PDA

View Full Version : BF-109 training request.

jester_
Apr-22-2015, 11:51
I want to get some serious training in with the BF-109. I have a pretty good understand of how to operate it, but there's nothing wrong with refreshing the basics and maybe learning some things I didn't know before. I'm on US West, and can make pretty much any time. My landings can really stand to use some work, along with aerial gunnery. I'd like to start out at level 1 and go up through level 3 (maybe not in one session, but depends on the instructor if they are up for that.)

I have a good understanding of flight sims, but my experience is primarily in jets, specifically the F-16 and the F/A-18. Propellers are still a mystery to me.

DoubleStandards
Apr-22-2015, 19:49
~S~ jester,

A little disappointed to see all the views and no responses to your request. I cant really give instructions on the 109 as I am far from "skilled" with it, buy I can help out with CEM, landing and take-off. I am currently working on tactics, but its hard to do solo(and deadly). Mostly I can offer to wing up with you if you see me on TS. I am in Arizona, so it shouldn't be to hard for us to link up.

As far as a good instructor, I would suggest looking up Heiden. While he rubs some people the wrong way(not sure why), he knows how to handle to 109. He has been gracious enough to take me on a training flight with his wing man Savage, and I look forward to more detailed training with them.

DS

Cybermat47
Apr-22-2015, 21:28
I can give some advice when it comes to gunnery.

Wait until the target fills up the windscreen before firing. Use the cannons and MGs. If you're in a dogfight, which I don't exactly recommend, use the MGs if you're unsure of a hit.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-22-2015, 21:58
Didnt had time to post a reply, but yes, jump on TS and we will give you the basic to start handling the plane on competitive way. If you see me on TS just contact me.

jester_
Apr-23-2015, 03:10
As far as a good instructor, I would suggest looking up Heiden. While he rubs some people the wrong way(not sure why), he knows how to handle to 109. He has been gracious enough to take me on a training flight with his wing man Savage, and I look forward to more detailed training with them.

DS

I've thought about reaching out to him as I watch a lot of his videos and learned a lot, and I greatly respect him as a pilot, but at the same time, I don't want to intrude on his time playing the game. I'll jump on Teamspeak some time this weekend and hopefully find a group I can link up with to fly a sortie from start to end. Although my formation flying in the 109 is pretty awful :D

DoubleStandards
Apr-23-2015, 15:05
I've thought about reaching out to him as I watch a lot of his videos and learned a lot, and I greatly respect him as a pilot, but at the same time, I don't want to intrude on his time playing the game. I'll jump on Teamspeak some time this weekend and hopefully find a group I can link up with to fly a sortie from start to end. Although my formation flying in the 109 is pretty awful :D

Just shoot him a PM. That's how we got hooked up.

I find formation flying much easier in the 109 than in the Spitfire for some reason. Just wish I saw as much formation flying on Blue as I did when I was flying Red. :-)

3./JG51_Heiden
Apr-23-2015, 15:52
PM me. We will get you hooked up.

jester_
Apr-23-2015, 16:19
PM me. We will get you hooked up.

PM sent! Thanks Heiden! And thanks everyone who responded!