PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Controls - Am I being thick?

-=7th-DR=-Milo
May-24-2015, 05:47
Hi Guys

During the general awesomeness of last night's Stuka Storm I had my first real play in a gunner seat and found it bloody hard going.

In particular the simple fact that the pitch axis, when using a mouse, is reversed.... I've looked everywhere but can't find a way or info to reverse it. Is this hard-wired and something I have to get used to? If so does anybody have any other mapping setup advice for the gunner role?

ATAG_Dave
May-24-2015, 05:52
Hi Guys

During the general awesomeness of last night's Stuka Storm I had my first real play in a gunner seat and found it bloody hard going.

In particular the simple fact that the pitch axis, when using a mouse, is reversed.... I've looked everywhere but can't find a way or info to reverse it. Is this hard-wired and something I have to get used to? If so does anybody have any other mapping setup advice for the gunner role?

I dont think it can be reversed. You can of course turn your mouse the other way up - but then left is right and right is left......:D Pantast does this i think

best bet is just to practice - it gets (a bit) easier with practice just like everything else in clod :thumbsup:

Hubert Bigglesworth
May-24-2015, 08:53
Hi Guys

Hi.

You can reverse the pitch axis of your mouse in the conf.ini file. its in documents/ 1csoftclub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - mod.

scroll down to [rts_mouse]

change invert=0 to invert=1 and save.

You can also change your mouse speed/sensitivity in this section, the higher the number the more sensitive.

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=4.0
SensitivityY=4.0
SensitivityZ=4.0
Invert=1
SwapButtons = 0

section from my conf.ini for example.

Hope this helps.

Hub.

ATAG_Dave
May-24-2015, 08:55
Hi.

You can reverse the pitch axis of your mouse in the conf.ini file. its in documents/ 1csoftclub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - mod.

You can also change your mouse speed/sensitivity in this section, the higher the number the more sensitive.

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=4.0
SensitivityY=4.0
SensitivityZ=4.0
Invert=1
SwapButtons = 0

Hope this helps.

Hub.

+1 thats great info thanks

Hubert Bigglesworth
May-24-2015, 09:03
Hi Dave.

Glad it was of use. I love gunning, it makes for a nice change when i'm tired of flying and with the excellent work by TF on the ballistics and weapons its very challenging and rewarding to fend off an attack on the plane your a crew member in.

Have fun.

Hub.

DRock
May-25-2015, 21:50
Hi Guys

Hello, Milo.

When I first started gunning, I setup a playstation type controller to do everything, even TS.

It worked pretty well, but I found the analog stick to be sensitive and it returns to center when you let go. The mouse stays put, so it was better for long distance accuracy. Also, I started rear gunning while flying the aircraft, and the console just didn't work for me at that point.

However, I was able to invert the gun controls, not in game, but in the console's profile settings.

Good luck and have fun.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Endless
May-25-2015, 22:36
Hi.

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=4.0
SensitivityY=4.0
SensitivityZ=4.0
Invert=1
SwapButtons = 0

Hope this helps.

Hub.

You Sir are my hero thanks for the info

DRock
May-25-2015, 22:42
Hi.

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=4.0
SensitivityY=4.0
SensitivityZ=4.0
Invert=1
SwapButtons = 0

Hope this helps.

Hub.

This inverts your mouse for everything.

ATAG_Endless
May-25-2015, 23:03

don't have to invert it I just want the speed

-=7th-DR=-Milo
May-26-2015, 03:43

For me, it turns out, it didn't reverse all just the gunner pitch axis.... happy days indeed.

DRock
May-26-2015, 07:25
For me, it turns out, it didn't reverse all just the gunner pitch axis.... happy days indeed.

Wow. I'll have to try that again.:thumbsup:

hipparch
May-26-2015, 08:33
hehe so am i

69th_Turn
May-26-2015, 10:18
[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=4.0
SensitivityY=4.0
SensitivityZ=4.0
Invert=1
SwapButtons = 0

I've been using this for months and it works great. Only the pitch axis gets inverted, as desired.

However, it gets inverted for everything. Bofors, tank guns, and mouse view vertical pans (for those who use it). So, essentially, the default Invert=0 works for everything except bomber gunners. If you fix that, everything else gets messed up.

Anyone know a good way to get everything working the same?

