PDA

View Full Version : teamspeak overlay not working with TS 3.0.16 in COD..working in other sim though..

moviestar_1
May-21-2015, 23:17
Hi all
I'm brand new to Cliffs Of Dover and Teamspeak for that matter- I installed the latest version of TS (v 3.0.16) and installed the tS3 overlay plugin (v3.8.23)- no errors came up in the plugins list in TS..- however doing a test run with a current ATAG server match no teamspeak info is being overlayed over the Cliffs Of Dover game in game..(I tried toggling the pre selected activation key but nothing shows up still..I stayed connected to the same ATAG temaspeak server, stopped COD and for a test, I ran another sim ('Rise Of Flight') and the overlay appeared to be woking at the time in that sim/game at least..I understand ts3 overlay is supposed to work with Direct3D..isn't that what Il-2 Sturmovik- Cliffs of Dover runs on..? Just don't understand why it's not overlaying.. any feedback would be greatly appreciated unless there's another proven means of TS overlay in COD by another means..?

Also I'm running a triple monitor nvidia suround setup and when the overlay did run (in 'Rise oF Flight') the overlay was quite small and way over in the upper far left corner of my left monitor (too far at the dge of my periphery vision)..any help in configuring it corectly to be positioned on my middle/center monitor for better monitoring would be greatly appreciated- thank you in advance!

edit- trying Rise Of Flight again- the overlay isn't working in that sim either now- don't know what's up..any help would be appreciated (tried also adding the playclaw ts overlay plugin but wasn't compatible with this version of TS and can't go back to an older version of TS as my radio sounds cross talk plugin works best with this version of TS... is there a way to cleanly uninstall the ts3 overlay files and start over somehow as I've noticed COD and Rise Of Flight (and who knows what other games I have) have started to be slower at loading up since installing the ts3 overlay plugin files for some reason.. I noticed in the ts3overlay folder there is a file ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll and a ts3overlay_hook_win64.dll .. I thought that since I'm running the 64 bit version of TS I should try deleting the ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll file but when I try to do that it says- 'The action can't be completed because the file is open in Nvidia Backend'..what is that , what has the ts3 overlay plugin installation done to my computer, that since doing this as I say the sim/s load slower now and doesn't even overlay TS onto the sim..? How can the ts3 plugin be cleanly uninstalled as simply deleting the files isn't an option I think..?
Thank you

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-22-2015, 01:19
i use an older TS 3.0.13.1. overlays works on that one. i also enable the TF one i n the patch in a new info window

moviestar_1
May-22-2015, 01:58
i use an older TS 3.0.13.1. overlays works on that one. i also enable the TF one i n the patch in a new info window

Thanks- I ended up doing a system restore to get rid of the ts3 overlay files- the most recent version of TS comes with free built in overlay software called 'Over Wolf' - which works on my desktop but have yet to figure out how to get it to work/overlay in COD...

moviestar_1
May-22-2015, 23:00

it seems overwolf is only for specifc games not including COD unfortunately (yet).. I found and installed TS v 3.0.13.1 and copied the team fusion TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll file to the TS plugins folder- on opening TS 3.0.13.1 and clicking Tools/plugins the CLOD Integration Plugin is listed and appears to be installed OK..in teh description to teh right it says 'This plugin allows CLOD to display the users in the TS channel' - however on running COD I still don't se any overlay of players cming up- am I missing something you are saying regarding your line 'i also enable the TF one i n the patch in a new info window' - do I need to do anything else to get an overlay working in COD? Does this still require the ts3 overlay plugin an dif so which version (hopefully not)? Z(you say overlays work with 3.0.13.1 but how exactly/with which plugins? Thanks for your reply/clarification.

ATAG_Monkeynut
May-23-2015, 02:06
It sounds like you have done all steps apart from creating an info window to display the overlay in game. It should be fine with TS 3.0.13.1.

There is a guide to creating info windows here:

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=info_windows

If you have not used them yet they are very useful to display various data and easy to set up once you know how.

Personally I have one for in-game chat, one for server messages, one for Teamspeak and one for engine data.

PS Welcome to CLOD, it can take a bit of setting up to begin with, but well worth it. If you are stuck with anything I recommend getting on TS, someone on there will usually be more than willing to help.

moviestar_1
May-23-2015, 21:36
It sounds like you have done all steps apart from creating an info window to display the overlay in game. It should be fine with TS 3.0.13.1.

There is a guide to creating info windows here:

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=info_windows

If you have not used them yet they are very useful to display various data and easy to set up once you know how.

Personally I have one for in-game chat, one for server messages, one for Teamspeak and one for engine data.

PS Welcome to CLOD, it can take a bit of setting up to begin with, but well worth it. If you are stuck with anything I recommend getting on TS, someone on there will usually be more than willing to help.

thanks very much- I'll give it a shot- the only thing is my favorite radio sound plugin is the cross talk plugin & only works with the latest version of ts.. is there an effective way of installing two versions of ts on the same computer so I can run ts 3.1.13.1 or ts 3.0.16 for their different advantages..? I've tried installing to a new foldere name and tried changing the file name (maybe not change teh right file names.?)- but couldn't get two installations to run independant of each other- it's seems like you can only have 1 version installed at a time..unless you or anyon elese know how to do this..? Thanks once more

ATAG_Monkeynut
May-24-2015, 04:47
Sorry, no idea about running two copies of Teamspeak.

If you want to use the latest version of Teamspeak maybe you could use TS Notifier instead of the built in overlay if you've not already tried it.

Turn has made an extensive guide here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463&highlight=notifier

Not something I have any experience of though.

moviestar_1
May-24-2015, 14:20
Sorry, no idea about running two copies of Teamspeak.

If you want to use the latest version of Teamspeak maybe you could use TS Notifier instead of the built in overlay if you've not already tried it.

Turn has made an extensive guide here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463&highlight=notifier

Not something I have any experience of though.

thank you again- wondered if you found if the overlay info windows you create affects frame rates or system efficiency in general noticeably as when I tried the ts3 overlay as previously posted it did seem to affect something?

ATAG_Monkeynut
May-24-2015, 16:07
I'm running an old gtx580 and have never noticed any difference in frame rates from the info windows. The only time I get noticeable slow down is when there are lots of aircraft on screen, usually on some of massive single player raids.

moviestar_1
May-24-2015, 20:19
I'm running an old gtx580 and have never noticed any difference in frame rates from the info windows. The only time I get noticeable slow down is when there are lots of aircraft on screen, usually on some of massive single player raids.

FYI- for everyone on the ATAG server's info- I just successfully installed the Project Kryptonite teamspeak overlay software - https://projectkryptonite.com/ works with the latest version of ts and 3.0.13 and probably others and across all games- did notice a slight frame rate drop but not enough to affect game playability..