PDA

View Full Version : Slow running cut-out in Blenheim?

Art-J
Apr-26-2015, 09:36
Hello there.

Does slow running cut out work in Blenheim? I've been learning to fly the bird and trying to develop some non-ham-fisted method of turning the engines off (i.e. by not switching magnetos off), found some old thread suggesting the cut-out was working allright at some point, but cannot replicate it in 4.3.12 now. No matter if I use general toggle cut-out key, or separate cut-out #1 and #2 keys, or click the switches with my mouse, use fine pitch or coarse pitch, rich mixture or lean mixture, the engines keep on running happily - actually the seem to be running even better - no coughing and spluttering at idle throttle whatsoever :D.

How were the Mercuries turned off in real life and can we replicate it in CloD?

1lokos
Apr-26-2015, 11:44
After TF patch 3.12 or 4.0 "Slow running cut-out" stop work in Blenheim.

Tinkicker
Apr-27-2015, 10:55
I always switch the fuel valves off to kill the engines.

1lokos
Apr-27-2015, 11:23
Using the "useless" magneto switchs will stop too. :D

Tinkicker
Apr-27-2015, 11:55
Pretty problematic when the cockpit is shaking by due to engine damage and you have to pull back the yoke to get it out of the way to click them off though....... you can guess how I died when trying the mag switches to stop a vibrating engine the one time I thought it a great idea. :D

1lokos
Apr-27-2015, 13:10
Why I have magnetos maped on keys (bot the toggle and sequential types - need separated keys) :D

This click on commands on panel is practical in ground, before startup. I flight is very awkward.

Tinkicker
Apr-28-2015, 02:33
My keyboard is pushed well out of the way after engine start and I settle back in my chair, so all my in flight keys are mapped on my ms sidewinder 2. Most of these are for nav instrument adjustment, dropping bombs, prop pitch and radiator flaps.
My chair is a precarious item that has been known to shoot back on its castors when using the rudder pedals hard and leading to a fiery end to crosswind takeoffs. Also reclining back before taking off is a quite delicate operation, but necessary to avoid hunching up in the chair and getting aching shoulders during long missions, due to bad posture, so it is necessary to get seated before pushing the throttles up.
So keyboard tends to be pushed under the monitor and well away from easy use during flight, hence using clickable cockpit items in flight......like the fuel valves which are easily clicked.

The only items that are mapped on the keyboard that I use regularly are the flaps, gear and engine select / start from the plain vanilla game.

ATAG_Flare
Apr-28-2015, 23:44
i have fuel cocks bound to keys. I always use them to shut off the engine. Then I turn off the mags with the mouse.