PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain Wings of Victory Multiplayer

bob2w
Apr-25-2015, 00:24
Hi All

does anyone here play Battle of britain 2 wings of victory?
just trying to find a group of people who could help refine the multiplayer code for bob2
not sure if anyone can help here but i just wanted to give it a shot

more on BOB2 WOV here:- http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/

it's an older title, which had clickable cockpits, the ai and gameplay is superb, just graphics is a little dated
though still good.

Bob2w

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-25-2015, 04:29
Game never had Multiplayer worth anything.

Not sure you could do much with it.

Game was pretty good single player... still has some amazing campaigns considering.

Huge numbers of aircraft in the air. Very good AI.

Dated graphics of course.

Hi All

does anyone here play Battle of britain 2 wings of victory?
just trying to find a group of people who could help refine the multiplayer code for bob2
not sure if anyone can help here but i just wanted to give it a shot

more on BOB2 WOV here:- http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/

it's an older title, which had clickable cockpits, the ai and gameplay is superb, just graphics is a little dated
though still good.

Bob2w

9./JG52_J-HAT
Apr-25-2015, 06:42
Game never had Multiplayer worth anything.

Not sure you could do much with it.

I think that is exactly what he is after: people who would help him improve that aspect. By improving the code.

=AFJ=Oracle
Apr-25-2015, 13:03
I still play the game for the campaign mode, but as noted the multiplayer code was not good and the still active modding community has not been able to improve on it.

You already found the community on the A2A Simulations site and can ask your questions there. It's been asked many times. :)

javelina
Apr-25-2015, 13:11
I enjoyed playing it in SP. A great campaign and all. But ever since finding CloD, I quickly made the change. After coming across the whole TF thingy, they really gave things a kick in the pants. :thumbsup:

Good luck with BoBWoV. She's been a good sim. :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-25-2015, 14:35
I think that is exactly what he is after: people who would help him improve that aspect. By improving the code.

And as I mentioned, I don't think it is a good candidate for online play... the game as it stands is extremely limited, from what I remember it was capable of 4-8 players online at most and there were many issues.

And Team Fusion is not a good place to look for volunteers, we are up to our noses in alligators trying to develop CoD as it is.

Mysticpuma
Apr-25-2015, 15:09
It's fair to say though.....the Ai was pretty awesome.

3m 25secs seconds great turn fight

then 5m 15secs rolling scissors with the AI

Then 9m 20secs the damaged Ai while trying to turn goes into a stall spin and crashes.....loved the SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lPmkkBFT8M

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-25-2015, 16:16
It's fair to say though.....the Ai was pretty awesome.

3m 25secs seconds great turn fight

then 5m 15secs rolling scissors with the AI

Then 9m 20secs the damaged Ai while trying to turn goes into a stall spin and crashes.....loved the SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lPmkkBFT8M

One of the guys now with TF, Blue_Six worked on the AI and FM's for BoB II.

Mysticpuma
Apr-25-2015, 16:35
:)

bob2w
Apr-25-2015, 19:11
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses, appreciate it.

The multiplayer as it stands isn't bad, I'm more interested in lan, not online.

Anyhoo was worth a try.

Bob2w

And if anyone here thinks I didn't buy the game, to clear things up I like Bob2 so much that I bought two copies
and I have bought 6 copies of il2 COD, what nibbles at me is that I need steam to run it in lan.
If they made it so lan was an option without steam I would be happier.

=AFJ=Oracle
Apr-25-2015, 20:48
Why would you purchase multiple copies?

bob2w
Apr-26-2015, 23:15
Why would you purchase multiple copies?

For Lan I had to for cliffs of Dover.

For Bob2 I didn't have to, but I did it because it had multiplayer without steam.

I see it this way you buy it you own it, not 80%

my complaint is yes online you need to buy copies, but why buy extra copies if it is just lan

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-27-2015, 00:13
I must ask without any judgement, do you prefer BoB or Clod?

I've never played BoB, it looks great but just curious. How would CloD and TF get you and your mates to cross completely over to CloD?

bob2w
Apr-27-2015, 00:35
Bob2 buy it and play it, you will be able to make that call.

Bob2 has very good AI, On MP with two machines I test on Quick missions, depending on the AI setting you choose
they can be damn challenging, it really is like playing a human player.

I do the following on the other pc:-

-ctrl a (put the plane in computer control then either
-Padlock Previous Enemy Target is Shift-F1.
-Padlock Nearest Enemy Target is Control-F1

-then backspace

what the backspace does is puts the view in the cockpit when the enemy is somewhere in front of the plane.
then when enemy is behind you it automatically switches to an external view.

There are hundreds of planes in the air with the quick missions MP

The graphics is not on par with COD, but boy the gameplay sucks you in, to the level that your not too fussed about the graphics

you can buy the game here:- http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/ for $20
and then update the bought 2.06 version to 2.12

SoW Reddog
Apr-27-2015, 04:49
Except that it doesn't work on Win 8 I'd have bought this and had a look at it. I did hope to get some insight into how their campaign engine worked and put together raids, but unfortunately they weren't interested in sharing.

ATAG_Flare
Apr-27-2015, 20:35
I must say, I'll stick to CloD for the multiplayer, but the AI seems amazing and the tracers, sky, and plane exploding on ground effects are IMO better in in BoB II.

Flare