PDA

View Full Version : Airwarfare.com Download Section is Locked

icuOklaCity
May-21-2015, 23:30
As some already know and others like myself just found out that you can no longer download anything from the Airwarfare.com site due the idiots posting spam....

Hopefully the mission/files makers like Henkill and other will take the time to upload the single players mission sets and campaigns to Mission4Today.com or some other site so they all will be in one place again.... I know it time consuming for these guys to have to re-upload their stuff to a different site just because of some retards spamming...

Also wanted to say thanks to all the guys like Henkill , and Team Fusion who take the time to put together all these different mission packs and mods, breeding life into Cliffs of Dover..

Maybe a moderator can make a stick post about Airwarfare.com is locked down and the need for all the files to be uploaded to a different site....

ATAG_Bliss
May-21-2015, 23:59
We just paid for this add on for a downloads section here. Hopefully others will start using it. See here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php

icuOklaCity
May-22-2015, 10:51
Thanks TF and Bliss.... Hopefully the modders will start to upload their stuff there and you can keep the spammers out.....

major_setback
May-23-2015, 09:45
Thanks for that Bliss.

Would it at all be possible for the skins section to include seperate folders for each of the aircraft? I'm not sure how the skin section is set up at he moment.

Here are all of the aircraft folders, if you need them. All folders are collected in this zip file (empty folders only).
link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21670299/ALL%20CoD%20skins%20May%202015.zip

Airwarfare has stopped uploads and downloads because of spam/hacking. The moderator has posted a notice that they will move anyone's files to M4T if asked.

I have contacted the moderator at Airwarfare (and at M4T) asking in behalf of the TF community if it would be possible for them to move all CoD skins.
Below is a copy of my request:

I am a skinner doing work for the development team Team Fusion who are
working on mods/updates for the Cliffs of Dover flight sim. I am
writing regarding the new Cliffs of Dover plane-skin section at M4T. I
have had a large number of skins at the Airwarfare site. I have
noticed that this site is now closed for uploading skins. I read the
notice there stating that it would be possible to transfer skins to
M4T. I have a few questions regarding this possibility, and also
regarding the new skin section at M4T.
Firstly I wonder if at all it might be possible to move all of the
Cliffs of Dover folders (including the skins within) to M4T? I
understand if this isn’t possible, but it would be of great benefit to
the CoD community, especially as a new map is under development which
could rekindle an interest in some of the older skins.
Secondly, if the above isn’t possible then I would ask that all of my
skins (major-setback) could be moved to the new M4T skin section.
There are many of these, and I will tell you exactly where they were
(which folders at Airwarfare) if you need that information.
Thirdly, I will try to link a file to you at dropbox showing exactly
which folders need to be created at the new skin section, in case you
cannot move all of those at Airwarfare 'en masse'. This file will
contain empty folders for every aircraft within CoD, including the
newer folders for Night aircraft (Hurricane and Bf 110) and the 100
octane versions of aircraft; though these are not essential additions
to the folders.

(and I included the zip file of empty aircraft folders in case they needed them).

I am awaiting a reply from M4T/Airwarfare. Hopefully all of the skins folders from Airwarfare will be moved to the new CoD skin download section at M4T without everyone having to personally ask for their own skins to be trasferred.
I will let everyone know when I recieve a reply.

It is great that we now have a download section here at ATAG. It feels safer to have it where the fan-base and development of the game is centred, especially after the disappearance of firstly the 'Cliffs of Dover France' download sectiion, and now 'Airwarfare'.

Cheers, Setback .

major_setback
May-24-2015, 10:55
Thanks for that Bliss.

Would it at all be possible for the skins section to include seperate folders for each of the aircraft? I'm not sure how the skin section is set up at he moment.

Here are all of the aircraft folders, if you need them. All folders are collected in this zip file (empty folders only).
link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21670299/ALL%20CoD%20skins%20May%202015.zip

Airwarfare has stopped uploads and downloads because of spam/hacking. The moderator has posted a notice that they will move anyone's files to M4T if asked.

