PDA

View Full Version : PC Powerplay Team Fusion Interview - article now available online to read

Mysticpuma
Apr-19-2015, 03:47
There were more pictures in the magazine but here's the article that was published. Thanks to Bennett for the interview and publicity, cheers, MP

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/il2-cliffs-of-dover-a-diamond-in-the-rough,402432

ATAG_Ezzie
Apr-19-2015, 04:22
Nice - thanks for the link MP.

Ezzie

Volunteer
Apr-19-2015, 04:51
Team Fusion rocks! :thumbsup:

The article is a testament to the Team's endeavour, passion and accomplishments. :dthumb:

Five stars.

II/JG77_RC
Apr-19-2015, 05:54
Totally Awesome.

Great to see TF getting some extremely well deserved publicity.

Team Fusion Rocks !

~S~ !

AKA_Knutsac
Apr-19-2015, 07:39
Thanks TF, you guys are the best!

~S~

AKA Knutsac

spartan18a
Apr-19-2015, 09:13
Excellent! They deserve all the recognition. [emoji7]

Ohms
Apr-19-2015, 09:32
Excellent! They deserve all the recognition. [emoji7]

+1000

farley
Apr-19-2015, 09:53
Great article. Didn't think it possible, but increases even further my respect and admiration for the TF members!

Again, many thanks for the time and effort they put into making COD the excellent sim that it is.

:thumbsup: :salute:

JG27-Gaidin
Apr-19-2015, 10:06
Excellent article! Glad to see Team Fusion getting the recognition they deserve! Salute Guys! Without you, there would be a whole bunch of us found nekkid in towers with high powered rifles! I thank you for your humanitarian contributions!

Gaidin

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-19-2015, 12:44
Nice one MP, you are even more famous now! :D

Glad he ended with your quote, too true.

GunnyMac
Apr-19-2015, 14:03
"They do it for the love of it." and we love what you do...THANK YOU! T.F.

keeno
Apr-19-2015, 16:42
A really great honest and accurate article.

I really enjoyed reading it and the well deserved praise heaped on TF for the hard work and dedication from a grateful community.

Well done and keep up the sterling efforts.

Cheers

Blitzen
Apr-19-2015, 16:48
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/Enemyace_zps9dd7c523.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/Enemyace_zps9dd7c523.jpg.html):thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-19-2015, 17:08
One thing which is wrong with the article... the writer blames Oleg for the release being bug ridden.

Oleg was long gone when the release happened.

He had resigned to work on a project in the industrial field.

I do not believe Oleg would have agreed to a release of CoD in the condition it was in.

In fact, I wonder if his resignation might have been related to policy disagreements with the publishers as to the release timetable. (my speculation)

In my opinion, another six months of full time work by the development team would have solved all the bugs which existed when it went 'Gold'.

TF was able to solve most of the problems in just a little more time, and we had no access to the tools the developers had.

I, and I believe most of the members of TF, believe the game Oleg created was a tremendous piece of software which just needed more time to complete.

Blade_Meister
Apr-22-2015, 12:19
One thing which is wrong with the article... the writer blames Oleg for the release being bug ridden.

Oleg was long gone when the release happened.

He had resigned to work on a project in the industrial field.

I do not believe Oleg would have agreed to a release of CoD in the condition it was in.

In fact, I wonder if his resignation might have been related to policy disagreements with the publishers as to the release timetable. (my speculation)

In my opinion, another six months of full time work by the development team would have solved all the bugs which existed when it went 'Gold'.

TF was able to solve most of the problems in just a little more time, and we had no access to the tools the developers had.

I, and I believe most of the members of TF, believe the game Oleg created was a tremendous piece of software which just needed more time to complete.

+1, thanks to all the guys on the TF team for keeping CLOD going in great fashion.

