PDA

View Full Version : The "New Downloads" Section

ATAG_Bliss
May-25-2015, 22:28
Hi Everyone,

As some may have noticed, ATAG has purchased a new plugin to the forum that allows users to upload files to the forum (skins, utilities, aircraft manuals, guides, etc.). Any registered user with at least 1 forum post can upload their files to the download manager. Having tested this with Chuck's excellent guide to Cliffs of Dover, both the uploads and downloads from the forum are very fast. Most of the sections also have a 100mb limit, so everyone should be able to upload large files without any worry.

This forum section will also automatically create a new post when new content has been uploaded to the downloads section of the forum, which I think is pretty cool. That way everyone gets visibility on their uploads without having to create a forum post about it. The forum does it for you :D

The download section of the forum can be access by clicking on the "Downloads" button in the yellow navigation bar at the top of the forum or by going to this link: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php

For any technical difficulties with the "Download" section, please use this thread to discuss it. I would rather have all the threads created in this section be automatically created to show off everyone's work all in one section.

Hope this thing gets some use! :D

Bliss :salute:

major_setback
Jun-12-2015, 15:10
Sorry to post this here, but couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

I've been trying to upload a skin for over an hour and am tearing my hair out because every time I try to submit it nothing happens. I've re-tried it over and over. I had no problem uploading my last skin, but now it won't work. Are submissions working?
I've tried everything, ticking and unticking the boxes and making sure everything is within size regulations (screenhots and download itself). I had to abandon my first attempted upload today because I'd added screenhots that were too big and needed to photoshop them before uploading again. I wonder if it is not accepting my upload because of this?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Setback

ATAG_Colander
Jun-12-2015, 15:20
I just uploaded a test image with no problems.
Can you try a different browser ?

major_setback
Jun-12-2015, 15:53
I am foolish.
I had pressed 'add files' and selected several files, which then show with an upload button next to them... which I then pressed for each upload. After the completion of the yellow progress bar, I then pressed the bigger 'Start Upload' button at the top of the section.... instead of pressing the 'save' button at the very bottom of the page, as is needed.

I will blame tiredness and a big dose of stupidity.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Cheers, Setback

major_setback
Nov-21-2015, 09:53
I noticed that there is no Ju 88 sub-folder in the skins download section of the (ATAG) forum. Would it possible to add it? I presume it was overlooked/missed.

Cheers, Setback

seabro
Mar-29-2019, 12:54
I have been a ClOD user for several years and am having the greatest difficulty in understanding where to load/install SP Missions and/or Campaigns which have been so carefully and cleverly created by those who know what they are doing.
I have ac 'C' drive with OS Windows 10 (no problem there) and IC SoftClub Folder with its contents. I also have SSD 'D'drive with my Steam contents [library, other sims etc.]
The confusion is, when I unzip a new Mission or Campaign to a 'Download folder of my creation' where oh where do I then install the new Mission/Campaign.
Should it go in the 1C SoftClub Folder or the Steam apps folder..
Sometimes by chance I get it right but it's always hit and miss. A Download and installation guide would be of enormous help and save me HOURS of trying. I'd rather be flying!
Thanks

ATAG_Oskar
Mar-29-2019, 13:01
I have been a ClOD user for several years and am having the greatest difficulty in understanding where to load/install SP Missions and/or Campaigns which have been so carefully and cleverly created by those who know what they are doing.
I have ac 'C' drive with OS Windows 10 (no problem there) and IC SoftClub Folder with its contents. I also have SSD 'D'drive with my Steam contents [library, other sims etc.]
The confusion is, when I unzip a new Mission or Campaign to a 'Download folder of my creation' where oh where do I then install the new Mission/Campaign.
Sometimes by chance I get it right but it's always hit and miss. A Download and installation guide would be of enormous help and save me HOURS of trying. I'd rather be flying!
Thanks

Here is an example showing where the Postkutsche misson should go.

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\Postkutsche

seabro
Mar-29-2019, 13:10
Wow that's a fast reply, Thanks.
It is what I usually do but somehow, do manage to get it wrong.

1lokos
Mar-29-2019, 19:43
...where oh where do I then install the new Mission/Campaign.

You use both places, depends on type:

Single Mission in

...:\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\

Optional - can create a folder with name of mission, or type, e.g. bombers, fighters, training, test...

Quick Mission

...:\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\quick\

Attention that first folder has a s.

Campaigns in

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign"Campaign name folder (need create)"

Some campaigns use custom DLL an are installed in

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign\

seabro
Mar-30-2019, 13:21
You use both places, depends on type:

Single Mission in

...:\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\

Optional - can create a folder with name of mission, or type, e.g. bombers, fighters, training, test...

Quick Mission

...:\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\quick\

Attention that first folder has a s.

Campaigns in

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign"Campaign name folder (need create)"

Some campaigns use custom DLL an are installed in

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign\

Thanks 1lokoS; So if I unzip your Dunkirk Campaign it should go in ...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\campaign"Campaign name folder . Great. Now when I look at the opened folders I come to this; a file folder (for the campaign) and a campaigns.ini. And I know this should be really basic but where does the campains.ini live?

Sorry I'm not the brightest when it comes to installing and downloading and although I fly on the ATAG server I do also like the option of SP and its variables so for one like me installing these is very time-consuming- not good at my great age.
Cheers as always

Willyden001
Dec-01-2019, 22:54
Hi Seabro
Did you install the Dunkirk campaign ok, I've been trying to do that and seem not to be able to.
I may be doing something incorrect.

Regards

Blitzen
Sep-18-2020, 12:09
Is there one place her I can depend upon to find newest third party skins for BLITZ and DESERT WINGS TOBRUK? I find myself having to navigate through several different postings before finding downloadable skins.Your help greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

major_setback
Sep-19-2020, 01:43
Is there one place her I can depend upon to find newest third party skins for BLITZ and DESERT WINGS TOBRUK? I find myself having to navigate through several different postings before finding downloadable skins.Your help greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Everyone can put their skins in the download section of the forum. If they don't do that then it will be hard to find them. But everyone has to do it themselves - they are their skins.

jlan5031
Sep-22-2020, 20:01
I have 17 campaign folders in both Documents/1CSoftClub and Blitz/campaign, but only 11 show in the game's campaign window. Any idea what the problem is? Any help appreciated.