Ohms
May-26-2015, 10:50
Love the title of this thread because it applies to me, how do you get the mouse control to work? Could someone pls post the GUI page with what I need to do!!

69th_Turn
May-26-2015, 11:34
Ohms, come to the Bomber Class this Thursday --> signup link (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17378)

Find out that, and a whole lot more :)

Options: Controls: Camera category

Toggle Independent Mode

(aka the 'hide mouse cursor thingie')

Engaging this will let you use the mouse to aim your rear gun.
Toggle it again to regain normal mouse mode.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-26-2015, 12:07
For those interested in manning the Belnheim turret here is a good information link started over a year ago, and I would love to see more input
the rear gunner position is far from useless but also a long way from being really effective (probable much like the real one )
one important aspect is the "loadout" which has to be set by the pilot prior to flying, obviously cant be done by the gunner . It helps me considerably when jumping into that rear to know I have a useful load out and not just the default (which is pretty useless)

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9992&highlight=turrett

feel free to pm me for questions as I have spent the majority of the last year just doing the Blenheim rear turrett

Knuckles

DoubleStandards
May-26-2015, 12:30
For those interested in manning the Belnheim turret here is a good information link started over a year ago, and I would love to see more input
the rear gunner position is far from useless but also a long way from being really effective (probable much like the real one )
one important aspect is the "loadout" which has to be set by the pilot prior to flying, obviously cant be done by the gunner . It helps me considerably when jumping into that rear to know I have a useful load out and not just the default (which is pretty useless)

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9992&highlight=turrett

feel free to pm me for questions as I have spent the majority of the last year just doing the Blenheim rear turrett

Knuckles

Excellent point Knuckles. Maybe Turn and DRock can reiterate to bomber pilots the importance of setting up the best load out if they want an effective human gunner.

DS

Ohms
May-26-2015, 16:08
Wish I could Turn but just can't make it , maybe next time. Will try to muddle through with what you guys have posted.

Ohms

ATAG_Endless
May-28-2015, 18:49

I can confirm I changed the setting last night and it only inverted the mouse for guns very happy days and speeding up the mouse is simply brilliant
so much easier tracking fast moving targets

Accipiter
Sep-03-2015, 09:09
I just tried getting the mouse to control the rear gun on a stuka, both single player and online. No joy at all.

I tried the method mentioned above of Camera > toggle independent mode, but all that happened was the cursor disappeared ! No effect upon moving the gun.

Am I missing something?

DRock
Sep-03-2015, 09:15
I just tried getting the mouse to control the rear gun on a stuka, both single player and online. No joy at all.

I tried the method mentioned above of Camera > toggle independent mode, but all that happened was the cursor disappeared ! No effect upon moving the gun.

Am I missing something?

Was the gun in cruise mode or firing position.?

If your mouse disappears, you hit the right button.

Also, use 'lean to gunsight' for better aim.

PanTast
Sep-03-2015, 10:08
You need to unpark the gun first

Best would be to assign key for park and unpark the gun/turret. in the confuser.ini its called

Control S=trt_park
Control F=trt_unpark

Toggle independent mode will let you control the gun/turret movement with the mouse. Lean to gunsight lets you aim properly.

Sometimes you hop into the gunner and he already had used it. This can cause the gun to stuck in a weird position. Just park and unpark it again to get into firing position.

1lokos
Sep-03-2015, 10:23

I think the issue is with O key, the default keys are:

O = open canopy >>>in General

Shift O = Toggle Park Position >>>In Turret
Control O = Cruise Position >>> In turret
O = Firing position >>> In turret

So when you go to turret and press O the gun goes for firing postion and the rear canopy is open.

But the gunner is no able to aim if the rear canopy is open. :thumbsup:

So don't use the O in Stuka turret, use Shift O = Toggle Park Position - this have 2 positions for un-park, press 2 times - or remap one these functions.

Accipiter
Sep-03-2015, 13:43
Thanks very much for the info. I've now got the gun doing what I want.

There's no way I would have found out how to do it by trial and error.

Thanks again.

Black034
Sep-04-2015, 05:37
Was bombing Oye Plage in an 88 yesterday, after my run a few Spits climbed up to me.

Thanks to you guys I send one of them into the ground after only a couple bursts!

His buddy got me in the end but oh well, my survival chances improved a little :)