S!Blade<><

IIJG27Rich
Apr-22-2015, 15:46
That article link must be added to every flight sim page on the internet :)

buster_dee
Apr-23-2015, 06:46
Too much spin for my taste. "Over-reaching" is a dirty word for raising the bar. It's too convenient a dismissal in order to pull an article together. It also purports to know what can't be known: what Ilya et al knew he could do if given continued support. Oleg believed that was the case even after the hammer had fallen. Look, lets give TF all the credit due, but lets not perpetuate assumptions to do so. I know the sympathies are well-intentioned, and maybe sensitive to a drop in play that is not fair to the effort TF is putting in. But I like to think we still appreciate who started this gem. It was not an arbitrary lump of coal made a diamond. it was a rough diamond that already had the potential built in.

I know I've probably hurt my welcome here, but I am not a fan of painting a horse to make a zebra.

Bewolf
Apr-23-2015, 10:04
Too much spin for my taste. "Over-reaching" is a dirty word for raising the bar. It's too convenient a dismissal in order to pull an article together. It also purports to know what can't be known: what Ilya et al knew he could do if given continued support. Oleg believed that was the case even after the hammer had fallen. Look, lets give TF all the credit due, but lets not perpetuate assumptions to do so. I know the sympathies are well-intentioned, and maybe sensitive to a drop in play that is not fair to the effort TF is putting in. But I like to think we still appreciate who started this gem. It was not an arbitrary lump of coal made a diamond. it was a rough diamond that already had the potential built in.

I know I've probably hurt my welcome here, but I am not a fan of painting a horse to make a zebra.

I agree that it indeed was a rough diamont, aand showing as such even back in those days. But I also think that was said there, actually this even is the headline of the article, another line beeing "the framework for a truly ground-breaking simulator". The rest is personal opinion, which is fine as long it is taken as such.

I think everybody will agree that Maddox game laid those foundation, I also think this here speaks for itself:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/Mysticpuma/Oleg_zpsaphjjmri.jpg

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-23-2015, 11:49

buster dee from what i know of Team Fusion they wont take your observations on a "bad way" (excuse for my poor expression in english - not my natural language). I have had the pleasure of taking part on the beta testing team of latest team fusion patch and with all the interaction ive got was always in a way to honour who had started this marvellous sim. They do know CLOD is Olegs "children", but Team Fusion is the one who is taking CLOD to kindergarden. And yes i say kindergarden for a reason, without the technichal background evry expression i have heard from what is inside the game engine, due to Olegs work, is just absolutely insane. Team Fusion works to put his vision into a proper and playable state. Bringing up the child is a honourable work.

To get a idea of how detailed it is i remember Bliss speaking about the altitude indicator of a plane. Oleg research managed to get those instruments to work with the 1940 standards, ie, with the error of those instruments, with their imprecision due to time technology. How insane is that? And you can find examples like those in my aspects of the game who have just now barely started to emerge. We have seen the game running but im a believer we will see many more "ooohs and aaahs" when Team Fusion decides to unveil what else is under the hood.

Kudos to evryone.

P.S. I just remember, in MysticPuma video about patch 4.0, on the dashpic bit... check what picture is there ;)

Link https://vimeo.com/77082835 Check minute 1:58

Bewolf
Apr-23-2015, 12:41
What I hope is that they readd the imprecise indictators that were present in the initial release, where the intrsument needles actually showed a lot of vibration and shaking at certain settings. It added a huge chunk of immersion. Unluckily it was traken out due to some ppl complaining about it.

ATAG_Colander
Apr-23-2015, 12:51
Some things where removed to avoid confusion/complaints.
For example, originally there where random differences between planes so each time you spawned, you could get a plane that was slower, overheated more and what not.
This was not good when telling people "the plane X has Y top speed" or "Plane X overheats after 5 minutes of Y RPMs".

Perhaps once everyone trusts TF FM work, details like those could be added again.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-23-2015, 12:59
Some things where removed to avoid confusion/complaints.
For example, originally there where random differences between planes so each time you spawned, you could get a plane that was slower, overheated more and what not.
This was not good when telling people "the plane X has Y top speed" or "Plane X overheats after 5 minutes of Y RPMs".

