PDA

View Full Version : Training Server?

4535jacks
May-16-2015, 15:08
I keep seeing mention of training servers. Are there any dedicated training servers or training events where I can hone my skills?

Jacks

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-16-2015, 16:45
in all honesty just get on TS3 and wing up with someone. you will get shot and make mistakes but thats the learning curve. the leadfarm server has icons on, watch you tube vids. the more time you fly the better you will be. TS is a must imo.

DRock
May-16-2015, 18:09
I keep seeing mention of training servers. Are there any dedicated training servers or training events where I can hone my skills?

Jacks

Leadfarm.

What did you want to learn, or hone, Jacks?

4535jacks
May-17-2015, 19:46
I have been bashing the circuit and I am happy with basic flying (I hold a PPL and own a taildragger) I now feel I need to increase my survivability - namely defensive flying and evasive manoeuvres.

DRock
May-17-2015, 19:54
I have been bashing the circuit and I am happy with basic flying (I hold a PPL and own a taildragger) I now feel I need to increase my survivability - namely defensive flying and evasive manoeuvres.

survivability=wingman+TeamSpeak

Check your 6 o'clock often, but don't get fixated on your six.

After all, you want the action to be in front of you, not behind.

The Spitfire can win at the turning game, and a BF109 can carry it's speed and climb rate.

The Spitfire will chase after you, whereas the 109 will strike fast.

~S~

InvaderZim
May-17-2015, 20:20
+1 for hop on TS and ask to wing up with somebody to fly with and teach. LOLsav and Klause are often willing for 109 pilots. I am certain Red has a similar pair for Spits and Hurries. But as a devoted server there are none.

We are working on a small cadre of instructors for bombers (hasn't come to fruition yet) but that still will entail getting on the MP and TS to go over basics in a rear area.

Experience is the best teacher.