PDA

View Full Version : Campaign misison - engine always started?

Raven Morpheus
May-28-2015, 16:26
Hello

I'm going through the campaign redux by Heinkill and co. and one thing I notice is that even with CEM on I always start the mission with my engine started, and in no missions that I've done so far (in the campaign or single where I start on the ground) do I actually have to start the engine.

And to be honest it's a bit of a pita starting with the engine already going because I immediately have to apply brakes and move my rudder right because the plane will start turning left, even with 0 throttle, as soon as the mission has loaded.

Now, I think I've read something about this elsewhere (I may have even asked about it before) but I can't recall what the solution was, if there even is a solution for the campaign (I recall something about the mission editor and setting the player plane so that you start in a hanger or something).

So, probably not good for missions where the airfield is being bombed, but how do I go about setting the campaign redux missions by Heinkill and co., and any other ground start missions I may have, so that I have to start my engine?

TIA

P.S. wasn't sure if this was the right sub-forum, apologies if I should have posted in another sub-forum.

Baffin
May-28-2015, 18:13
Hello

I'm going through the campaign redux by Heinkill and co. and one thing I notice is that even with CEM on I always start the mission with my engine started, and in no missions that I've done so far (in the campaign or single where I start on the ground) do I actually have to start the engine.

And to be honest it's a bit of a pita starting with the engine already going because I immediately have to apply brakes and move my rudder right because the plane will start turning left, even with 0 throttle, as soon as the mission has loaded.

Now, I think I've read something about this elsewhere (I may have even asked about it before) but I can't recall what the solution was, if there even is a solution for the campaign (I recall something about the mission editor and setting the player plane so that you start in a hanger or something).

So, probably not good for missions where the airfield is being bombed, but how do I go about setting the campaign redux missions by Heinkill and co., and any other ground start missions I may have, so that I have to start my engine?

TIA

P.S. wasn't sure if this was the right sub-forum, apologies if I should have posted in another sub-forum.

Program a key to "request chocks be inserted" and activate it as soon as you spawn. This acts like a parking brake and prevents weathervaning into the wind.

Then, shut down the engine so that you may conduct the entire preflight/start/taxi check lists.

1lokos
May-28-2015, 19:09
In some Luthier' patchs the option to start the mission on runway with engines off existent in first version was removed (Banana's complain: I dont have time for start and warm engines).

Now planes spawn with engines off but parked around the runway.;
The issue is, taxi in CloD is very difficult (CloD banters say that there's no "lateral friction" on wheels or something similar), the effect of wind over planes is overdone, for example you cant open the BF 109 canopy in a 6 m/s seconds wind if are on runway.

Add to this, that these same patch's broken the "spline roads", what probable will lead to AI colliding on taxi, and the spawn points embed on map are used from the most far for the most near of runway (in some runways are almost 100)... *

Anyway, you can open the mission files (.mis) with Notepad++ and change the line

Scramble 1 for SetOnPark 1

* Mission makers can overcome this limitations creating new runways over the existing ones embed and block the embed spawn points with some object on map, but the process is PITA and result unpredictable (like planes spawning in the field around the airfield). :D

Raven Morpheus
May-29-2015, 04:51
In some Luthier' patchs the option to start the mission on runway with engines off existent in first version was removed (Banana's complain: I dont have time for start and warm engines).

Now planes spawn with engines off but parked around the runway.;
The issue is, taxi in CloD is very difficult (CloD banters say that there's no "lateral friction" on wheels or something similar), the effect of wind over planes is overdone, for example you cant open the BF 109 canopy in a 6 m/s seconds wind if are on runway.

Add to this, that these same patch's broken the "spline roads", what probable will lead to AI colliding on taxi, and the spawn points embed on map are used from the most far for the most near of runway (in some runways are almost 100)... *

Anyway, you can open the mission files (.mis) with Notepad++ and change the line

Scramble 1 for SetOnPark 1

* Mission makers can overcome this limitations creating new runways over the existing ones embed and block the embed spawn points with some object on map, but the process is PITA and result unpredictable (like planes spawning in the field around the airfield). :D

Thanks Sokol, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Program a key to "request chocks be inserted" and activate it as soon as you spawn.

Don't get time to do that, they won't engage on spawn for me, hence I have to use the wheel brakes first. But once I've stopped myself turning left I do put the chocks in.

1lokos
May-29-2015, 09:17
Don't get time to do that, they won't engage on spawn for me, hence I have to use the wheel brakes first. But once I've stopped myself turning left I do put the chocks in.

Yes, you can engage 'chocks" only if the plane are motionless, so need press the brakes first, and check if throttle are back before spawn.