PDA

View Full Version : Track Playback Elapsed Time Indication?

Marmus
Jun-14-2012, 12:14
Is there a way to view the elapse time within a track playback?

IL-2:1946 used to have the elapsed time in the lower corner of track playback. Is there any similar system within CloD?

This was very useful in setting up camera shots for making video clips, especially since there is no "reverse" in track playback.

Any help would be appreciated.

ATAG_Colander
Jun-14-2012, 12:19
I don't have an answer for that but your avatar reminded me of "The Maxx" :Grin:
http://www.knyght.net/comics/themaxx/iztrash.jpg

Marmus
Jun-14-2012, 12:40
It is a WWII era painting called The Sower, 1942 by Thomas Hart Benton

Soldier sowing the seeds of death.

Warhound
Jun-14-2012, 15:28
Can't really answer on your original question, but what you can do is cut up the track into multiple smaller parts. Do this by recording a track while the original track is playing. This way you can turn a 1 hour long track into say 12 5minute tracks, and even cut those short parts into even shorter tracks.
It's an old trick from 1946 which still works in CLOD, just tested it to make sure.

So even if it's not the same as a rewind function it still saves you having to rewatch a full lenght track over and over to get that one screenshot or scene you want.

Marmus
Jun-14-2012, 15:48
Warhound,

So that does work? Cool. I had tried it once and the system froze up...may have been from some other things I was doing, but will give it a try again.

Thanks!