PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 Tips !.. My experiences !

jaydee
Jun-12-2012, 05:34
Hi lads ! Ive been flyin IL2 since it first came out(Offline).Ive been running HSFX/DBW/UP3/4.11.1 for a while now.....Thers been abit of confusion since ATAG "Launched" its 46 server !...Im no expert but I want to contribute what I know and whats worked for me running 46 without a hitch !...Please no debates or justifications will be answered. Its just some info, take it or leave it !........(1) DONT install IL2 to programs or programs 86 !..make the path shorter..eg, "my games"....(2)Run the game once before ANY patching and DELETE pilot "John DOE".Replace him with you... (3) CHECK the patch path is "pointing" at YOURE IL2 install not the default for the patch installer(programs) !.....Reboot after every patch applied..(4)Dont even think about "online flyin" yet !....(5) Set up you controls and spend some time "tuning" youre joystck in Hardware/input...IL2 has a really good "tuneable" input for all your axis !..Fly offline and test them...(6)Graphics..IM gonna say it(no debates) ! IL2 46 was written with OPEN GL. Period....When youre setting up your dislay in NV control panel,remember,Direct X doestnt give you the "best" image on screen ! (6)When you're happy with your il2 install,SAVE your CONF.ini AND youre USERS/SETTINGS and put them away safely ! now your ready to fly online ! .....hope this helps ! ~S~