PDA

View Full Version : ATAG 2 Training Mission

ATAG_Freya
Jun-04-2015, 14:50
ATTN: ALL

There is now a simple training mission running on server 2 focusing on Bombers. It is inspired by, and intended for use as a training sandbox for Bomber training courses run by 69th_Turn and ATAG_InvaderZim, but ALL are welcome to use it to hone your skills and familiarize yourself with these aircraft in a worry-free environment.

The briefings as shown in-game:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RED:

Bomber Training V2

Time: 11 am
Wind: very light

Your airfields: Eastchurch, Ramsgate, Manston, and Wilmington

Available Aircraft: Blenheim MKIV Hurricane MKI (100oct)

Practice Targets:

AV 21.2 - Mock-up Wotan Radar site
AW 24.8 - Cantebury Mock Airfield Structures
Ships - AP 18.3 and south (spread for high alt precision bombing practice with single drop selected)

Live targets:

Coquelles LW Airfield BB 21.4
Marquise West LW Airfield BA 20.2

Halted convoy near Wissant airfield BA 20.7

German Bofors Column BA 20.5 travelling North from Marquis West
German AAA Transport Column - BB 20.5 travelling North to Guines
Calais Port fuel Storage BB 21.9

some extras added - King of the hill tank battle available near Upavon and Netheravon, Air race at Gatwick (needs redoing very much), Fighter duel area between Bembridge (IoW) and Theville (Cherbourg), Sightseeing/free fly at Larkhill and London.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUE:

Bomber Training V2

Time: 11 am
Wind: very light

Your airfields: Oye Plague, Calais Marck, Coquelles, and Marquise West

Available Aircraft: 109E1B, 109E4, Fiat G.50, Fiat BR.20, JU-87, JU-88, He-111H2, 110C/7 Late

Bomber NDB frequencies (primary/secondary) Littlestone 298, Lympne 296, Oye Plage 318 (includes Lorenz Landing System), Ramsgate 302, and Boulogne 306.

Practice Targets:

AZ 20.9 - Framzelle Ordanance Testing Range
Ships - AY 20.9 and west (spread for high alt precision bombing practice with single drop selected)

Live Targets:

Manston RAF airfield AX 26.3
Ramgate RAF Airfield AY 26.1

British Fuel column AW 24.8 travelling SE from Canterbury
british Tank column AV 24.9 travelling South from Canterbury

Halted Convoy near Dover AX 23.9

Radar Towers - Ash AX 25.1
Radar Towers - Dover AX 23.9

some extras added - King of the hill tank battle available near Upavon and Netheravon, Air race at Gatwick (needs redoing very much), Fighter duel area between Bembridge (IoW) and Theville (Cherbourg), Sightseeing/free fly at Larkhill and London.

3 hour duration.

Please note that the ships are moving. Also note there are a couple fighters available, but this is NOT a bomber hunting mission. They are intended for turret training practices, and general flying around. Please respect this.

Because server 2 is primarily used for events and testing, this mission may be unavailable at times and this will be indicated by a password requirement. So make use of it while it's here!

Please contact 69th_Turn or ATAG_InvaderZim if your interested in their bomber training courses.

:salute:

Combat Wombat
Jun-04-2015, 15:15
Thank you Freya Fantastic :salute:

69th_Turn
Jun-04-2015, 15:32
Thank-you, ATAG (and Freya)! Just goes to show you how committed they are to our favorite pastime in making something like this available.

If available, we'll certainly be using this for the next class (June 8 at 9:00 PM Eastern).

Bomb Camp's never had it so good! :)

Baffin
Jun-04-2015, 15:38
FYI...The title in the server list is "ATAG's Bomber Campaign"

Nice, stable server, excellent for evaluating graphics card tweaking. Very good for honing strafing skills.

Suggestions (if possible):

Put a timer on ground targets to make them automatically respawn every so often. It's easy to run out of targets during practice. If not possible, provide more targets.

Since ships move, can vehicles also? Even moving slowly can enhance the challenge.

I enjoyed it greatly!:thumbsup:

InvaderZim
Jun-04-2015, 15:41
THX Freya, U DA MAN!

69th_SunDog
Jun-04-2015, 16:40
Wow, thanks a lot for this!

ATAG_Freya
Jun-04-2015, 17:14
FYI...The title in the server list is "ATAG's Bomber Campaign"

Nice, stable server, excellent for evaluating graphics card tweaking. Very good for honing strafing skills.

Suggestions (if possible):

Put a timer on ground targets to make them automatically respawn every so often. It's easy to run out of targets during practice. If not possible, provide more targets.

Since ships move, can vehicles also? Even moving slowly can enhance the challenge.

