PDA

View Full Version : Advise needed about how to increase cruising speed in BF109 E3

paco7425
May-12-2015, 00:17
Hello there,

How to boost speed during cruising flight?, because nearly in the combat zone I can’t catch up with my squadron; I’m flying among them and suddenly they start to fly faster and let me always behind, I have used WEP, increased Throttle to 100%, Prop Pitch angle up ( 10 to 8.30 O’clock -which downs my revs, but just keep my current speed, with no increase in my opinion), Prop Pitch down (10 to 12 O’clock – which apparently increases my speed, but I have to take care about the 2,500 rev limit and therefore can’t speed up enough), I only get into 500 KPH, with seems to be the top cruising speed, but even with 500 KPH, I can’t catch up my squad and when I get into combat zone, the party is already over or two/three mates are chasing one bandit.

saludos and thanks in advance

ATAG_Endless
May-12-2015, 00:31
Hello there,

How to boost speed during cruising flight?, because nearly in the combat zone I can’t catch up with my squadron; I’m flying among them and suddenly they start to fly faster and let me always behind, I have used WEP, increased Throttle to 100%, Prop Pitch angle up ( 10 to 8.30 O’clock -which downs my revs, but just keep my current speed, with no increase in my opinion), Prop Pitch down (10 to 12 O’clock – which apparently increases my speed, but I have to take care about the 2,500 rev limit and therefore can’t speed up enough), I only get into 500 KPH, with seems to be the top cruising speed, but even with 500 KPH, I can’t catch up my squad and when I get into combat zone, the party is already over or two/three mates are chasing one bandit.

saludos and thanks in advance

hey paco if you are flying in single player the Ai will always be faster than you its because they don't have to manage the engine but 500kph in a E3 is nothing to laugh at

paco7425
May-12-2015, 00:38
Thanks ATAG_Endless...yes I'm currently playing SP in Desastersoft campaign...now I see there is nothing I can do to catch up my squad

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-12-2015, 01:03
If you know how to edit missions, go in and change the cruise speeds to a lower one which will allow you to keep up.

paco7425
May-12-2015, 03:03
Sadly, I don't know how to edit Missions...It goes beyond my expertise... I will have accept it and learn to live with my speed handicap

II/JG77_RC
May-14-2015, 06:00
Sadly, I don't know how to edit Missions...It goes beyond my expertise... I will have accept it and learn to live with my speed handicap

Or, you could come fly online with all of us on the ATAG Server :)

paco7425
May-16-2015, 00:41
Hello II/JG77_RC

Yes sir, It would be a great pleasure for me to fly with you on weekends, I promess,... you are an amazing community...I will combine 1hr SP and 1 hr MP... but I'm still a newbie regarding BF 109 combat manouvers, I won't be any help for the blue guys I'm afraid (but at least I offer myself to be the lamp/prey for the Blue guys ambushes jajajajaja) ... my rate in MP sucks, 0 kills and 7 deaths ... but it's the best way to learn and get Friends...on SP I have better rate, but just shooting down AI bombers (they fly slow and straight ahead), easy targets...just have shot down 1 AI Fighter, and that was because it has been already hit, I just finish the dirty job... AI Figthers fly really fast / up / down / turning like hell, and also can't catch them up.

Thanks for your invitation, and I will show myself next sunday on MP.

saludos

ATAG_Snapper
May-16-2015, 10:43

Paco, if you can maintain 500 kmh on the ATAG Server you will be giving me and my buds in Spits a lot of trouble..... :salute:

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
May-16-2015, 22:11
Hello II/JG77_RC

Yes sir, It would be a great pleasure for me to fly with you on weekends, I promess,... you are an amazing community...I will combine 1hr SP and 1 hr MP... but I'm still a newbie regarding BF 109 combat manouvers, I won't be any help for the blue guys I'm afraid (but at least I offer myself to be the lamp/prey for the Blue guys ambushes jajajajaja) ... my rate in MP sucks, 0 kills and 7 deaths ... but it's the best way to learn and get Friends...on SP I have better rate, but just shooting down AI bombers (they fly slow and straight ahead), easy targets...just have shot down 1 AI Fighter, and that was because it has been already hit, I just finish the dirty job... AI Figthers fly really fast / up / down / turning like hell, and also can't catch them up.

Thanks for your invitation, and I will show myself next sunday on MP.

saludos

Nothing like the deep end to get you up to speed matey.

Come on in, I love 109 pilots.

