PDA

View Full Version : Cleethorpes, UK - Hurricane v 109

Herr-B
Jun-08-2012, 10:36
This weekend is the Cleethorpes Festival of Flight, including at 1400 both days a Hurricane and 109 dogfight (actually a HE-1112 'Bouchon', almost the same but with a Merlin's roar).

Also appearing on both days will be a gyrocopter (woo, back to the '70s, man), Hawker Nimrod II (1930s, old chap), and Red Hawks glider display team, and the Red Devils parachute team. On Saturday will also be the Lancaster and a Tucano, Sunday will feature the Red Arrows.

I don't know how close some of the ATAG guys are - I know Septic's about a couple of hours away...

Pics will surely follow. :Grin:

ATAG_Septic
Jun-08-2012, 11:06
This weekend is the Cleethorpes Festival of Flight, including at 1400 both days a Hurricane and 109 dogfight (actually a HE-1112 'Bouchon', almost the same but with a Merlin's roar).

Also appearing on both days will be a gyrocopter (woo, back to the '70s, man), Hawker Nimrod II (1930s, old chap), and Red Hawks glider display team, and the Red Devils parachute team. On Saturday will also be the Lancaster and a Tucano, Sunday will feature the Red Arrows.

I don't know how close some of the ATAG guys are - I know Septic's about a couple of hours away...

Pics will surely follow. :Grin:

I'd not heard of the Cleethorpes shindig Herr-B, it sounds great! I'd really like to be there but had to sell the old jalopy last year. Some pics would be much appreciated though :)

Cheers,

Septic

Old_Canuck
Jun-08-2012, 15:16
Wouldn't you know it I won't be able to make it. Loaned the private jet to my wife's boyfriend.

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-08-2012, 17:18
Sounds fantastic, Herr-B. Hope the weather is excellent for the show. :thumbsup:

EDIT: and YES! Any photos or YouTube clips would be great! :hpyclp:

Herr-B
Jun-09-2012, 13:18
Weather was surprisingly good, very windy with dark clouds looming all around. Disappointingly the 109 didn't show for some reason, I'll go back tomorrow with the hope it will.

Here's the Hurricane -

There's more of the same. Also got a couple of video clips with my camera - never used this setting before so don't know how good, or bad, it turned out, yet.

ATAG_Septic
Jun-09-2012, 15:56
Weather was surprisingly good, very windy with dark clouds looming all around. Disappointingly the 109 didn't show for some reason, I'll go back tomorrow with the hope it will.

Here's the Hurricane -

There's more of the same. Also got a couple of video clips with my camera - never used this setting before so don't know how good, or bad, it turned out, yet.

Thanks for posting Herr-B, I can feel the Siberian wind off the North Sea :) Smashing pic of the Hurricane. I hope the 109 turns up for you tomorrow.

Septic.

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-09-2012, 17:38
Great shots of the Hurricane! Fingers crossed the weather holds for you tomorrow!