PDA

View Full Version : Server Bomber Formation Bug?

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jun-08-2012, 12:01
Jumped into a mission on Server one with large and frequent Bomber groups (very nice too).

One formation of 4 engine bombers (not seen this type before on ATAG or in SP - maybe Condors?) appear to be indestructible. If anyone else comes across them I would be interested to see if they had the same experience - the wing blows but they carry on flying with no damage.

Doc
Jun-08-2012, 12:42
What?

Four engine bombers?

What are they? When did we get these? :thumbsup:

Dutch
Jun-08-2012, 12:50
Eh? Is Wolf's mission with the Condors on server 1 now?

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-08-2012, 13:09
I put a new mission on about a week ago. If they can't be destroyed it's another game bug.

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-09-2012, 11:24
I put a new mission on about a week ago. If they can't be destroyed it's another game bug.

I know, I know ..... OOo OOO Pick me ....... They are flown by P O L I T I C I A N S and so they are indestructable ...... a bug works too ..... :bgsmile:

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jun-11-2012, 10:32
I cannot find that bomber listed in FMB, how do you get it into a mission so that I can test its DM?

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-11-2012, 10:42
I cannot find that bomber listed in FMB, how do you get it into a mission so that I can test its DM?

EvangelusE,

You don't need to test its DM. I had a great encounter with the FW-200's yesterday.

Hit the wing root at convergence range and the wing pops off like sassy teenager :bgsmile:

It looks pretty as it slowly tumbles out of the sky...

~S~

Deacon

Dutch
Jun-11-2012, 10:46
It's the FW200 'Vange mate. :)
It's there between Do215 and the G.50.

For what it's worth, I did shoot down a couple on Server 2 a few weeks ago. It is possible but they do take some punishment. Sitting bang on convergence distance and hitting where you'd normally hit a 111 works ok.

Edit: Deac beat me to it.

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-11-2012, 11:38
It's the FW200 'Vange mate. :)
It's there between Do215 and the G.50.

For what it's worth, I did shoot down a couple on Server 2 a few weeks ago. It is possible but they do take some punishment. Sitting bang on convergence distance and hitting where you'd normally hit a 111 works ok.

Edit: Deac beat me to it.

NO worries Dutch, always worth hearing others opinions, especially when it comes to shooting down Jerry before he can drop ;)

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jun-11-2012, 21:04
Thanks guys, found it and tested the DM using a script that prints what damage you are causing. They do go down. One of the DM's is similar to the BF109 where a fuel tank ignites spectacularly, the engine starts smoking badly- the crew bail out but the FW200 can fly quite a long way before hitting the deck - you don't see the smoke rendered unless you are close to the ac so it looks ok when you look back at it after the initial explosion.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jun-14-2012, 18:40
I can confirm that there is a DM bug regards the exploding fuel tank in MP only. The explosion occurs in the fuselage but the FW200 will be unaffected, (in SP the crew will bail and the ac will go down) the damage script lists the damage as Fuel Tank 2 Exploded.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-15-2012, 13:15
I was able to shoot a few of them down the other day, but I ran out of ammo on the lead plane. Seems like my bullets weren't doint anything to the leader so I decided to run my spit right through the left wing. Needless to say I exploded and the condor didn't get a scratch! Definitely buggy!