Perhaps once everyone trusts TF FM work, details like those could be added again.

Althought interesting, that feature wasnt at all popular for online playing, for obvious reasons. Maybe a tickbox for offline (or even online servers who would play with that feature in mind) could be something to be reintroduce. Personnaly i dont know if i would like or not that feature. Im undecided.

1lokos
Apr-23-2015, 13:31
To get a idea of how detailed it is i remember Bliss speaking about the altitude indicator of a plane.
Oleg research managed to get those instruments to work with the 1940 standards, ie, with the error of those instruments, with their imprecision due to time technology. How insane is that?

Unfortunately I read many gamer's criticizing these effects, in Bananas or in this new game forum...

Teetwo
Apr-26-2015, 06:04
I personally would not mind these features as long as they were consistent for the life of the aircraft. I would not be such a fan of them if every time I spawned my aircrafts performance was different.

Now if I lose an aircraft or it's damaged beyond repair that's a different story because it's a new aircraft and I would expect it to perform a little different then my last aircraft.

I also think allowing something like this to be optional is the way to go. Allowing less experienced pilots the ability to work into more realistic settings is helpful in keeping and bring new pilots into the hobby.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-26-2015, 14:24
We could add all manner of levels of difficulty to the sim... but the question is, how many would be happy?

'Noobies' coming into the game have a fairly steep learning curve as it is, something like variable quality, or random mechanical failure, or seriously nasty gusts and wind conditions might drive them away permanently.

Not sure there is a big enough community to have separate 'Noob' servers.

Continu0
Apr-27-2015, 19:30
Not sure there is a big enough community yet to have separate 'Noob' servers.

Corrected that for you... ;-)

ATAG_Colander
Apr-27-2015, 19:37
:) that's the TF spirit!

buster_dee
Apr-27-2015, 19:49
Unfortunately I read many gamer's criticizing these effects, in Bananas or in this new game forum...

To take it a step further, troubleshooting steps in one of the B-24 manuals says that, if a gauge becomes steady, suspect that an inverter is failing or has already failed and the wrong value is being displayed. Be ready to switch to the other inverter so you can get your nice fluctuating gauge back (I'm paraphrasing of course).

GunSlingerAUS
Apr-30-2015, 02:50
Hey gents

I'm the lucky guy who got to write that article, and am glad you found it an enjoyable read. I love hearing your feedback, so if there's anything you'd like to ask, feel free. The purpose of the feature was to celebrate the work of the TF team, and to also let tens of thousands of readers know all about this incredible sim. I'm truly amazed at the efforts of the TF team, and was similarly disappointed by the launch state of IL2, which may be why I came across as a little negative towards Oleg and the original product. I meant no disrespect.

Sadly I haven't been able to fly the game for several months, as I recently moved house and haven't set up my cockpit again yet - but I'll be up in the big blue skies before you know it!

buster_dee
Apr-30-2015, 06:41
Sadly I haven't been able to fly the game for several months, as I recently moved house and haven't set up my cockpit again yet - but I'll be up in the big blue skies before you know it!

Next time, stay in the cockpit and fly the house to its next location.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-30-2015, 14:02
Thanks for the article Gunslinger. :thumbsup:

Hey gents

I'm the lucky guy who got to write that article, and am glad you found it an enjoyable read. I love hearing your feedback, so if there's anything you'd like to ask, feel free. The purpose of the feature was to celebrate the work of the TF team, and to also let tens of thousands of readers know all about this incredible sim. I'm truly amazed at the efforts of the TF team, and was similarly disappointed by the launch state of IL2, which may be why I came across as a little negative towards Oleg and the original product. I meant no disrespect.

ATAG_Eshark
May-10-2015, 10:20
Deserved praise for team fusion,and what an editorial accolade to add to your achievements well done fellas

ATAG_Eshark
May-10-2015, 10:54
Deserved praise for team fusion,and what an editorial accolade to add to your achievements well done fellas