I enjoyed it greatly!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input Fidget and all. If people are going to use this, I'll happily provide more targets and stuff to do, absolutely! That includes convoy targets (if I can get them to move down a road for long enough, otherwise they'll be static) and even trains (though they are more eye-candy targets because they don't work with triggers afaik). Keep the suggestions coming, I'll update this soon as I find the time.

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-04-2015, 18:48
Brilliant idea guys! Thanks! [emoji1]

Baffin
Jun-11-2015, 13:25
Well, I just finished a 1.2 cross country over southeast England on the new map and had a jolly good tyme! I found it to have the experience of FSX or Prepar3d, with the offensive capability of CLoD. As I toured the "Mother "country, I had some observations to pass along:

First, this is a wonderful way to learn the cities and towns that adorn our "Maps". At 2,500 AGL, I could appreciate the municipal shapes and locate them with relation to rivers and lakes. Did you know that Sandwich is just up the coast from Deal? Since we seldom open the map up to that much detail, or the lettering text obscures the land, it's easy to overlook. But on this map, it's a treat to fly from city to city while identifying the towns along the way. For training in navigation and area orientation, it can't be beat because you don't have to clear for the enemy.

Second, this mission is ideal for introductory training or even for just sharpening the takeoff and landing skills. The wind is light and traffic is rare. I plan to use it next time I pick up a student CLoDder.

Finally, it's excellent for strafing, bombing and general offensive activities. Except for the lack of multiple targets which has already been discussed, it's excellent for getting your low level bombing or gunnery all figured out. The lack of enemies allows the extra time to concentrate on accuracy and efficiency instead of survivability.

Additions to the "Wish" list:

Include RAF (Maybe German as well?) airplanes of all variants in the livery so that we can train on everything.
Establish a discreet frequency on teamspeak for this map.
Allow unrestricted weapons loads so you need'nt R&R except for fuel.
Keep wind and weather very low for new trainees.

Rules:

No combat except between contestants that are training together. No "Bouncing", "Vulching" etc. of unsuspecting players. Do not enter the fray unless invited by the players engaged. NO Bomber intercepts!
:flying2:

69th_Turn
Jun-11-2015, 16:12
My two cents:

I don't want to see Server 2 ever take significant numbers away from Server 1. No risk currently, but looking forward...

I doubt most ATAG supporters would either.

Just something to keep an eye on, maybe, and to think about while we evaluate any of our wish lists for it.

It's a huge benefit for Flight School and campaign practices...but too much beyond that we should be careful. No?

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2015, 17:35
Well I'm glad some people are enjoying it! There is no need to get carried away with too much targets, although it's a good test bed for them. Training is the focus, as far as I'm concerned. To help both new and old players familiarize themselves with nav, ground attack, basic and advanced flight on a variety of aircraft, and even graphic or controls tweeking/setting while enjoying a mostly danger free environment is a good tool to have in the toolbox, IMHO. As I said, if people continue to use it, and request things that fit the aforementioned purposes, I'll gladly keep adding to it, even if it's just simple little targets and the like. It'll never take people away from server 1, but maybe rather help people to gain the confidence to get into the competitive environment that such servers provide, or even just get in for a quick 1 on 1, or 2 on 2, or 4 on 4 dogfight...eh?

The training mission will be taken down soonish for this weekend's bomber campaign mission, and if ATAG admin approves (ie no greater use of the server required for the time being), I'll send the updated version early next week, which includes some vehicle convoy targets (for both sides), and as per Fidgets request, I will include ALL airframes. ALL. -maybe even a sukoi spawn with some air race pylons...in a far off corner

also @ Fidget - for TS it's probably best to use the existing channels for server 2, or one of the cockpit training channels. My opinion.

If there is anything else anyone would like to see put in for practice/training purposes, let me know!

Baffin
Jun-11-2015, 20:05
Well I'm glad some people are enjoying it! There is no need to get carried away with too much targets, although it's a good test bed for them. Training is the focus, as far as I'm concerned. To help both new and old players familiarize themselves with nav, ground attack, basic and advanced flight on a variety of aircraft, and even graphic or controls tweeking/setting while enjoying a mostly danger free environment is a good tool to have in the toolbox, IMHO. As I said, if people continue to use it, and request things that fit the aforementioned purposes, I'll gladly keep adding to it, even if it's just simple little targets and the like. It'll never take people away from server 1, but maybe rather help people to gain the confidence to get into the competitive environment that such servers provide, or even just get in for a quick 1 on 1, or 2 on 2, or 4 on 4 dogfight...eh?

The training mission will be taken down soonish for this weekend's bomber campaign mission, and if ATAG admin approves (ie no greater use of the server required for the time being), I'll send the updated version early next week, which includes some vehicle convoy targets (for both sides), and as per Fidgets request, I will include ALL airframes. ALL. -maybe even a sukoi spawn with some air race pylons...in a far off corner

also @ Fidget - for TS it's probably best to use the existing channels for server 2, or one of the cockpit training channels. My opinion.