5./JG26_Peete
May-16-2015, 22:25
Close youre radiators. More and more ... you wil geth speed! ! Greets 5./jg26 peete

paco7425
May-17-2015, 13:52
Paco, if you can maintain 500 kmh on the ATAG Server you will be giving me and my buds in Spits a lot of trouble..... :salute:

Hello ATAG_Snapper;

Don't worry you and your spits are safe, I couldn't get 500 KPH in MP...all my speed dissapear in the early dogfights...and added three deaths (mine) in my records, and 0 Kills jajajajajajaja.... AI figthers are fast...but Human Fighters are deadliest...but keep trying.

saludos.

paco7425
May-17-2015, 14:00
Close youre radiators. More and more ... you wil geth speed! ! Greets 5./jg26 peete

Hello Peete

Already closed my rads during cruising flights... to 40% Oil and 3/4 Water... but don't want to close more tan that, to avoid engine failure

saludos.

5./JG26_Peete
May-17-2015, 16:16
A good to read that you already did that... well come on to the real pilots in the multy player section! Real humans are acting totaly diverend then robots.. some time there brailiant some times real stupid.. but far more interesting then AI.
Cu in the sky ....

paco7425
May-17-2015, 20:39
A good to read that you already did that... well come on to the real pilots in the multy player section! Real humans are acting totaly diverend then robots.. some time there brailiant some times real stupid.. but far more interesting then AI.
Cu in the sky ....

Hello Peete:

Yes, I'm combining SP and MP now...I enjoy SP in Desastersoft's campaings because its historical missions , medails and career development, and also I have a better luck shooting down airplanes enemies and friendlies jajajajajaja (still confused on who is who, I shoot at everything I can).

MP, I have a better computer now...my old one prevented me to jump to MP ( but it died early this year), internet connection sucks but...I'm starting into MP world, and it's really challenging, it shows me that I still I'm a newbie need to have patience, strategy, practice, focus, learn pitch control vs. throttle, learn Boom and Zoom, tolerate frustation before even firing at something.

But in both cases I'm improving, now I have a better control of my airplane speed, navigation and I can identify by sound when my engine is overrev, don't need to steer at Rev indicator all the time, so I can focus more on the state of art of spotting enemies...but can't be a competent fighter yet, but I'm on my way.

saludos.

KansasCS
May-18-2015, 04:00
Patience is a virtue.
I got my ass handed to me too in the beginning and Sometimes to this day. Try to fly in a group, get on teamspeak and get situational awareness.
You'll be rewarded.

5./JG26_Peete
May-18-2015, 04:27
It took me 1 month before I had a kill.. ! And i am a glider pilot and was a cfs pilot for 5 years. . Had my own squadron KLu. Dutch squadron. I found out that alone you have 1 change to shoot at a english plane. When you are almost same hight... if mist you die..
Now I attack alwais when i am high. And in a squodron its more easy to fight against red. We fly with wingman in jg26. I learned more of that.

When I came in clod I did 3 flights then a spit jumped me and I died.. and that happend in real war too..!!
Now I do not die so mutch anymore and mostly get 2 or 3 kills a flyth. You will learn... look at the radiators. . For recon.. 109 got 2. Hurri 1 in middle. ..spit 1 at the side... If you want to geth in squadron. ... you alwais can join. Us if you fly 109. Acg.com. 5th. Jagd groupe 26. There's were I fly with.. greets peete.

paco7425
May-18-2015, 10:18
Patience is a virtue.
I got my ass handed to me too in the beginning and Sometimes to this day. Try to fly in a group, get on teamspeak and get situational awareness.
You'll be rewarded.

Hello Kansas:

Will try to fly in group, that something I haven't done so far; but first wanted to have a better command / feeling of the airplane to avoid my frequent stallings; now it's time to jump to it and focus on combat manouvers ...I have been mostly a lonely Wolf in SIMS... I'm not familiar with formations and group combat ....but will try your suggestion

saludos,

paco7425
May-18-2015, 10:22
It took me 1 month before I had a kill.. ! And i am a glider pilot and was a cfs pilot for 5 years. . Had my own squadron KLu. Dutch squadron. I found out that alone you have 1 change to shoot at a english plane. When you are almost same hight... if mist you die..
Now I attack alwais when i am high. And in a squodron its more easy to fight against red. We fly with wingman in jg26. I learned more of that.

When I came in clod I did 3 flights then a spit jumped me and I died.. and that happend in real war too..!!
Now I do not die so mutch anymore and mostly get 2 or 3 kills a flyth. You will learn... look at the radiators. . For recon.. 109 got 2. Hurri 1 in middle. ..spit 1 at the side... If you want to geth in squadron. ... you alwais can join. Us if you fly 109. Acg.com. 5th. Jagd groupe 26. There's were I fly with.. greets peete.

Hi again Peete:

thanks for your hints about airplane rads recognition, will fly in group next time in MP ...and if I see around there, will join you

saludos.