I have contacted the moderator at Airwarfare (and at M4T) asking in behalf of the TF community if it would be possible for them to move all CoD skins.
Below is a copy of my request:

I am a skinner doing work for the development team Team Fusion who are
working on mods/updates for the Cliffs of Dover flight sim. I am
writing regarding the new Cliffs of Dover plane-skin section at M4T. I
have had a large number of skins at the Airwarfare site. I have
noticed that this site is now closed for uploading skins. I read the
notice there stating that it would be possible to transfer skins to
M4T. I have a few questions regarding this possibility, and also
regarding the new skin section at M4T.
Firstly I wonder if at all it might be possible to move all of the
Cliffs of Dover folders (including the skins within) to M4T? I
understand if this isn’t possible, but it would be of great benefit to
the CoD community, especially as a new map is under development which
could rekindle an interest in some of the older skins.
Secondly, if the above isn’t possible then I would ask that all of my
skins (major-setback) could be moved to the new M4T skin section.
There are many of these, and I will tell you exactly where they were
(which folders at Airwarfare) if you need that information.
Thirdly, I will try to link a file to you at dropbox showing exactly
which folders need to be created at the new skin section, in case you
cannot move all of those at Airwarfare 'en masse'. This file will
contain empty folders for every aircraft within CoD, including the
newer folders for Night aircraft (Hurricane and Bf 110) and the 100
octane versions of aircraft; though these are not essential additions
to the folders.

(and I included the zip file of empty aircraft folders in case they needed them).

I am awaiting a reply from M4T/Airwarfare. Hopefully all of the skins folders from Airwarfare will be moved to the new CoD skin download section at M4T without everyone having to personally ask for their own skins to be trasferred.
I will let everyone know when I recieve a reply.

It is great that we now have a download section here at ATAG. It feels safer to have it where the fan-base and development of the game is centred, especially after the disappearance of firstly the 'Cliffs of Dover France' download sectiion, and now 'Airwarfare'.

Cheers, Setback .

Today I recieved this message from admin at Airwarfare/M4T:

"Transfer to M4T is underway, all skins are being moved there are over 200 skins to transfer so it will take a week or two to complete."

Cheers, Setback

ATAG_Colander
May-24-2015, 11:01
Today I recieved this message from admin at Airwarfare/M4T:

"Transfer to M4T is underway, all skins are being moved there are over 200 skins to transfer so it will take a week or two to complete."

Cheers, Setback

Good.
By the way, the link to the zip is broken.

major_setback
May-24-2015, 11:16
Good.
By the way, the link to the zip is broken.

Ahh! That's maybe because I copied the link from an email or similar that I had sent. I will fix it when I get home and can link directly from my dropbox.
Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers, Setback

major_setback
May-24-2015, 11:26
Link in my above post is now fixed.

All CoD empty skin folders:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21670299/ALL CoD skins May 2015.zip

Cheers, setback

ATAG_Colander
May-24-2015, 12:23
Ermmm....
I guess with one section for all the similar types will be enough?

major_setback
May-24-2015, 13:01
Ermmm....
I guess with one section for all the similar types will be enough?

Are you referring to my zip, or the M4T skin section?

I can't remember how the skins are arranged in my zip, but they are probably not grouped in any way (something I didn't think of).
The skin folders were sent to me and I didn't think to check them, but assume that all planes are included (I can't check it from where I am now).

Cheers. Setback

ATAG_Colander
May-24-2015, 13:27
Sub-sections created.

major_setback
May-24-2015, 13:41
Sub-sections created.

You might also notice that the Beaufighter skin folder at M4T shows a picture of a Blenheim. I have informed admin of this error.

[edit: I just realised you probably meant you created sub categories here at the ATAG skin download section. Thanks!]

Cheers, setback

Cybermat47
May-25-2015, 00:13
Setback, do you know if it's just skins being moved, or also campaigns and missions?

heinkill
May-25-2015, 03:30
Sub-sections created.

Thx I will upload and put some links up.

Tim

major_setback
May-25-2015, 11:24
Setback, do you know if it's just skins being moved, or also campaigns and missions?

I asked for 'all folders', but I think it will be just the skins that will be moved. I would suggest that you ask admin at Airwarfare (contact Gamekeeper) if there is anything else that you specially want moved. I don't want to ask them of any other favours just now, it is a big job for them just moving the skins, so I don't want to appear greedy or rude by asking for anything else.

I understand the importance of retrieving ALL of the CoD related files at Airwarfare including missions and templates etc., and I certainly hope that as much as possible can be saved.

It will help if anyone who has files at Airwarfare asks if they can be moved.

I have the official skin templates - (two versions); those with camo patterns, and those with combined rivets+wear. I will upload these later to ATAG and M4T.

I urge anyone with skin templates at that site to contact Airwarfare admin.

Cheers, Setback