If there is anything else anyone would like to see put in for practice/training purposes, let me know!

Agree with all you have said. Thanks for the good work.+

ATAG_Dave
Jun-12-2015, 17:36
-maybe even a sukoi spawn with some air race pylons...in a far off corner

:thumbsup:

Throweight
Jun-13-2015, 01:14
I was delighted to find Stonehenge on the Salisbury plain.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-15-2015, 00:53
I'll be sending a new version tomorrow to Colander. While mostly leaving the 'core' Bomber training area alone, I've added more plane types, more spawn bases (some more for sightseeing/training than anything), vehicle convoys, a 'king of the hill' type tank fight area (with a lovely prize to the winners), a dueling area for fighters (Bembridge to theville), and a pretty dang hideous attempt at an air race course. (Royraiden once had an awesome course built - mine is nooooowhere near that) IF any volunteers step forward to build a nice race course in the Gatwick area (or anywhere really), I'll buy you a beer. Other projects demand my time for now, so won't be revisiting this one for a while. PM me if you want a job! As per, the necessary mission info will be in the in-game briefing, look for version 2.0 in the header, sometime this week.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-16-2015, 21:28
The new version is up on server 2. (TY Colander!) I improved the racetrack a bit from it's original version, so please test it out and see if you can make it through. It still needs work, but is still fun. :thumbsup: The start gate is by the horse statues things. Can't miss it. Also, more importantly, a reminder, if you need Bomber training please contact Turn or InvaderZim. We need bomber pilots! More events en route! :)

edit : wrong version was up - improved the racetrack, so check it out again if you flew the horrible one...should be up within a couple days

ATAG_Freya
Jun-18-2015, 19:45
Ok, proper version is up with a better race/challenge course at Gatwick. Thanks Colander!

DRock
Jun-19-2015, 14:03
Ok, proper version is up with a better race/challenge course at Gatwick. Thanks Colander!

I tried this track last night. It's a lot of fun, but challenging.

I wonder what 80 Sukois racing would look like...hmmm.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-19-2015, 21:52
Thanks for your work on this Freya, I'll have to check it out next time I can get in the air.

ATAG_Dave
Jun-22-2015, 18:25

Ha ha tried that tonight - nice one Freya thats a blast to fly - especially with the anti matter (or whatever it is) load out :)

ATAG_Freya
Jul-01-2015, 20:09
The training mission is back up on server 2. If you need to refine your skills on one of Cliff's fine Bomber a/c, please contact 69th_Turn, ATAG_Invaderzim, or ~Eagle~, or ANYONE who wants to help with training more bomber pilots. Plenty of ways to learn on all types of bombers in a mostly worry free environment, as well as free flight, dogfight or strafing practice on fighter types. And the racecourse. Don't forget that!

ATAG_Freya
Jul-10-2015, 16:52
The training mission is OFF server 2, for the ATAG Bomber Challenge mission being run on Saturday. It'll be back up early next week, if anyone requires changes to this map let me know ASAP. Spawn points will be added for Gatwick, on-runway, and some other minor changes.

Will notify here again when it's back up.

ATAG_Dave
Jul-10-2015, 19:18
The training mission is OFF server 2, for the ATAG Bomber Challenge mission being run on Saturday. It'll be back up early next week, if anyone requires changes to this map let me know ASAP. Spawn points will be added for Gatwick, on-runway, and some other minor changes.

Will notify here again when it's back up.

for the race track how about a starting grid on the runway? P1, P2 etc? :)

it would be cool if there was a fourth skin available for the sukoi so a 4 plane race can have different colours for each plane :D

Combat Wombat
Jul-10-2015, 20:34
Thanks Freya :thumbsup: Can't you work at night :)

ATAG_Freya
Jul-12-2015, 12:35
V4 Training/free fly/tank war/dogfight/racing mission is now live on server 2. Thanks Colander!

for the race track how about a starting grid on the runway? P1, P2 etc?

No 'spray paint' feature in the FMB I'm afraid, and no placeable objects that won't make you explode when you run into them! I have redone the spawn points so players start on the runway, max of 10 or so. Let me know if they go all screwy. As for skins, it might be possible if custom skins are on. Not sure if they are though...worth a try. Just put some random colors in your su-25m folder in 'paintschemes' and see if it works.

eg: (color this in win paint however you like)

Enjoy!

ATAG_Dave
Jul-13-2015, 15:08
Spawnpoints all good so far - i was just on with another player and no issues with the spawn in for either of us. much better place to spawn in from :thumbsup:

so far i think the new config circuit is about 1 second slower in terms of lap time than the old one - but we shall see :devilish: