June 3
SunDog, Combat Wombat, GunnyMac

June 8
farley, SunDog, Spiritus_Mortem, Cocoa

June 17
yotheguy, DRock, Turn

Need UK Instructor
slicker55, Milo, Volunteer

Come out this month to learn all about Bombers. No experience necessary!

All mission maps and campaigns on the ATAG server center around the bomber.
Find out how fun it is to be at the heart of that!

ATAG's InvaderZim, 69th_Turn, and others will be hosting live training sessions on TeamSpeak and the private ATAG campaign server covering everything you ever wanted to know about the Bristol Blenheim, Junkers Ju 88, Fiat BR.20, and others. It'll be geared towards beginners, but all experience levels are welcome.

These are complicated machines. Come out and learn in two hours what could take weeks on your own! We'll start off with a brief ground school covering all the basics, then takeoff, fly formations and, yes...even start bombing stuff.

Highlights:

Bombsight mastery
Tricks of the Turret
Secrets of Teamspeak and teamwork
Loadouts for success
Compasses and Autopilots de-confusified
Keyboard mappings - what's important...and what's NOT!
and much more...

Here's the class schedule for June:

http://i.imgur.com/xUD1KOK.png

TeamSpeak ATAG Channel Meeting Place: 'ATAG BOMBER CAMPAIGN: Ready Room' channel (under 'Server 2')

* We will be flying in the ATAG Bomber Campaign private server (subject to availability).

* Password is required and will be provided in TeamSpeak.

Sign up by posting in this thread, or PM 69th_Turn. Sign up early because all classes are subject to demand.

If you'd like to attend, but can't make the scheduled offerings let me know - perhaps something can be arranged. Once UK and Australian instructors are confirmed we will add additional time zone slots to the calendar.

NOTE: we expect classes to last about 2.5 hours. Please be on time.

To get the most out of the class, you really should prepare by reading these guides to set up your keyboard and joystick ahead of time. Truthfully, there is just too much to cover otherwise, but instructors will confirm your work and answer all questions in that area.

DRock's Blenheim Key Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8556)
DRock's JU-88 Key Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8558) (99% the same as the above)
DRock's Bomber Gunner Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10158)

Thanks for your interest!

69th_SunDog
May-31-2015, 16:25
Hey Turn,
I`d like to sign up for Wed June 03: couldn`t make it to last one due to home stuff.
Not sure what others I can attend, but would like to start bombing.

Combat Wombat
Jun-01-2015, 05:31
As always i'll join :salute: missed out on the 88 due to a computer crash :(

slicker55
Jun-01-2015, 06:43
Thank you for providing such a great opportunity to learn about bombing - this is FANTASTIC news!

I would sign up immediately but I live in the UK which means the sessions scheduled to start at 9pm (EDT) will run from 2am to 4.30am (BST).

This is a shame as I would have grasped the opportunity without hesitation - there is no better way to learn than by someone actually showing you how to do things - this is a great idea and I just hope there is sufficient interest amongst those who live in the UK to justify organising sessions at more appropriate times.

Fingers crossed!

GunnyMac
Jun-01-2015, 08:09
I`d like to sign up for Wed June 03

69th_Turn
Jun-01-2015, 15:01
SunDog, Combat Wombat, GunnyMac...gotcha on the list. Thanks.

slicker55 - Well said. Thanks for your post! This is the place to express interest. Interest = Turn will make it happen.

Thank you for providing such a great opportunity to learn about bombing - this is FANTASTIC news!

I would sign up immediately but I live in the UK which means the sessions scheduled to start at 9pm (EDT) will run from 2am to 4.30am (BST).

This is a shame as I would have grasped the opportunity without hesitation - there is no better way to learn than by someone actually showing you how to do things - this is a great idea and I just hope there is sufficient interest amongst those who live in the UK to justify organising sessions at more appropriate times.

Fingers crossed!

busdriver
Jun-01-2015, 17:44
Sure...sign me up.:salute:

-=7th-DR=-Milo
Jun-01-2015, 17:50
Would love to be part of a UK one....

slicker55
Jun-02-2015, 13:59
Me and 7th so far ... yeahhhh... come on you Brits... sign-up now or forever hold your peace!:IAG:

GunnyMac
Jun-03-2015, 07:33
I get home from work at 2200 EDT so I'll miss the first hour.

DRock
Jun-03-2015, 11:22
A good technique to practice, and very useful for our bomber campaigns.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/drockmac/Assembly_zpsmxsl8zhp.jpg

busdriver
Jun-03-2015, 12:51
My apologies Turn, it now looks like I will be unavailable this evening.:sick:

farley
Jun-03-2015, 14:08
Please sign me up for the Monday June 8th Blennie class.
Many thanks for providing this opportunity!

farley

69th_Turn
Jun-03-2015, 15:26
Tonight's (June 3) class is a go. Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far.

Please make an effort to get your bomber keyboard/joystick mappings setup prior to class:

DRock's Blenheim Key Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8556)
DRock's JU-88 Key Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8558) (99% the same as the above)
DRock's Bomber Gunner Controls (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10158)

TeamSpeak ATAG Channel Meeting Place: 'ATAG BOMBER CAMPAIGN: Ready Room' channel (under 'Server 2')

Volunteer
Jun-03-2015, 17:51
Interested in a UK session for JU88, Heinkel or Dornier. :)

69th_SunDog
Jun-04-2015, 02:25
Sorry for missed attendence to this class!
i messed up my time zone conversion.... was on wondering where everyone was :doh:

I did however get all my controls set, and practiced quite a bit; but would like to take part in the next class; will get the timezone correct this time!

S!

GunnyMac
Jun-04-2015, 07:30
I also got the time zone wrong, sorry for signing up for a class that started at my bed time :doh:

69th_Turn
Jun-04-2015, 10:05
GunnyMac - you're in Texas?

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-04-2015, 10:14
i COULD HAVE SWORN 2130 WAS 6:30 PACIFIC TIME must be 7:30, cause no one was around at 6:30 and Gunny mack was already in bed !!!!

Knucks

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-04-2015, 10:28
I'd like to do the next JU88 session, probably July?

69th_Turn
Jun-04-2015, 10:56
Knuckles - 2130 is indeed 6:30 PM Pacific; you have that right. The class start time was 6:00 PM Pacific (2100 EDT). If you'd like to try again, the next one will be this coming Monday (at 6:00 PM Pacific again).

I'd like to do the next JU88 session, probably July?

Spiritus - the next class is this coming Monday, June 8 (see calendar above). As no Ju88 instructor has volunteered yet we were only going to cover the Blenheim. Are you available? If so that'd be great and we'll add the Ju88 back on the itinerary as was originally intended.

Everyone:

2100 hrs EDT = 9:00 PM Eastern = 8:00 PM Central = 7:00 PM Mountain = 6:00 PM Pacific.

InvaderZim
Jun-04-2015, 11:15
I will do June 8 for the 88 but as I am a commuter on Cali freeways, I will not be able to join until around 6:30pm. It takes me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to drive home. :)

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-04-2015, 21:55
I'll try to make the June 8th to learn the 88.

:D

69th_Turn
Jun-04-2015, 22:31
Thanks, InvaderZim!

The next class (Monday, June 8) will cover both the Blennie and the Ju88. Calendar updated. Blennie starting at 9:00 PM Eastern (6:00 PM Pacific), and the Ju88 starting about 60-90 minutes later (traffic permitting :)

farley, SunDog, Spiritus_Mortem - got you signed up.

-Turn

69th_SunDog
Jun-05-2015, 00:57
excellent! can't wait!

ATAG_yotheguy
Jun-05-2015, 01:29
Hey If I can I will come help out with the JU88 on the 8th. Sorry I missed the last one, RL got in the way again.whaa

69th_SunDog
Jun-08-2015, 19:37
Will see you gents in an hour!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-09-2015, 10:20
Thanks Turn and Zim, and also DRock for the bindings. Last night I put in about 45 minutes or so and now feel confident in flying the 88 and bombing for the blue side now.

It's going to be like all brand new maps now!

Freya, thanks for the map too, great stuff.

:salute:

69th_Turn
Jun-15-2015, 06:18
Accepting signups for the June 17th class now. Italian Br.20 and, of course, the Blenheim.

:salute:

ATAG_yotheguy
Jun-17-2015, 16:21
I would like to join your guys but I have been doing a win 7 reinstall so might not have it up and running in time. I would like to get to know the Br.20 a bit better.:salute:

DRock
Jun-17-2015, 16:49
I would like to join your guys but I have been doing a win 7 reinstall so might not have it up and running in time. I would like to get to know the Br.20 a bit better.:salute:

+1

I'd like to join you guys if it's ok.

I could use the practice with that Br20.

Assembly, as well.

69th_Turn
Jun-17-2015, 18:17
Today's class will start with the Br.20 this time (taught by ATAG_InvaderZim, thanks!).

7:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM EDT, 0200 hrs GMT)

DRock
Jun-17-2015, 18:27
Today's class will start with the Br.20 this time (taught by ATAG_InvaderZim, thanks!).

7:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM EDT, 0200 hrs GMT)

So, 10 pm EST for me.

Thanks Turn and Zim.:thumbsup:

69th_Turn
Jun-17-2015, 19:16
No, 9:00 PM EST (10:00 PM EDT). Oh, you're messin' with me... :)

So, 10 pm EST for me.

Thanks Turn and Zim.:thumbsup:

ATAG_yotheguy
Jun-17-2015, 19:41
Now you guys are messing with me. lol Down at the bottom of the page its off by 1h for me so had to go check out Nav Canada's site to get it all striate. Its a good site for weather just takes a bit to to learn how to navigate all the tools they have, like radar, METAR/TAF's, and Satellite pic's to name a few. Hope to see you guy's at 0200(UTC) 1900 her in BC. RIGHT? lol:salute:

https://flightplanning.navcanada.ca/cgi-bin/CreePage.pl?Langue=anglais&NoSession=&Page=forecast-observation&TypeDoc=html

Thanks Zim and Turn :salute:

DRock
Jun-18-2015, 10:42
Thanks for the tips and training last night, Guys. It's nice to finally have a command over every aspect of this beast. The Br20 is a really nice plane to fly, and those 800s are devastating. I'd say it's probably the most fun plane to take up a gunner position in.

I highly recommend this kind of hands on training for anyone new to this sim, or to any experienced pilots looking to learn a new airframe, or just touch up on some skills.

Much appreciated, Zim and Turn.:salute:

69th_Turn
Jun-20-2015, 09:25
Final class for June is this coming Monday (22nd). I'm not sure when the next Bomber class will be guys, so come on out while you still can.

Blennie and Br.20.

Come learn the only plane in CLOD that comes equipped with a bottle of wine.

Zim, please let us know if you can make it. I think you said "tentative" for that day...?

69th_SunDog
Jun-20-2015, 10:09
I'll sign up.
I may have to cancel, but won't know for sure until Monday morning....

InvaderZim
Jun-22-2015, 14:37
I will be in tonight.

69th_Turn
Jun-23-2015, 20:15
Thanks to Combat Wombat, youtheguy and InvaderZim for the great Br20 class yesterday. Really fun plane to learn. I think I'll always find that chromed bomber a hoot.

And I'm gonna hold you three to that Br20 wine night some day soon! We may not hit anything, but it won't matter :goofy

Combat Wombat
Jun-23-2015, 22:18
Thanks to Combat Wombat, youtheguy and InvaderZim for the great Br20 class yesterday. Really fun plane to learn. I think I'll always find that chromed bomber a hoot.

And I'm gonna hold you three to that Br20 wine night some day soon! We may not hit anything, but it won't matter :goofy

That will be a blast indeed Turn a plane full of people from all corners of the globe :thumbsup: