PDA

View Full Version : overwolf overlay software in latest teamspeak version & project kryptonite in COD?

moviestar_1
May-22-2015, 22:08
Hi all

New to Cliffs Of Dover and teamspeak- Having trouble finding a version of teamspeak that works with two plugin versions at the same time (a radio sound effect plugin and an overlay plugin simulatneously as those I've found are compatible with different specific version of ts)- I have the latest version of TS (3.0.16)- currently using the cross talk plugin for a radio sound effect (I couldn't get the ww2 radio plugin to work with this version of TS) and when I reverted to an earlier version of TS 3.0.11 to get the ww2 radio plugin to work I couldn't set it up to create a decent sound- so I reverted back to the latest version of TS again with the cross talk plugin, whicgh sounded better to me- I tried the ts3 overlay plugin in the latest version of TS (to try and overlay who is speaking when in the sim)- which appered to install correctly (no red text incompatibility errors when higlighting in the plugins list)- however on running COD it seemed to boot considerably slower than before I installed the ts3 overlay plugin and in game no overlay was showing up at all..it seemed to affect the speed of booting of another sim (Rise OF Flight) too and who knows what other games..didn't like this..- since there is no way of cleanly uninstalling these plugins- I ended up doing a system restore to before I installed TS- I noticed that the latest TS v 3.0.16 which I'm back to again now has the option for the overlay software 'Overwolf'- http://www.overwolf.com/ however for whaetver reason it only is supposed to work with specific games/sims.. and though the TS overlay shows up on the desktop in the sim the overlay cannot be seen in game- anyone had any luck geting overwolf to successfully work in COD or know of any workarounds to get it to work?

there is another overlay program called project kryptonite- https://projectkryptonite.com/ but am a little wary as even though the download is still available their website says "We're sorry to announce that we need to cease support for Project: Kryptonite due to several private incidents. You will still be able to use the software as-is, as we won't shut down the servers, but the development as well as the support is currently frozen."

anyone tried project kryptonite successfully?

I'm reluctant to try ts3 overlay plugin again considering my last experience- anyone had any luck with other overlay plugins and which ts version is it working with, ideally working with a compatible 'radio sound' plugin simulatneously (without any issues to their computer/slow game launches etc)?

Thanks in advance for anyone's feedback!