PDA

View Full Version : Rof 70% Sale - 25 May - 1 June 2015

slicker55
May-26-2015, 14:17
To celebrate ROF’s 7th year on the market they're launching a 70% off sale on all game content (except ILYA Muromets and upcoming S-16)

http://riseofflight.com/store/

Philip Sheehy
May-26-2015, 14:35
Thank for the WWI news. I have threatened with no downloads until I post a post. So, I take this opportunity to advance in the community.

Volunteer
May-26-2015, 14:44
Also available on Steam ... :)

javelina
May-26-2015, 20:03
Cool! going to pick up some new birds!

slicker55
May-27-2015, 05:35
Cool! going to pick up some new birds!

I've got ROF (Iron Cross Edition) which I bought a few months ago but I haven't tried it yet because I've been flying CLOD and DCS World. That said, for those intending to buy more planes, now is the time but it will cost a packet to bag the whole set in one go.

I'm happy to buy a handful of new planes but need some recommendations.

Also wondering whether the 'optional' modification packs are worth getting or is the extra money better spent getting more planes?

javelina
May-27-2015, 20:29
I've got ROF (Iron Cross Edition) which I bought a few months ago but I haven't tried it yet because I've been flying CLOD and DCS World. That said, for those intending to buy more planes, now is the time but it will cost a packet to bag the whole set in one go.

Also wondering whether the 'optional' modification packs are worth getting or is the extra money better spent getting more planes?

I bought 4, but thinking of a couple more. (like the bombers).

Fokker D.VII, Fokker Dr.I, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel

Mastiff
May-28-2015, 02:49
I guess you sniped my thread below ya or you just being rude?

let the thread wars begin!!!

by the way I'm just joking around with ya....

Maybe................

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-28-2015, 23:32

SE5a, Sopwith Camel, and Pfalz DXII are very helpful mod packs The Camel and SE5a mods are less than 1$ right now. The DXII mod is 2$, but necessary to fly the plane with the new BMW engine.

The only other mod really worth it is the Sopwith Dolphin, because it's amusing to have 6 guns on an aircraft.

Many of the German 2 seaters are better with mods because some of them don't come with altitude or airspeed indicators, and it adds the twin mg option for the rear gunner.

For aircraft... most of the fighter aircraft are worth getting. If you don't want to get them all, I at least recommend you buy one from each era of the war. I suggest getting at least one of the very early war aircraft like the Fokker EIII, DH2, or Fe2b.

Here is a good chart of most of the aircraft and when they flew (obviousy doesn't contain all the aircraft in game currently).