PDA

View Full Version : TS ban

MACHETTTTTE
May-30-2015, 19:39
Hi guys :)
On my first day on TS (still don't know how to set it up properly with my mics in the monitor) I got banned for having my mic on. I think other users heard me playing...
It must have been frustrating. Sorry guys for that.
Is it possible to unban me? I would like to at least hear whats going on in my team, cause I have difficulties in finding the enemy...
Cheers,
szablamar

ATAG_Snapper
May-30-2015, 20:03
You should be good to go on TS now. Be sure to assign a "push to talk" key on your joystick or keyboard. :salute:

MACHETTTTTE
May-30-2015, 21:21
You should be good to go on TS now. Be sure to assign a "push to talk" key on your joystick or keyboard. :salute:

Thank you! I realized I had the crtl key assigned to the mic, but during the game I pressed the combination "crtl+alt+del" which turned on the mic without me noticing it...
Be aware other TS rookies! :D

ATAG_Colander
May-30-2015, 22:00
Hi Machettttttttttttttttte,

Sorry for the confusion. Every now and then a kid connects and puts music, makes noises etc. This is why the ban happened.

DirtyS
Oct-01-2015, 13:59
Hello, i was banned from TS, I think because i was AFK. Is there anyone who can unban me please? I was using the name Satan on TS but ill be changing it to Dirty. Thanks!

DRock
Oct-01-2015, 14:01
Hello, i was banned from TS, I think because i was AFK. Is there anyone who can unban me please? I was using the name Satan on TS but ill be changing it to Dirty. Thanks!

AFK doesn't get you banned. Moved maybe.

DirtyS
Oct-01-2015, 14:06
AFK doesn't get you banned. Moved maybe.

well when i came back to the PC it said i was banned, 'bad person on comms' which is strange cause im a nice guy haha and i wasnt even there :(
Maybe because of my nickname Satan? Someone got offended?

DRock
Oct-01-2015, 14:09
well when i came back to the PC it said i was banned, 'bad person on comms' which is strange cause im a nice guy haha and i wasnt even there :(
Maybe because of my nickname Satan? Someone got offended?

I'm not offended by that name.

Do you use push-to-talk, or voice activation?

DirtyS
Oct-01-2015, 14:09
I'm not offended by that name.

Do you use push-to-talk, or voice activation?
I always use Push to talk

DRock
Oct-01-2015, 14:19
I always use Push to talk

That doesn't help your case.: (

If voice activated and you walk away, your tv or radio may have annoyed people. However, this is not the case.

For an admin to ban you requires effort we would rather avoid. This required thought.

How long ago was this 'ban'?

DirtyS
Oct-01-2015, 14:30
That doesn't help your case.: (

If voice activated and you walk away, your tv or radio may have annoyed people. However, this is not the case.

For an admin to ban you requires effort we would rather avoid. This required thought.

How long ago was this 'ban'?

I got banned about 3 days ago. I was playing for about an hour, got up to do something in the next room. Got distracted and didn't get back to my PC till about 2 hours later. I then tried to get back on to TS and it said, "Banned permenently, Bad person on comms" So I cant honestly tell you why I got banned, im just assuming it was because i was either AFK or my nickname Satan was offending. Other than that, I have no clue.

DRock
Oct-01-2015, 14:34
I got banned about 3 days ago. I was playing for about an hour, got up to do something in the next room. Got distracted and didn't get back to my PC till about 2 hours later. I then tried to get back on to TS and it said, "Banned permenently, Bad person on comms" So I cant honestly tell you why I got banned, im just assuming it was because i was either AFK or my nickname Satan was offending. Other than that, I have no clue.

Ok, looking into it.

DirtyS
Oct-01-2015, 14:35
Ok, looking into it.

Ok thank you!

Baffin
Oct-03-2015, 08:09
Dirty,

I think you have the right idea by changing it to "Dirty". It has been long held policy at ATAG to prohibit patently offensive names such as "Eichmann", "Charlie Manson", etc. for obvious reasons. I suspect that TeamSpeak has similar policies. A nick like "Satan" offends an enormous constituency and is bound to backlash on you. The more friends and fewer enemies we have on CLoD, the more fun it is for everyone.

Nevertheless, whoever booted you should have had the maturity to leave you a message explaining his reasons. Whether or not he is justified, this could have been better handled.

You've shown good judgement by changing it. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-03-2015, 08:54
The situation is currently being looked into as DRock said. The TS Admin who placed the ban is unavailable at this time, but I will say that maturity has absolutely nothing to do with this. I have nothing but the highest respect for the admin who placed the ban and every faith in his reason(s) for doing so.

In fairness to Dirty, I will lift his TS ban pending my communication with the TS Admin involved.

Snapper :salute: