome to see some old IL-2 buddies on here. Can't wait until ATAG gets up and running.

Blue Skies,

-Doodle

Co-Group Commander, 78th Fighter Group "Above the Foe!"