PDA

View Full Version : Best performng 109?

Peregrine
May-19-2015, 08:28
Hi guys,
Of the different 109s in the game, which one handles the best?

ATAG_Lolsav
May-19-2015, 12:43
Hard question to answer.

Heres some tips - strictly my opinion

E1 is the most nimble (manouver and turning). Also the one who carries more ammo. The downside are 2. Its not as fast as their big brothers and loses power (ATA) very quickly after 4km high.

E3 and E4 are basically the same engine, where the E4 has automated prop pitch. Good all around. Suits a more conservative style of boom and zoom.

E3 and E4 (B) - The fastest planes on the deck you can get on "blue" side. Wep on and off we go. After 4k high the performance decreases like a rocket. I find these very competitive.

E4N/Derated - The major diffrence between these 2 is simple: No WEP for derated. But these planes were designed for high altitude, for contrail level. At contrail level the WEP has no effect. So if you are going high no matter the one you chose its going to be the same. Once you go below 4k the "Rated" one will perform better because of WEP. Caution - These 2 dont like 100% throtle all the time. The 2600/2700 rpm they produce are advisable only at emergency situations or at high altitude.

I know i might not answered your questions, but now you know a little more :D

ATAG_Colander
May-19-2015, 13:43
The differences are overall small.
The main points are (as Lolsav pointed out):
1.- The E1 has a lower altitude limit. It also has only machine guns.
2.- The E3 has canons.
3.- The E4 has canons with Minengeschoss rounds available. Auto prop pitch
4.- The E4N has canons with Minengeschoss rounds available,Auto prop pitch and a higher altitude limit.

No matter which one you choose, do not turn with hurris or spits!

Peregrine
May-19-2015, 18:00
Seeing how I don't speak German, what do the different rounds mean?

ATAG_Endless
May-19-2015, 18:32
Seeing how I don't speak German, what do the different rounds mean?

Minengeschoss rounds are explosive cannon rounds

Cybermat47
May-19-2015, 19:15
Minengeschoss rounds are explosive cannon rounds

They detonate after penetrating the target though, don't they?

ATAG_Endless
May-19-2015, 20:30
They detonate after penetrating the target though, don't they?

I think they do have a penetration delay . The way the germans designed the round was that its not the explosion that causes the most damage but the shockwave created by the exploding round

Vlerkies
May-20-2015, 04:21
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5823

3./JG51_Heiden
May-20-2015, 23:26
The E4N is the finest example of the E model available. Fly it whenever able! I find it absolutely lethal.

ATAG_Endless
May-20-2015, 23:36
The E4N is the finest example of the E model available. Fly it whenever able! I find it absolutely lethal.

+1000 even at high alt against the IIA